3 replies to this topic

#1 Dock Steward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 945 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:41 PM

Here's what I'd like to see the Command Module do (it isn't remotely canon, but it would still be great):

The Command Module would allow a pilot access to the enlarged map, but instead of being a separate screen that takes over the main screen and prohibits regular combat function, the map would be layered on top of the regular screen and all regular combat functions would still be enabled, albeit with decreased visibility.

That is all.

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:45 PM

I think PGI's eventual plan involves turret target priority control, use of available resources in planetary assault (such as group-based strikes), gates, and ....god only knows, really.

#3 Dock Steward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 945 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:48 PM

View PostKoniving, on 08 April 2014 - 09:45 PM, said:

I think PGI's eventual plan involves turret target priority control, use of available resources in planetary assault (such as group-based strikes), gates, and ....god only knows, really.

Well, that's fine. I'd still like to see some sort of Commander's Module that could perform this function. That, or make it a function available to all players. The big map can be really important when you're leading, but losing all ability to play while looking at it is total BS.

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:58 PM

View PostDock Steward, on 08 April 2014 - 09:48 PM, said:

Well, that's fine. I'd still like to see some sort of Commander's Module that could perform this function. That, or make it a function available to all players. The big map can be really important when you're leading, but losing all ability to play while looking at it is total BS.

I agree. Back in the day when all mechs were slower and weapons weren't so precise (from the delayed convergence), it didn't matter so much. The game could easily allow it and handle it because the game had a different pace. If mechs could overheat much sooner (lower thresholds; far less to almost no alpha striking), if mechs didn't move so dang fast... we'd do away with hit detection problems almost altogether and have the game at a pace where a commander could function.

Far as the command console.. Heard of the command rose from Battlefield? Quick commands given at the hold of a button and the move of a mouse.
Beats trying to muster this in live combat.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users