4351 replies to this topic

#3501 stealthraccoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 05 January 2017 - 08:32 PM

Gotta say, I love the new armor buffs to the UM-R60. The additional 96 armor points allows me to actually carry a decent payload and not cruise around with paper armor. Heck, with max armor, this little guy really can take a beating.

#3502 Zuesacoatl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 614 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 05 January 2017 - 11:06 PM

Holy crap, would some admin lock this horrible thread, it is from 2014 for petes sake.

#3503 stealthraccoon

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 06:36 AM

View PostZuesacoatl, on 05 January 2017 - 11:06 PM, said:

Holy crap, would some admin lock this horrible thread, it is from 2014 for petes sake.

We won't allow this thread to be locked yet, not while we still have something to fight for:

Urbanmech Hero (UM-RDD)
Urbanmech IIC

Edited by stealthraccoon, 06 January 2017 - 06:38 AM.

#3504 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 06 January 2017 - 09:05 AM

View Poststealthraccoon, on 06 January 2017 - 06:36 AM, said:

We won't allow this thread to be locked yet, not while we still have something to fight for:

Urbanmech Hero (UM-RDD)
Urbanmech IIC

Not to mention removal of the 10 heatsink rule for Gauss Urbie. The developers instated the 10 HS rule back when all we has were SHS and they were 1/1 dissipation and cap, and they said 10 SHS was the minimum requirement because 10 SHS provides adequate dissipation. Now we have DHS, so we should be able to drop with 7-8 DHS.

#3505 Barkem Squirrel

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 06 January 2017 - 09:27 AM

I still say the Urbie Curby UM-CUB needs to come out. (I still keep the evidence of that fateful day in PGI's history) Two torso energy hard points and 4 ballistic hard points split between the arms.

Still with all the Work Bishop Steiner has done with the Deputy Dawg, it would be very fitting considering how the urbie came about, player pressure.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Barkem Squirrel, 06 January 2017 - 09:28 AM.

#3506 stealthraccoon

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:51 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 06 January 2017 - 09:05 AM, said:

Not to mention removal of the 10 heatsink rule for Gauss Urbie. The developers instated the 10 HS rule back when all we has were SHS and they were 1/1 dissipation and cap, and they said 10 SHS was the minimum requirement because 10 SHS provides adequate dissipation. Now we have DHS, so we should be able to drop with 7-8 DHS.

You can Gauss with 10 heat sinks now, remember you get 3 free tons of armor (which used to be all I carried anyway!).

#3507 Groutknoll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 12:56 PM

View PostBarkem Squirrel, on 06 January 2017 - 09:27 AM, said:

I still say the Urbie Curby UM-CUB needs to come out. (I still keep the evidence of that fateful day in PGI's history) Two torso energy hard points and 4 ballistic hard points split between the arms.

Still with all the Work Bishop Steiner has done with the Deputy Dawg, it would be very fitting considering how the urbie came about, player pressure.

Posted Image

Posted Image

and here I was think how to look up this announcement of the urbie pic. Posted Image

I do miss it being in the OP ... oh,wait ... can a mod edit it and add it back in so that all can see the glory of this pic?

hehe ... best to do it before the angry mob comes out and demands this there by add another 30 pages to this thread that can't be killed Posted Image Posted Image

#3508 Barkem Squirrel

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 06 January 2017 - 01:10 PM

View PostGroutknoll, on 06 January 2017 - 12:56 PM, said:

and here I was think how to look up this announcement of the urbie pic. Posted Image

I do miss it being in the OP ... oh,wait ... can a mod edit it and add it back in so that all can see the glory of this pic?

hehe ... best to do it before the angry mob comes out and demands this there by add another 30 pages to this thread that can't be killed Posted Image Posted Image

We know how to handle them, start and other 200 page plus urbie discussion.

#3509 Kargush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 973 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 06 January 2017 - 02:07 PM

I have joined the Urbie Cult.

All hail the Blessed UrbanMech!

#3510 General Pete

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 123 posts
  • Locationny usa

Posted 06 January 2017 - 02:37 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 06 January 2017 - 09:05 AM, said:

Actually, the original tabletop rules stated that mechs had to have 10 heat sinks to be valid designs, so it's a thing PGI carried over from the old game...

