- - - - -

Hero Patterns Locked?

13 replies to this topic

#1 Swinebeast

• PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:01 AM

Hey guys, can I change the camo or skin on my Firebrand? It looks like I can buy (ouch!) colours but can't seem to open up the pattern selection.

#2 Garegaupa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 208 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:04 AM

Patterns for the hero 'Mechs are locked, so you will only be able to change the colors.

#3 Swinebeast

• PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:50 AM

Thanks, will be something to look at for a variant.

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 11:52 AM

It's a downfall, but one of the big allures of hero mechs is that they are unique.
Fun fact: To hide a bit among the crowd you can paint the entire thing "Basic Green" to look like any other mech.

#5 Swinebeast

• PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 06 April 2014 - 01:22 PM

Lol, that's exactly what I did, some maps it didn't seem to matter but others I was feeling like I was wearing a big red target...lol
Would be nice to know what map your about to deploy on to configure your mech/camo, but that would probably mean everyone waiting for 30mins while I scratch my head thinking about config.
May buy some blues and greys, looks like a nice compromise.

#6 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:05 PM

Coming in the future.
also coming...whenever PGI feels like it... is the ability to pre-save camo patterns and colors (supposedly even loadouts but I seriously doubt this one) based on the map.

Blues can be pretty good.
Posted Image

But honestly on some maps it won't matter what color you are. Just how deep in the water you can sit and stalk your prey.

#7 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,677 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:53 PM

Buy a couple browns too (wait for a sale). They seem to blend in the most in the most circumstances. Or at least, I feel like I stand out less when I'm wearing them. Could just be my imagination though.

#8 Takashi Uchida

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 496 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:43 AM

"Pug green" for life!

might spend some cbills to get that basic blue tho..

Edited by Takashi Uchida, 07 April 2014 - 12:43 AM.

#9 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 07 April 2014 - 11:07 AM

View PostKoniving, on 06 April 2014 - 04:05 PM, said:

Coming in the future.
also coming...whenever PGI feels like it... is the ability to pre-save camo patterns and colors (supposedly even loadouts but I seriously doubt this one) based on the map.

I sure hope so, though they'd have to change it so camo's aren't single-use and hopefully can be purchased for all mechs (Planetside 2 is doing it, and people love it!). I just envision being able to save camo loadouts for any and all mechs and choose it during the launch module after you pick the map and mech loadout to take.

#10 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 11:08 AM

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 07 April 2014 - 11:07 AM, said:

I sure hope so, though they'd have to change it so camo's aren't single-use and hopefully can be purchased for all mechs (Planetside 2 is doing it, and people love it!). I just envision being able to save camo loadouts for any and all mechs and choose it during the launch module after you pick the map and mech loadout to take.

I get the feeling that won't change. The game needs to give a warning.
But so you know you can change your colors as often as you want even with single use patterns.
There are not many people like myself who own between 3 and 9 patterns per mech.

#11 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 07 April 2014 - 11:24 AM

Currently reason you can't use other camos on hero mechs is due to lazy coding/being stingy basically: we have to wait for them to get around to setting the hero colors to work with a specific (IE the hero) pattern rather than the hero mech.

Or pull a massive pole out of their posteriors and allow the colors that come with a hero mech to unlock for the account itself, which would be easier but would essentially be like including three 'free' colors with a hero so I dont see that ever happening.

#12 SnagaDance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:47 AM

View PostKoniving, on 06 April 2014 - 04:05 PM, said:

Posted Image

Saw this pic and just had to turn it into a meme:

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__3280991

#13 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:47 PM

View PostKoniving, on 06 April 2014 - 11:52 AM, said:

It's a downfall, but one of the big allures of hero mechs is that they are unique.
Fun fact: To hide a bit among the crowd you can paint the entire thing "Basic Green" to look like any other mech.

One of the best ways to sneak in a Yen Lo-Wang, I call it the "Hidden AC20" style.

#14 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:07 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 09 April 2014 - 08:47 PM, said:

One of the best ways to sneak in a Yen Lo-Wang, I call it the "Hidden AC20" style.

Like this?
Posted Image
Also fun.
Spoiler

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users