#2 Remedy 6

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 46 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMechin' my way downtown

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:41 AM

Research it with GXP under the "Pilot Skills" tab and buy it with c-bills for the mech you want under the "Modules" tab in the mechlab.

#3 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:43 AM

Accumulate the required GXP first, and then you can unlock it in the skills tab like Remedy 6 said.

You'll need to do this to every module you want to use (other than consumables, they are available from the get go)

#4 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:44 AM

1. Unlock the module by going to Skills > Pilot Trees > Advanced Zoom, and clicking Unlock. This costs GXP, which you earn by playing matches and completing select achievements.

2. Buy the module for a mech by going to Mechlab > select Mech > Configure > Modules > Advanced Zoom > Equip. This requires 2 million Cbills. This module can be moved between mechs once bought.

#5 SnagaDance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:58 AM

And just to clarify, after unlocking there is no limit to the number of Advanced Zoom modules you buy, you only need to buy the unlock cost once. Not the C-bill cost though, hence why these things are often switched around, much like popular XL engines (I'm looking at you 300!).

#6 Drahgo

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:01 AM

Thank you very much

#7 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:02 AM

View PostSnagaDance, on 09 April 2014 - 04:58 AM, said:

And just to clarify, after unlocking there is no limit to the number of Advanced Zoom modules you buy, you only need to buy the unlock cost once. Not the C-bill cost though, hence why these things are often switched around, much like popular XL engines (I'm looking at you 300!).

I have 6 of those engines... and it's not enough.

To keep my 96 mechs running. And none of them are in my lights (I don't like high speed mechs and my lights stay right around battletech limits). So that helps a bit, but not enough.

#8 BLUPRNT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 616 posts
  • LocationLake Something or Other, WA

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:27 PM

View PostSnagaDance, on 09 April 2014 - 04:58 AM, said:

I got so tired of moving my 300's around I finally just broke down and bought all 20 or so I needed. FRRREEEDOOOMMM!

#9 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:57 PM

View PostBLUPRNT, on 09 April 2014 - 01:27 PM, said:

FRRREEEDOOOMMM!

CBILLLLLLS!!!!

....I will eventually be doint that myself.... :)

#10 Twinfist66

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:45 PM

i just started playing last week and it is SO hard to earn c-bills tho....grind grind grind......

#11 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:21 PM

View PostTwinfist66, on 09 April 2014 - 06:45 PM, said:

i just started playing last week and it is SO hard to earn c-bills tho....grind grind grind......

Getting together with a group (preferably people you like being around :)) makes the grind significantly less.

But then.... it is supposed to be a team based game! :o

Edit: in case anyone is wondering (you or anyone else reading - expecting more the latter of those two though) it reduces the grind in two ways (off the top of my head)
1) Tends to make the game more fun (YMMV of course) which reduces the 'grind'
2) You tend to score higher and thus earn more when you are coordinated with your team, which is far more likely to happen if you know who you are dropping with/what they are bringing)

Edited by Shar Wolf, 09 April 2014 - 09:24 PM.

#12 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:54 AM

View PostShar Wolf, on 09 April 2014 - 09:21 PM, said:

Getting together with a group (preferably people you like being around ;)) makes the grind significantly less.

But then.... it is supposed to be a team based game! :)

Edit: in case anyone is wondering (you or anyone else reading - expecting more the latter of those two though) it reduces the grind in two ways (off the top of my head)
1) Tends to make the game more fun (YMMV of course) which reduces the 'grind'
2) You tend to score higher and thus earn more when you are coordinated with your team, which is far more likely to happen if you know who you are dropping with/what they are bringing)

Yep, here's a simple example. Once my lance decided to bring LRM boats, so, I got in my COM-2D, slapped a TAG instead of the ML, and just hid behind enemy lines tagging their rear lines. Soon as I call out a target my LRM friends rain hell and destroy it in short order. I got spotting assists and TAG assists, and ended the game in total with 11 assists, (one enemy scout died early and I didn't get the chance to fire at it.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users