• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:01 AM

View PostMagnakanus, on 07 April 2014 - 04:58 AM, said:

LOL, simply LOL.

It's like never going to a certain place again because your angry ex is there and you can't face the fact that you screwed up big time. The coward will run and hide, the brave will be the bigger man and face the music.

Well at least they are not bribing people with MC and special benefits to white knight for them. Now that would be really low. So would secretly moving posts they don't like somewhere else because they are "undesired".

Wait... Thats a secret? ^_^

#182 Eglar

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 921 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:03 AM

View PostMagnakanus, on 07 April 2014 - 04:58 AM, said:

LOL, simply LOL.

It's like never going to a certain place again because your angry ex is there and you can't face the fact that you screwed up big time. The coward will run and hide, the brave will be the bigger man and face the music.

Well at least they are not bribing people with MC and special benefits to white knight for them. Now that would be really low. So would secretly moving posts they don't like somewhere else because they are "undesired".

If i owned the place I'd just kicked my ex-wife out.. o wait.

#183 Roland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:05 AM

View PostEglar, on 07 April 2014 - 02:20 AM, said:

from 3/3/3/3 to "hate blame pgi". No wonder why devs, ngng, smurfy rather post and read on reddit than this forums.

You must not read Redit much, because it's pretty much non-stop hate on PGI.

#184 Eglar

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 921 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:07 AM

View PostRoland, on 07 April 2014 - 05:05 AM, said:

You must not read Redit much, because it's pretty much non-stop hate on PGI.

I do on a regular base. It's not as one sided as here.

#185 Magna Canus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 715 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:29 AM

View PostCraig Steele, on 07 April 2014 - 04:02 AM, said:

There's also the number of 'rolls' from MM to synch.

To implement this system of Roadbeers means one group and every one else solo, as opposed to the current 3 groups maximum (3 x 4 groups). So his 7 man group will need 1x4 and 3x1 allocations from MM to all get into the same game, whereas before it would have been only 2, 1x4 and 1x3.

Also, individual ELO's for individual mechs will drift over time from the "core" which will hinder future synching.

It's far from impossible, but I still don't think I would call it "easy".

In general this makes sense *gasp* ^_^
I guess a factor will also be how the MM handles the allocation of free slots. Will it give priority to matches searching for a longer time for weight class x, or will it open a new game when 12 perfectly matched mechs pop up at the same time? This might actually be the breaking point in either argument.

I'm not sure how quickly ELO's would diverge over time, but this is only significantly valid when the same exact 4 people are taking the 4A/1H 4 man slots and not rotating out to "preserve ELO".

So, in the end your analysis is "sync dropping will be nearly impossible". Can I quote you in the first post after 29 April that complains about Sync droppers? :rolleyes:

#186 Craig Steele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,106 posts
  • LocationCSR Mountbatton awaiting clearance for tactical deployment

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:40 AM

View PostMagnakanus, on 07 April 2014 - 05:29 AM, said:

In general this makes sense *gasp* :ph34r:
I guess a factor will also be how the MM handles the allocation of free slots. Will it give priority to matches searching for a longer time for weight class x, or will it open a new game when 12 perfectly matched mechs pop up at the same time? This might actually be the breaking point in either argument.

I'm not sure how quickly ELO's would diverge over time, but this is only significantly valid when the same exact 4 people are taking the 4A/1H 4 man slots and not rotating out to "preserve ELO".

So, in the end your analysis is "sync dropping will be nearly impossible". Can I quote you in the first post after 29 April that complains about Sync droppers? :huh:

LOL, you can quote me for what I said sure ^_^

"Far from impossible, but I don't think I would call it easy"

But I'm not sure quoting me would serve you well. Many seem to think that even if I agree with them am actually not so you're certain to get a response from all camps, but who knows what it will be :rolleyes:

On the ELO's its not a published number (afaik) so there's a bit of deduction for each game / member to co ordinate. I've seen some other people say they can determine their Elo but I never bothered to try it so I can't comment on it's ease. I don't really have a view on that. If it's easy for Roadbeer and his freinds to do, all power to em. I fsome one wants to post some more on that aspect, I'll read it for sure.

#187 Magna Canus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 715 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:50 AM

View PostCraig Steele, on 07 April 2014 - 05:40 AM, said:

On the ELO's its not a published number (afaik) so there's a bit of deduction for each game / member to co ordinate. I've seen some other people say they can determine their Elo but I never bothered to try it so I can't comment on it's ease. I don't really have a view on that. If it's easy for Roadbeer and his freinds to do, all power to em. I fsome one wants to post some more on that aspect, I'll read it for sure.

As far as I can tell (as long as I am not fooling myself) I fit in the middle bucket with just about everything I own, so not much guesswork there. I can actually hit what I am targeting, so I cant be in the mouth-breather bucket, and I rarely go over 3-5 kills so I cant be in the elite bucket. Leaves just one option. =)

Really I think only those who are actively trying to fool themselves will be off the mark when guessimating their own ELO.

