2 replies to this topic

#1 Decayed 1

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 01:00 PM

I have bought many mechs and only a handfull I actually enjoy playing with

I would like to be able to rent a mech to test it out and see if I like it

say for 10% of the cbills price and you have 3-5 matches you can use it for?
after that If you like it you can buy it?

eg Banshee BNC-3E is 8 542 695cbills
so you rent it for 852695 cbills and after 5 matches you can rent something else?

#2 SilverStarDragon

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 49 posts
  • LocationIn your mech's blind spot

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:14 PM

It's a cool concept but I think that boredom of grinding c-bills is what the developers want as it makes people buy mc to get things faster - which, I honestly can't blame them. This game is free to play and I think being able to rent mechs would stop people from buying them which would eventually run them out of business and we no longer have a game to play.

I guess one thing that does seem a bit off is the refunding of mechs when you sell them though, buy a mech, play 4 rounds and hate it, selling it still leaves us in the ditch money-wise. I figure if they up the sale value of mechs, they would continue to get money while we get something other than another mech to collect dust...

#3 oldradagast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:33 AM

At the very least, you should be able to take any stock load-out into the Testing Grounds, even if you don't own it.

That will at least give the user a general feel for the mech, especially how it handles. It also would let them play around with different weapons systems which they may not have experienced yet if they are very new to the game.

I've heard too many stories of people blowing their cadet bonus on a mech they hated and then being stuck or having to create a new account to get enough money to get something they like.

Edited by oldradagast, 06 April 2014 - 06:33 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users