Updated! Timber Wolf Screen Shots Revealed

950 replies to this topic

#381 Onmyoudo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 955 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:59 PM

This thing looks like it's going to be mega easy to leg.

#382 MAFH

• PipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 49 posts
  • LocationLocation

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:00 AM

Didn't like the artwork of the Maddy and than this on top of it.

I think it's ugly as hell...

#383 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,064 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:04 AM

I would like to point out that the stance is still subject to change. I believe the Blackjack received a major posture correction after it was introduced. Increasing the crouch would do much to diminish the impression of too much leg.

#384 Gasoline

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 338 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:05 AM

This somehow resembles a Timber Wolf, but I think it's... meh... could've been done better. Bet if people keep complaining about the size proportions between legs and torso, they enlarge the torso and people will be crying about it being large as an Atlas.

Dunno why there're so many people complaining about the launchers being part of the side torsos. You still need to kill BOTH side torsos to kill the mech. So it's way easier (and faster - edit: and healthier) to core it right away. As long as you don't think, that this is proper cover while piloting a Timber Wolf you should be okay:

Posted Image

Edited by Gasoline, 11 April 2014 - 12:06 AM.

#385 BOWMANGR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 220 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:15 AM

As usual in these forums, the whiners NEED to whine before thinking or waiting for logic to sink in even after a lot of people where telling them that the camera angle is bad.

Or I could just post this picture so that you can see how talking prematurely makes you sound whiny to other more patient and logical people:

Posted Image

Edited by BOWMANGR, 11 April 2014 - 12:19 AM.

#386 Emdee

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:22 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 10 April 2014 - 12:00 PM, said:

My targeting computer is in a state of confusion andkeeps switching between Marauder and Catapult signatures

MARAUDER PLEASE!!!

Seriously you write lore containing the marauder yet it's not available....

Tell Harmony Gold to come see me, I'll show them the $$$ and finally we can have it ingame.

#387 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,936 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:34 AM

View PostBOWMANGR, on 11 April 2014 - 12:15 AM, said:

As usual in these forums, the whiners NEED to whine before thinking or waiting for logic to sink in even after a lot of people where telling them that the camera angle is bad.

Or I could just post this picture so that you can see how talking prematurely makes you sound whiny to other more patient and logical people:

Posted Image

hmmm... camera angle... you sure you are not at the wrong end of the logic regarding camera angle?.... like falling for a running timber wolf, specifically framed and snapped when the legs are fully bent... (i'm just saying... not that PGI wanted to do some trick or smthng :) )

I'm going to leave you with this in case you thought you discovered something new:
http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__3285464

#388 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:36 AM

As usual in these forums, the whiners NEED to whine before thinking or waiting for logic to sink in even after a lot of people where telling them that the camera angle is bad. Or I could just post this picture so that you can see how talking prematurely makes you sound whiny to other more patient and logical people: Posted Image

Still bad. The legs look more like that of a Rakshasa, than a T-Wolf. Then again, if PGI can't even get the basic model right, they are keeping up with their other incompetence. How hard is it to ****-up a design of a T-Wolf? Now we know.

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Rakshasa

Edited by El Bandito, 11 April 2014 - 12:44 AM.

#389 Myke Pantera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 836 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:38 AM

I have seen worse, but i'm still not happy with this design.

Well, most parts on it's own look decent enough. Torso, lower arms and lower legs look awesome, but the proportions ruin the the look of the mech all the same. The Legs are way to large, and the upper arms to massive as well.

I guess this has been done, because proper component sizes would raise a lot of questionmarks concerning the hit-boxes of this mech. Its the easy solution, now someone has to come up with a good solution.

Edit: The images above look pretty decent though. Maybe it is just a problem of Angle & FOV after all

Edited by Myke Pantera, 11 April 2014 - 12:40 AM.

#390 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,936 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:44 AM

I'll be happy with the design only if the legs in the idle stance are bent more and upper legs shrink in size ~10%.

Edited by Navid A1, 11 April 2014 - 12:45 AM.