#188 Kaldor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:04 AM

View PostKhobai, on 06 April 2014 - 06:14 PM, said:

So how do you propose balancing premades vs pugs? Because nothing else has worked to date. People bash my solution of reducing group size to 2 but at least im coming up with solutions... leaving group size at 4 so premades continue to dominate isnt any kind of solution.

Youre "coming up with solutions"? :rolleyes:

I dont think Ive heard a more asinine idea in a long time, and Ive been on these forums for what seems like an eternity...

View PostRoland, on 06 April 2014 - 06:30 PM, said:

You don't need to balance premades against pugs. Organized groups will beat disorganized ones. Who cares?

In an unrestricted environment, groups end up playing against other groups. It's balanced just fine.

Premades are just a made up specter, conceived of by bad players who wanted something to blame their badness on. Their fears are based in a combination of idiocy and hubris.

On one hand, we have fools saying that there aren't any people playing in groups, and so we shouldn't care about them, but then we have those same fools complaining about how groups make them lose every single match ever.

If you lose most of your games, you know what that means? IT MEANS YOU ARE BAD. DEAL WITH IT AND STOP BLAMING OTHER FACTORS FOR YOUR BEING TRASH.

Even when putting, I still won more than half my matches. And most of the losses weren't because of some great organizational advantage held by the other team... It was because the matchmaker decided to try and balance out the elo by dropping in a bunch of mouthbreathers who couldn't even score their mechs tonnage in damage.

This is probably why I would love more than anything to see a solo queue... Just to see what those garbage boys complain about then, and what new demon they conceive of to blame their gross incompetence on.

Important part bolded/italicized/largerfont.... ^_^

#189 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:07 AM

Actually you can do well but still lose due to no fault of your own. The other team was just better than you were.

#190 Kaldor

• 1,239 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:15 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 07 April 2014 - 06:07 AM, said:

Actually you can do well but still lose due to no fault of your own. The other team was just better than you were.

I have those games on a consistent basis. Get in there, get some long range fire in, close up, support my lance (or attempt to), brawl a little bit, get a couple kills, die, lose the match.

I do not blame the "premade" that was on the other team. After all 84% of all players are solo based on PGI's bulletproof data!

#191 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:17 AM

I have never blamed the other team for my losses. Even when my team gets stomped 12-0. We lost cause we weren't the better team.

#192 Solahma

• Fury
  • Fury
  • 1,364 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNerv HQ, Tokyo-3

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:22 AM

I guess the perfect game for any FPS is where both teams win or both teams die, otherwise something is broken.

#193 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:25 AM

View PostSolahma, on 07 April 2014 - 06:22 AM, said:

I guess the perfect game for any FPS is where both teams win or both teams die, otherwise something is broken.
Ok this is what I keep reading from everyone else Solahma.

#194 Screech

• Knight Errant
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:31 AM

Yeah it will get abused. Some folks will go to great lengths in order to avoid having their group play against other groups. Hurt feelings will get hurt otherwise...

#195 Craig Steele

• 2,106 posts
  • LocationCSR Mountbatton awaiting clearance for tactical deployment

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:32 AM

View PostSolahma, on 07 April 2014 - 06:22 AM, said:

I guess the perfect game for any FPS is where both my teams win or both teams die, otherwise something is broken.

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 07 April 2014 - 06:25 AM, said:

Ok this is what I keep reading from everyone else Solahma.

Strange, this is what I read in most posts.

I need to check forums more, my view is somewhat slanted it seems ^_^

#196 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:37 AM

View PostCraig Steele, on 07 April 2014 - 06:32 AM, said:

Strange, this is what I read in most posts.

I need to check forums more, my view is somewhat slanted it seems ^_^

Posted Image
Nope. Its an old camera trick!

#197 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:42 AM

View Postkapusta11, on 06 April 2014 - 09:11 AM, said:

I can already see the whining "3 Spiders/3 Shadowhawks/3 Cataphracts/3 Highlanders always win nerf them now!!"

Dude, your ECM quota is low. Moar cicada's and at least one DDC to hump the highlanders ^_^

#198 Solahma

• Fury
  • Fury
  • 1,364 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNerv HQ, Tokyo-3

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:43 AM

Posted Image

#199 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:46 AM

A player's ELO is also specific to the mech they're running, though, right? I mean, I'm great in my Wolverine, but my KDR in my Locust is abysmal.

#200 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:50 AM

A thought occurred to me (and I'm still reading on page 3, so forgive me if this was already said)...but if/when Community Warfare arrives...there are going to be Faction buckets.

For all the houses, like House Marik (House Road-Bacon) that want to play together and sync drop BECAUSE they want to play together, won't it be even easier?

I mean, they're all the same faction...which the matchmaker will be pulling into the same teams...

Which means it'll be even EASIER to 'accidentally' sync up as Factions than as Mercs, since that pool seems a fair bit larger.

Damnit...can I be a Merc with my boys AND have a Marik tag?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users