BattleMech

24 replies to this topic

#1 RandomExponent1

• PipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 11:48 AM

Since I found myself with a lot of time on my hands, I went through the BattleTech Wiki and found every mech that could (in theory) be introduced into the game. As I have seen numerous times in numerous threads, the Devs want 3 variants of a mech by the clan invasion to introduce it.

Granted my list might be a little off considering how much information is required.

I made note of mechs that were "Unseen" and would require a "Phoenix Program II" with a star* after it.

Inner Sphere

Light:
Mercury
Thorn
Mongoose
Hermes
Hussar
Panther
Wasp*
Javelin
Urbanmech
Stinger*
Assassin
Ostcout
Valkyrie*
Flea
Falcon
Firefly

Medium:
Wyvern
Crab
Clint
Vindicator
Hermes II
Phoenix Hawk *
Vulcan
Hatchetman
Sentinel
Dervish
Hoplite

Heavy:
Champion
Lancelot
Exterminator
Bombardier
Guillotine
Blank Knight
Ostroc *
Ostrol *
Rifleman *
Crusader *
Archer *
Grasshopper
Warhammer *
Marauder *
Grand Dragon

Assault:
Thug
Crockett
King Crab
Charger
Zeus
Cyclops
Hatamoto-Chi
Katana
Shogun
Mauler
Annihilator
Imp (questionable)

#2 Duke Hector

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 302 posts
  • LocationNistus

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:48 PM

If your wanting mechs i'll refer you to this thread

http://mwomercs.com/...cussion-thread/

since you should really use the search function on the forums

#3 Charons Little Helper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:55 PM

Also remember - they don't have copyright access to every Battletech mech.

I forget their name - but some anime company (Harmony Gold?) won't let them use for this game many designs which were in Battletech.

Edited by Charons Little Helper, 12 April 2014 - 01:57 PM.

#4 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:56 PM

I do not see a Flashman in that list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

#5 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:49 PM

Sorry, I don't believe the Dervish has a valid third variant(yet).

If the DVR-6Rd existed in any numbers to the present day, if at all surely the main sources of fluff would have noted it.

Note the fluff in TRO:3039: "No production variants of the Dervish exist".

The Spartan is nearly extinct and still got a full write up. Wait for the 8D. Forget the long gone 1S/6Rd.

Edited by Spheroid, 12 April 2014 - 03:22 PM.

#6 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:00 PM

View PostSpheroid, on 12 April 2014 - 02:49 PM, said:

Sorry, I don't believe the Dervish has a valid third variant(yet).

If the DVR-6Rd existed in any numbers to the present day, if at all surely the main sources of fluff would have noted it.

Note the fluff in TRO:3039: "No production variants of the Dervish exist".

The Spartan is nearly extinct and still got a full write up. Wait for the 8D. Forget the long gone 1S/6Rd.

Which is sad, as it has a great set of hardpoints. It could be anything from a great medium support mech to THE Scout hunter supreme, thanks to the arm design.

#7 RandomExponent1

• PipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:37 AM

@Dan the Ice Man - The thread that you tried to direct me to, did not in my mind establish a list of all possible candidates hence the different thread.

@Bishop Steiner/ @Spheroid - I must have read right past that part about the variants of the Dervish.

@Mister Blastman - The Flashman only had 2 variants at the time of the Clan Invasion. The other variants were Word of Blake and early 3060s ComStar.

#8 Firelizard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 607 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:18 AM

The Flea is already on the dev's list. We're waiting for MASC before it can be implemented.

#9 Justy Starflare

• PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 10:27 AM

as far as harmony gold and robotech mechs are concerned the only thing they own is the artwork they do no own the battletech names.
a simple redesign should suffice from being sued. there are many reworks of the artwork all pgi has to do is choose from any
of the many artists that are supplying them.

#10 Nathan Foxbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:23 AM

View PostJusty Starflare, on 13 April 2014 - 10:27 AM, said:

as far as harmony gold and robotech mechs are concerned the only thing they own is the artwork they do no own the battletech names.
a simple redesign should suffice from being sued. there are many reworks of the artwork all pgi has to do is choose from any

It is not that simple. The word from on high (cannot remember if it was Russ, Bryan, or Paul) in a discussion over the Marauder said PGI has to run any redesign by HG and HG always says no because they can. There is a reason why the BT community in general hates HG. They have earned it. We had a great community sponsored and run redesign contest for the Marauder which produced many high quality (and sometimes radical) redesigns based on the record sheets. If PGI actually had a real say in the Macross Unseen I believe (and I may be very wrong) something more would have resulted for the contest other than some really cool takes on the Marauder.

