• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:52 AM

At least it should be Ghost. I personally will love having all Lyran's on my team come Community Warfare.

#202 AlmightyAeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:52 AM

View PostDarth Bane001, on 06 April 2014 - 11:08 AM, said:

Yeah dude as much as I find this game to be pathetic attempt to keep the franchise alive, star citizen is gonna be a joke, just look at how much you have to spend just to play the basic game man, if you really want to have fun with it you will have to put down entire pay checks...I rather suffer the stupid stuff in this game, than make some guy rich for no reason. At least this has some history.

Literacy would do you in good stead here. You "have" to pay $30 at this point, to receive a copy of the game at the basic intro level of "pledging." Enjoy.

People who spend more, like people here, are doing so to reduce their grind, because they want "MOAR SHIPS!" and because they still have faith in the developer and want to support them. Game. Set. Match.

#203 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:57 AM

I haven't payed anything... Got only one ship... but I haven't spent a dime on SC yet.

#204 AlmightyAeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:03 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 07 April 2014 - 03:55 AM, said:

House Marik may have better data on this as they started Monday night mash ups.

*Considers bringing over a Lance of Kell Hounds to this because it sounds like more fun.*

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 07 April 2014 - 06:57 AM, said:

I haven't payed anything... Got only one ship... but I haven't spent a dime on SC yet.

Gifted? ^_^

#205 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:15 AM

Poor! ^_^

#206 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:26 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 07 April 2014 - 03:55 AM, said:

House Marik may have better data on this as they started Monday night mash ups.

Honestly, we never really took data on this.
I can say that, we would always do it on Conquest mode, because when there were 2 modes, we had an apparently better chance of being successful, (this goes to when you expose layers, you can game the system), and the Conquest queue seems to be the least populated.
Other than that, all I can give is anecdotal evidence, and when it was at it's peak with 120 people pressing sync simultaneously, we would average 5-8 per team, and a few times a night, I would be in full Marik on Marik violence. But this was with the tighter Elo spread, when the parameters were much tighter than the 1400 we currently have now. Only those on the high and low end of the Elo spectrum would be left solo as it often took them longer to finding a match than the rest of us.

Again, guessing, 10 out of the 120 would be left without at least 1 of the MMM players on their team.

When it comes to team syncing, I'm going to have to defer to HHoD and some of the EU Steiner units, because when there is more than 4, there is A LOT of them.

#207 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:31 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 07 April 2014 - 06:07 AM, said:

Actually you can do well but still lose due to no fault of your own. The other team was just better than you were.

I call that winning the PUGlottery

#208 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:33 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 07 April 2014 - 07:26 AM, said:

I can say that, we would always do it on Conquest mode, because when there were 2 modes, we had an apparently better chance of being successful, (this goes to when you expose layers, you can game the system), and the Conquest queue seems to be the least populated.
Other than that, all I can give is anecdotal evidence, and when it was at it's peak with 120 people pressing sync simultaneously, we would average 5-8 per team, and a few times a night, I would be in full Marik on Marik violence. But this was with the tighter Elo spread, when the parameters were much tighter than the 1400 we currently have now. Only those on the high and low end of the Elo spectrum would be left solo as it often took them longer to finding a match than the rest of us.

Again, guessing, 10 out of the 120 would be left without at least 1 of the MMM players on their team.

When it comes to team syncing, I'm going to have to defer to HHoD and some of the EU Steiner units, because when there is more than 4, there is A LOT of them.

Thats a shame. Cause the data would have been pretty useful. ^_^

#209 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:39 AM

View PostGhost Badger, on 07 April 2014 - 06:50 AM, said:

A thought occurred to me (and I'm still reading on page 3, so forgive me if this was already said)...but if/when Community Warfare arrives...there are going to be Faction buckets.

For all the houses, like House Marik (House Road-Bacon) that want to play together and sync drop BECAUSE they want to play together, won't it be even easier?

I mean, they're all the same faction...which the matchmaker will be pulling into the same teams...

Which means it'll be even EASIER to 'accidentally' sync up as Factions than as Mercs, since that pool seems a fair bit larger.

Damnit...can I be a Merc with my boys AND have a Marik tag?

I covered this in another thread, but I'll break it down here really quick

Weight class buckets: 4
Elo buckets: 3
IS vs IS/IS vs Clan buckets: 2
IS faction buckets: 6
Battlefront buckets: 12 (if, you have the chose of fighting on a particular front, say Marik/Steiner or Marik/Liao)
Mode buckets: 3 (if you are able to choose the mode you're fighting in)

So, you have somewhere between 15 and 28 buckets, 15 of which, I assume you have a choice in being in (or, at the very least, you have an idea of which bucket you're in), and that's just in the IS vs IS bucket.

And, yes, you can. We have a built in support structure for Merc units, and all are welcome ^_^

Edited by Roadbeer, 07 April 2014 - 07:43 AM.

#210 42and19

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 197 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:40 AM

Good to see you around roadbeer, causing problems as usual. ^_^

I'm beginning to think that my boss works for PGI. They both have this thing were you suggest something. They say it's a good idea and it will be implemented ASAP and then the do something completely different and absolutely asinine. I'm still REALLY frustrated that they didn't use your idea for match making. It would have actually worked. But I suppose that doesn't fit their profile.

#211 Kaldor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:44 AM

View PostScreech, on 07 April 2014 - 06:31 AM, said:

Yeah it will get abused. Some folks will go to great lengths in order to avoid having their group play against other groups. Hurt feelings will get hurt otherwise...

No.

Some people will go great lengths to play with their friends. I know in MGA we would prefer to drop group on group and have a good match rather than a faceroll one way or the other. Hell, we love to drop against each other just because the trolling can truly get to epic proportions when its inner unit fights and we beat up on each other.