#391 Masterrix

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:48 AM

I love the new "texture-style" they used for TW :)

the older mechs have "thick grey lines" at the corners of the outer-hull elements, giving them a very poor "paper-mech" look

but TW's textures are looking smoother and more metallic,
without these ugly thick grey lines, without the paper-toy feeling

I would like to see, that PGI will rework the textures of "all mechs" with this new style of texturing

I would be very dissapointed if this is exclusive for TW or the Clan-mechs, while the IS-mechs are still ugly paper-toys

#392 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:54 AM

The first picture has a very unfortunate perspective. The legs look completely out of proportion.

#393 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:04 AM

I still think they have ruined a lot of the Timber wolfs VDM's The bulbous shins the sleek Heinkel 111 torso and the Launcher pods before we even get to the arms.

Yes it does at least have the hourglass shape turntable and the characteristic canopy structure and the actual arm 'pods' for want of a better word have always been large in comparison to the rest of the mech. But unique this is not. The joint between the launchers and the arms is nothing short of awkward the current catapult would of been a much better start for this.

But what really kills this mech design for me apart from the ruined legs (size and proportions aside) are the extra weapons slots? under and to the side of the torso's flanks these are way to big, shrink these and the torso would look instantly better proportioned. Then, where are the bulbous leg joints, the knee extending past the upper leg for the cantilever look, the bulge above the ankle. None of those are present.

Granted the different perspective above does make it look better but this is still no Timber wolf i was expecting, the concept art was far better. For my name sake i am really really disappointed.

In no other way of saying this.

This is the new RAKSHASA!

Edited by mad kat, 11 April 2014 - 01:08 AM.

#394 TwelveGauge

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • 29 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Soviet Russia

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:12 AM

View PostRubidiy, on 10 April 2014 - 12:54 PM, said:

ehm...
PGI nailed it! Even screenshots are screwed up... :)

hahaha lol.. best comment!

#395 GalaxyBluestar

• 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:16 AM

Posted Image

yep we've seen this and we've still got an overly stocky, blocky shouldered and elbowed cat with stubby torso and arm weapon pods. the fat shin thinner knee in the concept art has been dumpped for an overall blocky leg... and the standing stance still has about 120+ degrees in the knee joint that gives it a non chicken walker too high on stilts posture... we know cause that's what it looks like in all the pictures
Posted Image
this is hardly walking pace look at the arms proportion, gorrilla like compoared to the torso and those arm weapons can't even shield that stubby torso. and look how tall the legs are, the angle in that knee joint is almost veriticle and that's walking pace is it... considering this is a all time MW icon mascot i think there would be benifits takening this one back for some tweeks.

#396 JuiceKeeper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 172 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:20 AM

those legs looks little bit like on steroids

#397 Carrioncrows

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:21 AM

My biggest issue with this is that they had the chance to reinvent the wheel

To make it bigger, stronger and better.

Yes it's a mad cat, yes it stepped right off of the TRO, but the TRO doesn't work for MWO.

The 80's where cool and all, but for the love of all that is good and holy, LEAVE the shoulder pads in the 80's.

Never let tradition get the in the way of making something look bad ass.

#398 Ro Agato

• PipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 24 posts
  • LocationPlanet Diana, Kerensky Cluster

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:22 AM

I used to be an MechWarrior like you but then i took an "Arrow IV" to my knee.

It's still a good piece of Work. I like and enjoy to read your posts here.
Be patient. And don´t worry.

It's the Timber Wolf.

Edited by Ro Agato, 11 April 2014 - 08:02 PM.

#399 SaltBeef

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts
  • LocationOmni-mech cockpit.

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:30 AM

It does not look bad! I think it is like a cataphract but alot tougher.

#400 MATRAKA14

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 443 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:34 AM

View PostInRev, on 10 April 2014 - 06:12 PM, said:

Ever been to Spain? Never in my life have I seen such constant, public, violent complaining as when I lived there.

i'm spanish and your comment offends me.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users