Mechwarrior vs Wechwarrior Online ( 1 or 2 games)

5 replies to this topic

#1 Borsuk

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 04:53 PM

When at 2009 for first time i saw this trailer i found info that there will be reboot for the series with new single player campagain and multiplayer same as before with older mechwarrior titles. But this year when i found info abour Mechwarrior Online i am start to think that Mechwarrior 5 just change to MMO game. Are those two separate games ( mechwarrior 5 and mechawarrior Olnie) or those are footage form MWO and there wont be any mechwarrior 5. Dont understund me wrong but i kinda wanna single player game as it was before.. MMO is awesome and i will play it for sure but in those kind of games you cant add every element of story, tech passibility and etc..
So can someone know answer if they are making two different games or just Mechwarrior Online ( mechwarrior 5 become mechwarrior Online) and thats it

Thanks

uncle google didnt gave me a answer for this one :)

Edited by Borsuk, 16 November 2011 - 04:56 PM.

#2 Dragonlord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 16 November 2011 - 05:06 PM

Did you use the search function on the forums?
Did you look at the FAQ and Dev Blog 0?

If not then do that and you will have your answers

Edited by Dragonlord, 16 November 2011 - 05:07 PM.

#3 KingCobra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 November 2011 - 07:18 PM

Nomatter what MWO becomes and i think it will be a super game its Mechwarrior from what i can see and thats all that matters to me. :)

#4 Drake67

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 156 posts
  • LocationEnterprise MS

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:13 PM

MWO as I read wont be anything like the Mechwarrior games I have enjoyed. If there is no single player, with a decent storyline I for one most likely wont be playing. I agree that the online part should be free as it has allways been. I own both battletech games, mech 1 thru mech 4. I am dismayed at what seems like an end to my enjoyment of a franchise i have enjoyed since 1989.

#5 Blackfire1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,462 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:35 AM

Drake, from what we understand. MWO will be a cannon event replay of everything from 3059 and up. Its not going to be a game like the original Mechwarriors simply because the origonal mechwarriors are not the game that the creators wanted to make. They were the games they could make with the given tech at the time. Now you have both the tech and internet connection to play Mechwarrior as it could and should be. Will it be any good? Only time will tell. However most people who know of Mechwarrior are from the everywhere but the PC games. Because the PC gamers were very limited.

#6 Miles Tails Prower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • LocationStrike Cruiser: "Fury of Descent"

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:11 AM

The original concept that IGN interviewed for the return of Mechwarrior... Mechwarrior(3015) was probably about the most perfect game I could have thought of for giant robots. Except apparently it was too epic, too expensive.

Going back to the basics, rebooting the franchise. Giving new comers a chance to understand the world they're entering. 4-player co-op campaign with different objectives per weight class. It sounded like the perfect game of armored combat.

Just too bad none of the big time publishers would go for the idea. I would have expected MSF to pick up on it, back when the first XBOX was invented it was all about Halo and Mech Assault. You couldn't go 2 commercials without seeing a Mech Assault advertisement on TV. Battletech was such a power house for MSF, I was surprised they wouldn't want to pick it back up.

Maybe they felt there wasn't enough demand for Battletech. I know the big wheels at Epic Games say that every single Gears of War installment was so expensive to produce that each of them was a make or break game for the company financially. Competing in the AAA market is damn tough.

Yet somehow Nintendo makes it look easy. Maybe that's why the Wii had lower hardware specs than its competitors, I know SEGA explained that developing for the Wii was far less expensive than developing for the HD consoles.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users