25 replies to this topic

#21 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:19 PM

So second game of the day, first one with the Griffin (before that was a Wolverine).
Spoiler

Griffin 3M.
XL 255.
Endo Steel
LRM20 + Artemis.
3 Streaks.
Tag (LT)
ML (RA)
BAP (CT)
3 JJs.
4 tons LRM ammo.
2 tons streak ammo.
AMS and 1 ton AMS ammo.

10 DHS (none added; all from the engine itself.)

Second match for the Griffin.
Spoiler

Edited by Koniving, 08 April 2014 - 05:30 PM.

#22 Graystone1

• PipPipPip
  • Sergeant
  • 68 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:02 PM

GREAT DAY IN THE MORNING!!
That is one heck of an improvement in game-play Koniving!
I had been getting the strong feeling while playing that this mech was oriented more toward short range missiles and had been on the fence about switching.As soon as a light mech got near me i was typically already balancing heat and would fire one or 2 ppc shots before i would shut down (if not careful). A big problem, especially on the hotter maps.
I saw your build, did it with the 280XL i had already in there and hot damn! It works great.
Still a missile boat like I wanted, but now of another kind. Surely the incredible torso twist of the GRF was meant to accommodate SRMs and SSRMs.
Thanks a ton for the suggestion. It totally fixes the mech. Much more viable. Got me so happy I painted the thing.
Now I just gotta save up for an assault (Banshee or Battlemaster, not a lot of assault comparisons out there)

#23 luxebo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:53 PM

I still recommend you to get other variants to level them up and master them, which you can then accommodate with SRMs and SSRMs.

#24 Graystone1

• PipPipPip
  • Sergeant
  • 68 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:28 PM

I think I will collect some more CTFs Luxebo. Today I'm inclined to consider it with the GRFs as well. But, that is after I own one assault, one heavy, and one medium.

Edited by Graystone1, 09 April 2014 - 09:29 PM.

#25 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:30 PM

Good plan sir. :blink: If anything, I'd suggest a Victor/Highlander if you want JJs like previously on Griffin and Cataphract, Stalker or Atlas if you want a giant battlemech to push enemies with, Battlemaster or Banshee if you want to snipe with high parts of the mech, and Awesome is a tough mech to start with, not recommending Awesome until you get better later. If you're looking for Battlemaster/Banshee, I'd suggest a more separate mech, one more unique than the other two you currently have, maybe BLR-1G/D as a more direct fire mech with higher ports and more energy dependent. BNC-3M/S are also more with high ports and energy dependent, making the mechs a ton more different with a different feel to them. Hope I helped. ;)

#26 Amsro

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,396 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:33 PM

The right answer is both! I have both and they are both great mobile LRM platforms as well as great SRM mechs. With enough energy to balance the range limits of missiles.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users