- - - - -

Just Got Headshotted...

5 replies to this topic

#1 The Dreaded Baron B Killer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:56 PM

ok... seriously? one shot kill by [redacted]

clearly people are still using autoaim mods...

EDIT: just wanted to point out he got no other kills in the game, did 155 damage... which I assume was the crit one head shot.. He literally walked around and before I knew it I was dead... Was ridiculous...

Edited by Egomane, 10 April 2014 - 12:01 AM.
Name and Shame

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:10 PM

Real quick.
1) Name and shame.
2) Headshots are actually incredibly easy with the right weapons.

Also, aimbot hasn't functioned since the FPS meter was re-enabled (the FPS meter didn't physically show it on screen but it had a fluke where it'd broadcast exact positions of all mechs, which is what an aimbot program would require).

Actually killed a Raven two hours ago by headshot. I was aiming for his damaged CT and just grazed his head a few too many times with my large pulse lasers and he died. Got me a headshot achievement.

#3 SethAbercromby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:11 PM

Not really, lucky pinpoint alpha into the cockpit will do that to you, it's just very unlikely because most 'Mechs have a fairly small cockpit hitbox. And 155 damage does not only come from that one alpha, I assure you. It's okay damage but nothing spectacular. IF that guy was using autoaim, he would have walked out of the match with 6+ kills and less than 300 damage.

I don't even know why I am responding to this, this troll is so obvious that i guess I'm just biting out of politeness.

#4 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:12 PM

1. Naming and shaming is not premitted in these forums. You might want to edit out the name in your post.

2. 155 damage and only 1 kill does not really seem like a very good aimbot to me. Sounds more like he got a lucky shot off on you.

3. If you had the maximum amount of armour on your cockpit, then it would take a lot less than 155 damage with an aimbot (set to only shoot at head/cockpit hitbox. So that other player would have been shooting/grazing other players on your team.

Edited by Rushin Roulette, 09 April 2014 - 11:13 PM.

#5 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:48 PM

Don't call names on this forum mods could react a bit.....harsh.
Getting headshots is actually still pretty easy in this game.
Depending on what mech you are confronted with you need to know where and from what angle his soft spot is to be reached.
Some examples:

-- Catapult: Headshoted not as easy as in closed beta its still the mech with the most vulnerable cockpit in game. If you are in a mech with high mounted weapons its exceptional easy. Aim on the upper rim of the lower front screen.

-- Jagermech: Not that you need a headshot to take a Jager out quick and easy. ( except the little ******* snuck up on you from behind and ac40 you right through your CT )
It helps if the Jager stands a bit elevated so your weapons are on the same hight as his cockpit. Now aim for his center *eye* dont aim too high. Let your reticule sit on the lower rim of his Cockpits eye.

-- Awesome: Try from above and aim for the spot between the front of its top cockpit hatch and his center cockpit window. There are rumors around the awesomes cockpit is hitable from behind. Thats not true. ( it was in closed beta ;-) )

-- Atlas: Was once very very vulnerable. If you are desperate ( legged spider trying to get at least one kill before it dies ) aim for the Atlas left ( from his point of view ) eye. It helps when you are positioned a bit left of him. ~~ 30°

-- Rave and Cicada: either just wait till they are shut down by overheating and then take your time or rattle them with spread fire weapons like SRM and LBX. 30 to 50 meters right from the front. Both mechs often loose their cockpits to missles and arty strikes.

-- Centurion : Look him in the eye straight right from the front and then pin him with some large lasers.

-- Stalkers: where a bit vulnerable from an elevated angle frontside. Dont know it thats still the case.

-- Cataphract: Not as vulnerable as one may think but if you got time and gauss try to aim for the lower part of his center cockpit glass. Got the feeling it helps when he stands elevated.

#6 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:00 AM

As the others have already mentioned, naming an shaming is not allowed on these boards. Please refrain from doing so in the future.

On the subject of Aimbots or other illegal methods to try to get an advantage over other players:
If you come along a player you suspect of using something like this, or otherwise breaking the rules of the game, please contact support@mwomercs.com with as many details as you might have available. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Name of offending player
- Map played
- Date, time and timezone
- Type of offense
- Other players involved (witnesses)
- Screenshots
- Links to video or other information that might prove usefull to the GMs

Discussing these illegal methods on the forums will not solve your problem. It will instead, most likely, further advertise any cheat, hack, exploit or whatever else it is you are adressing. Therefore I'm closing this thread now.

Edited by Egomane, 10 April 2014 - 12:06 AM.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users