But hey, units and team play are not important to PGI anymore! I have 200+ on my friends list, maybe 10 of them play anymore.

View PostRoadbeer, on 07 April 2014 - 07:31 AM, said:

I call that winning the PUGlottery

"Derpherd to the PUGzapper"?

#212 42and19

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 197 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:46 AM

View PostKaldor, on 07 April 2014 - 07:42 AM, said:

No.

Some people will go great lengths to play with their friends. I know in MGA we would prefer to drop group on group and have a good match rather than a faceroll one way or the other. Hell, we love to drop against each other just because the trolling can truly get to epic proportions when its inner unit fights and we beat up on each other.

But hey, units and team play are not important to PGI anymore! I have 200+ on my friends list, maybe 10 of them play anymore.

Many of my friends no longer play and even I have started to migrate to other games. A game that supposedly supports team play and house/merc units sure give us a big ass middle finger.

View PostRoadbeer, on 07 April 2014 - 07:26 AM, said:

The last few madness drops that I have been part of were still on conquest. It appears to be the least populated que thus increasing our chance of getting in the same match. I'm in an average elo and 90% of my games were with around 8 other Mariks (divided between the two teams). This chance increases during the trial ladder since we are all dropping the same mech.

Edit: This was with about 40 people instead of the 120 it used to be.

Edited by 42and19, 07 April 2014 - 07:47 AM.

#213 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:47 AM

View PostKhobai, on 06 April 2014 - 11:38 PM, said:

Because theres less people playing in groups now. I used to go on the teamspeak and every public dropship was full and there were dozens of active units. Now I go on there and most of the dropships/unit channels are completely empty.

LOL, that's not really an answer.

Why do people play in groups less now?

#214 42and19

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 197 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:52 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 07 April 2014 - 07:47 AM, said:

I play exlusively in group. I find solo dropping incredibly painful.

The lack of people on TS servers is more due to PGI's failure to advertise the communities. The only obvious link to community pages is to NGNG and (sorry sean, I see you lurking there) That's not the best example. They have a TS but no link to houses or house units and they even took down their merc page. The only way for people to find house unit info is to delve into the forums and, unfortunately for most people, they are not intelligent or driven enough to do that.

Thus, while the player base MAY be growing (I say may 'cause I don't entirely believe it is), those new players are not getting connected to the communities out there despite the efforts of myself and several other to advertise as much as possible.

#215 Kaldor

• 1,239 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:59 AM

/raiseshand

Because they killed grouping because of the imaginary premade boogieman?

"OMG I GOT KILLED BY A PREMADE, NERF TEAMWORK!!!ONE11!!" This is what we seen on the forums before they cut group size to 4. 4 out of 8 wasnt bad, because you could still run 4 and sweep the game if you played hard. Now you are relying on 8 other people and hope they dont "Derpherd to the PUGzapper" and then your 4 man is left to kill the rest of the other team.

#216 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:04 AM

View Post42and19, on 07 April 2014 - 07:52 AM, said:

{snitp}

View PostKaldor, on 07 April 2014 - 07:59 AM, said:

{snip}

Of course WE know the answers to that question, we see it happen daily on the Marik TS server, but our data doesn't track with the PGI agenda that "most players want to just play solo", so that makes us the vocal minority.

Remember the good old days of December when the Widows, MGA, DRs and VOTF could field multiple 12 mans on almost any given night.

Now it's what? VOTF nightly and MGA when they REALLY try to get one together?

#217 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:08 AM

Cause its hard to be a group when you can't drop with more than 4 or less than 12!

#218 Kaldor

• 1,239 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:20 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 07 April 2014 - 08:04 AM, said:

Of course WE know the answers to that question, we see it happen daily on the Marik TS server, but our data doesn't track with the PGI agenda that "most players want to just play solo", so that makes us the vocal minority.

Remember the good old days of December when the Widows, MGA, DRs and VOTF could field multiple 12 mans on almost any given night.

Now it's what? VOTF nightly and MGA when they REALLY try to get one together?

I remember logging into TS and seeing 10+ Marik 8 mans running in CB, units mixed together, people just having a good time. When the 4 man limit went in, we had alot of 4 mans, but overall participation dropped off. MGA ran 8 mans a little bit, but organization was a problem because of the loose nature of our unit. When 12 man went in, a few units played it, but 4 mans also dropped off because it was such an uphill battle against the MM. Its gotten worse over time...

Right now MGA runs 12's every other week on Thursday nights with SWT guys. VOTF is the only unit in Marik right now consistently fielding 12.

And Stingr4y says "HI!" to you Roadbeer...

#219 Helbrecht

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 132 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:24 AM

View PostEast Indy, on 06 April 2014 - 09:15 AM, said:

It won't easier to create illicitly larger premades, since there are currently no weight restrictions.

Nor does the premade limit have anything to do with weight classes; the limit could be implemented under the hood tomorrow.

I see what you're saying but your thread title is incorrect and misleading.

People will notice and players will get banned, and there may be a helpful, neighborhood watch-style list of units/clans so groups larger than four can be easily identified.

Remember, we're dudes playing a game run by other dudes actively monitoring us. It's not like there aren't social controls to prevent cheating.

no they wont get banned bro since it not illegal to sync drop.

#220 42and19

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 197 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:25 AM

In other words. Every change made to the matchmaking over the last two years has been a detriment to the entire purpose of this game in the first place. Apparently what PGI thinks people actually want is a solo experience vs. a crapton of other "players" that may just as well be AI.

No community
No interaction
No houses
No CW

hmmmmmmm

Thank goodness star citizen is on the horizon.

17 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 17 guests, 0 anonymous users