25 replies to this topic

#21 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:19 PM

So second game of the day, first one with the Griffin (before that was a Wolverine).
Spoiler

Griffin 3M.
XL 255.
Endo Steel
LRM20 + Artemis.
3 Streaks.
Tag (LT)
ML (RA)
BAP (CT)
3 JJs.
4 tons LRM ammo.
2 tons streak ammo.
AMS and 1 ton AMS ammo.

10 DHS (none added; all from the engine itself.)

Second match for the Griffin.
Spoiler

Edited by Koniving, 08 April 2014 - 05:30 PM.

#22 Graystone1

• PipPipPip
  • Sergeant
  • 68 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:02 PM

GREAT DAY IN THE MORNING!!
That is one heck of an improvement in game-play Koniving!
I had been getting the strong feeling while playing that this mech was oriented more toward short range missiles and had been on the fence about switching.As soon as a light mech got near me i was typically already balancing heat and would fire one or 2 ppc shots before i would shut down (if not careful). A big problem, especially on the hotter maps.
I saw your build, did it with the 280XL i had already in there and hot damn! It works great.
Still a missile boat like I wanted, but now of another kind. Surely the incredible torso twist of the GRF was meant to accommodate SRMs and SSRMs.
Thanks a ton for the suggestion. It totally fixes the mech. Much more viable. Got me so happy I painted the thing.
Now I just gotta save up for an assault (Banshee or Battlemaster, not a lot of assault comparisons out there)

#23 luxebo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:53 PM

I still recommend you to get other variants to level them up and master them, which you can then accommodate with SRMs and SSRMs.

#24 Graystone1

• PipPipPip
  • Sergeant
  • 68 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:28 PM

I think I will collect some more CTFs Luxebo. Today I'm inclined to consider it with the GRFs as well. But, that is after I own one assault, one heavy, and one medium.

Edited by Graystone1, 09 April 2014 - 09:29 PM.

#25 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:30 PM

Good plan sir. :blink: If anything, I'd suggest a Victor/Highlander if you want JJs like previously on Griffin and Cataphract, Stalker or Atlas if you want a giant battlemech to push enemies with, Battlemaster or Banshee if you want to snipe with high parts of the mech, and Awesome is a tough mech to start with, not recommending Awesome until you get better later. If you're looking for Battlemaster/Banshee, I'd suggest a more separate mech, one more unique than the other two you currently have, maybe BLR-1G/D as a more direct fire mech with higher ports and more energy dependent. BNC-3M/S are also more with high ports and energy dependent, making the mechs a ton more different with a different feel to them. Hope I helped. ;)

#26 Amsro

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,435 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:33 PM

The right answer is both! I have both and they are both great mobile LRM platforms as well as great SRM mechs. With enough energy to balance the range limits of missiles.

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users