#11 Lykaon

• 3,815 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:24 AM

View PostJusty Starflare, on 13 April 2014 - 10:27 AM, said:

There is some considerable red tape involved beyond slapping a name on new artwork.

H.G. will no doubt challenge any attempt to use any of the "Macross" based mechs as this fits their past patterns.This means PGI/IGP will need to successfully defend the new images as original works.This is not free so it may be safer to not try than to try and fail and lose a pile of cash.

Then there is the issue with the still undisclosed out of court settlement FASA made with HG that resulted in all of the original mech designs used in Battledroids being pulled from the game (even designs not "owned" by H.G. or based on Macross mecha) We don't know what that agreement entailed or how it effects any current holder of the Mechwarror rights.

Back on topic on the list...

Some corrections.

Assassin is a 40 ton mech it's a medium not a light.

Grand dragon is a variant of the Dragon as are all variants of the Grand dragon so it's not a "new" mech as it can use pre-existing art assets.Honestly suprised we havn't already seen the Grand Dragon variants.

The Katana and Crocket are the same mech the Draconis Combine was gifted several Crockets by Comstar and the DCMS renamed the mech the Katana to make it more "Combine" .

If the Imp is questionable presumably due to it's exclusive use by Wolf's Dragoons and it's very limited availability then these other mechs should also be "questionable"

Shogun,Annihilator,Exterminator (only comstar has a few of these left),Hoplight and the mercury (only comstar uses the mercury and does not manufacture new ones.)

Ands since we are listing "unseen" mech the Marauder II is missing.

#12 Nathan Foxbane

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:39 AM

View PostLykaon, on 14 April 2014 - 10:24 AM, said:

Shogun,Annihilator,Exterminator (only comstar has a few Star League versions left),Hoplight and the mercury (only comstar uses the mercury and does not manufacture new ones.)

The Exterminator is extra frustrating because the CapCom and then FedSuns/FedCom produced the Succession Wars grade 4A on Nanking. I would love to pilot a customized 4A.

#13 Lykaon

• 3,815 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:16 AM

View PostNathan Foxbane, on 14 April 2014 - 10:39 AM, said:

The Exterminator is extra frustrating because the CapCom and then FedSuns/FedCom produced the Succession Wars grade 4A on Nanking. I would love to pilot a customized 4A.

Guess I'm behind the times on Battletech lore retcon.

TRO 2750 listed the Exterminator as an exstinct design later to be retconned to a Comstar only mech in the Comstar handbook and now aparently retconned again to having the Federated Suns in possession of a manufacturing site during the Succession Wars.

#14 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,575 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:30 AM

View PostLykaon, on 15 April 2014 - 12:16 AM, said:

TRO 2750 listed the Exterminator as an exstinct design later to be retconned to a Comstar only mech in the Comstar handbook and now aparently retconned again to having the Federated Suns in possession of a manufacturing site during the Succession Wars.

Yes, a number of TRO2750 'Mechs were unextincted to try and fill the gap of the Unseen in the 3025 era. In-universe the Exterminator was revived briefly (only 25 built minus the stealth) in failed attempt to replace the Wolverine for example.

#15 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:07 AM

As Blastman said, I do not see Flashman, which is an awesome Heavy.

#16 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:29 AM

View PostLykaon, on 15 April 2014 - 12:16 AM, said:

Welcome to TRO Fluff text!

#17 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:32 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 15 April 2014 - 02:07 AM, said:

As Blastman said, I do not see Flashman, which is an awesome Heavy.

The Eggsterminator(Flashman) only has 2 Variants in this time line?!?

#18 Trevor Belmont

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 290 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:44 AM

No Chameleon? http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Chameleon

#19 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:50 AM

A training Mech?

Since the Terran Hegemony introduced it in 2510, the Chameleon has been the premiere training BattleMech for light- and medium-BattleMech Mechwarriors. In fact, with its role away from the battlefield (except in the most desperate of circumstances),

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 15 April 2014 - 04:51 AM.

#20 Trevor Belmont

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 290 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:13 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 15 April 2014 - 04:50 AM, said:

A training Mech?

Sure, why not? It meets all the requirements and they are very common.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users