Solo Queue With Re Spawns?

7 replies to this topic

#1 wintersborn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:21 AM

I am a casual solo player for this game and one of the biggest issues I have seen from my type of player/customer base and even the Pre made/Sync drop's is the "Stomp".

It does not really matter what causes it, for a new or Solo/Casual player it is not fun and if a game is not fun you don't play it. Its very simple to understand how that will impact the game for everyone and what matters is how to prevent it.

The two biggest factors in the "Stomp" to me are no re spawns and sides with very different skill levels.

The lack of re spawns creates a Domino effect and that creates a stomp.
What I mean is if one side groups up and focus fires on one Mech at a time, it creates this domino effect. Once a team has a 2-4 Mech advantage the outcome is almost always a Stomp like knocking over Domino's.

There is a reason why almost every other AAA online shooter has re spawns, PGI?

The lack of a new or solo etc. player queue is another big factor in a Stomp.
If you get one team with a Pre made and Sync drops all with an advantage in communication and skill you will also mostly get a Stomp. This is not fun for new players and not a challenge for Pre Made/Sync Drops, its bad for both IMO.

There is also a reason why almost every other AAA online shooter has a good Lobby (queue) options, PGI?

I would think it would be in he best interest of this company to give the two player bases options.

One queue with at least one re spawn and only new, solo or low elo, casual ec. players (No Sync drops).

And.

Another queue for team based players with the proper tools for them to have clan vs clan or house tourneys etc. A proper team based queue with a lobby and they can choose not to have 3pV or re spawns to cater to the level of competition they want.

The other factor is balance but I don't think that true balance will ever be in this game so I would focus more on the two very distinct payer/customer bases.

So why would this be wrong or too difficult for PGI?

#2 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:40 AM

View Postwintersborn, on 08 April 2014 - 11:21 AM, said:

There is a reason why almost every other AAA online shooter has re spawns, PGI?

Ever played one of the most popular FPS's out there called Counterstrike?

#3 o0Marduk0o

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:42 AM

Respawn? No thanks.

/thread

#4 Helbrecht

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 132 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:43 AM

respawns are not the problem, nor are weapons, mechs, lobbies or any of the plethora of ideas spawn as to why stomps occur.
the real reason is that people are the reason they occur. you know what really seperates a elite player from a novice? it not the mechs or the reflexes or the system they run. the biggest reason is lack of mistakes, not getting isolated staying in cover hitting and moving paying attention to whats going on around them. you can have all kinds of ideas bro on what the root cause is. but the problem is has and will always be people.

#5 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:46 AM

I'm honestly surprised that PGI hasn't blatantly taken the default game-mode from Living Legends that allows for unlimited respawns within 60 minutes of play. Implement the same "banking" system from MW:LL, allow players to buy stock mechs in-game (that, of course, do not carry over to your permanent mechbay), and call it a day.

#6 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:56 AM

No, Niet, Nein, Nu, Nie, Na, Ne, Non, Nai, Aniyo, Ni, Nei, Nem, Nahi, Lo, Ohee, Ei, Ara, Nee, Ei, Nej, Bu, La, Voch, Jo.

Pick a language and you have my answer for respawns. At best I would be ok with a dropship mode, and even then I don't think PGI will ever get around to it.

#7 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:19 PM

View Postwintersborn, on 08 April 2014 - 11:21 AM, said:

Blah

Posting the same thread multiple times is against the CoC.

And I agree with this:

View PostWarHippy, on 08 April 2014 - 11:56 AM, said:

No, Niet, Nein, Nu, Nie, Na, Ne, Non, Nai, Aniyo, Ni, Nei, Nem, Nahi, Lo, Ohee, Ei, Ara, Nee, Ei, Nej, Bu, La, Voch, Jo.

Edited by Durant Carlyle, 08 April 2014 - 11:22 PM.

#8 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:46 AM

View PostRhaythe, on 08 April 2014 - 11:46 AM, said:

I'm honestly surprised that PGI hasn't blatantly taken the default game-mode from Living Legends that allows for unlimited respawns within 60 minutes of play. Implement the same "banking" system from MW:LL, allow players to buy stock mechs in-game (that, of course, do not carry over to your permanent mechbay), and call it a day.

Would be indeed a interesting game mode - although it will "kill" every "wannabe immersion" that MWO should have - fighting single battles - looks like you are fighting for something.

But really if this would have been the IS and anybody would have destroyed the numbers of Mechs that is to find in your stats... i would send a spec ops team - to kill you while you are asleep - outside your Mech.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users