#3511 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,606 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 06 January 2017 - 02:51 PM

Now that we got the little Bugger of a `Mech, when are we getting the IIC variant?

#3512 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 06 January 2017 - 03:49 PM

View PostHawk819, on 06 January 2017 - 02:51 PM, said:

Now that we got the little Bugger of a `Mech, when are we getting the IIC variant?

Maybe April 1st? (I mean, really)

#3513 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 06 January 2017 - 03:55 PM

View PostGeneral Pete, on 06 January 2017 - 02:37 PM, said:

Actually, the original tabletop rules stated that mechs had to have 10 heat sinks to be valid designs, so it's a thing PGI carried over from the old game...

That is true in respect to the rule existing, but PGi "explained" having the rule due to functional effects on the gameplay. This is not TT. We do not need TT rules. Do you see dice in my hand?

Remember, we were allowed to drop with less than 10 heatsinks in early closed beta. They change that after the game was initially made playable. I remember my 8 SHS Commando well.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 06 January 2017 - 03:58 PM.

#3514 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 06 January 2017 - 04:20 PM

View PostZuesacoatl, on 05 January 2017 - 11:06 PM, said:

The exalted Urbie shall not be silenced for his impact and influence is incalculable...

The game should simply save everyone some trouble and have a $20 one time fee to create an account. Upon payment you receive an Urbie pack.

It should be done... It shall be done.

Edited by MovinTarget, 06 January 2017 - 04:21 PM.

#3515 G3 Heathen

• PipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 72 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 12:19 PM

Yes! the urbanmech starter pack, get em hooked before they read all the anti urbie forms!

#3516 Nelos Kniven

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 07 January 2017 - 12:44 PM

Urbie for life! Haven't actually got one but have been killed by and watched one take on 3 heavies for at least one minute with stock minus laser plus endosteel and xl engine. When I get enough, the urbie will be my friend. Long live King Urbie! and let there be Urbanmech IIC!

#3517 General Pete

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 123 posts
  • Locationny usa

Posted 07 January 2017 - 05:39 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 06 January 2017 - 03:55 PM, said:

That is true in respect to the rule existing, but PGi "explained" having the rule due to functional effects on the gameplay. This is not TT. We do not need TT rules. Do you see dice in my hand?

Remember, we were allowed to drop with less than 10 heatsinks in early closed beta. They change that after the game was initially made playable. I remember my 8 SHS Commando well.

Of course table top rules can't be the last word in MWO, but every chance PGI takes to pay homage to those rules makes old school tt players smile with nostalgia. I'd rather have nostalgia than munchkin meta anyday (cause I'm old enough that the clans would never let me pilot a mech!)

And in total contradiction of all that, long live the Urbanmech!

#3518 Barkem Squirrel

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:06 AM

Well I just had one of those games this morning. Started to think nothing would run my way while tagging along with a direwolf. Why, who would you shoot at first a little urbie or a big bad direwolf? I would just stand a bit off to the right with my MG's and MPL's and just go for successful XL checks and then the lights decided to descend on the direwolf. I just stood there and one shot a locust running away (360 torso twist action) and then the arctic cheetah. Legged him and just lit him up on the other leg. Now the Jenner IIc just ran away in fear. At this point I have 3 kills and have not moved since engaging. So I just turned back and there were a few nice targets right infront of me, just gunning for the big bad direwolf. I did what any urban mech would do, slipped under the radar and caused fear with my MG's while running into the mist of them, causing havoc. Lost a leg, but everyone else cleaned them up. So now there is one mech left and no one sees them and I am left all alone under by the tunnel entrance on crimson straights. So I set up in the corner and wait. Then a red CT cord nova wandered by. Taped him with the MPL's and as he turned fired up the MG's and dead.

The best thing was I had 3 kills before anyone even bothered to even fire at me. Why, I'm an urbie.

Edited by Barkem Squirrel, 11 January 2017 - 12:25 PM.

#3519 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:55 AM

My name is MovinTarget (hello Movin), and I have an Urban Addiction.

#3520 ulrin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 133 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 01:29 AM

Hi all,
My name is Ulrin (Hello Ulrin), and im an Urbie'addict (and proud to be one...)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users