If only the leg's could be not so big. >_<

#522 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:19 AM

I like the design in the way that it fits with other redesigns like let's say the Catapult and Victor.

Though I have to admit that it evokes more the image of a Mad Cat III instead of a classic Timber Wolf.

#523 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:21 AM

View PostMagitek, on 11 April 2014 - 09:15 AM, said:

Thanks for the new screenshots. The new angles further confirm that do in fact love this design. However, I agree with GrinNfool. Those missile pods would make the Timberwolf have very large side torso hit boxes. I'll run in it anyway, but I also run Dragons.

It depends on how the hitboxes are done. If the launchers are all side torso it could be a problem. If the launchers include the arm, side, and center hitboxes then it would likely be so easy to spread the damage and so hard to pinpoint your damage that they would cease to be the best location to shoot at.

#524 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:23 AM

The intial pics were kind of wierd looking, but I must say the subsequent pics released by PGI look pretty friggin awesome. I kind of like how the Timberwolf's arms and legs have some "bulk" to them. I really would not care for the spindly, round arms and legs of the previous "cannon" versions of the mech that some of you are posting, which quite frankly look ridiculous imo.

#525 Magitek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 128 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:24 AM

View PostRouken, on 11 April 2014 - 09:21 AM, said:

It depends on how the hitboxes are done. If the launchers are all side torso it could be a problem. If the launchers include the arm, side, and center hitboxes then it would likely be so easy to spread the damage and so hard to pinpoint your damage that they would cease to be the best location to shoot at.

I like that idea. The thong helps current mechs.

#526 Patzer

• PipPipPip
  • The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 53 posts
  • LocationBuena Park, California

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:26 AM

WOW! just beutiful. I can't wait for delivery. Great job guys. I have to digout my large resin madcat and valture models.

#527 Der BruzZzler von Wiesndoof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationAm Grill

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:28 AM

I remember the old days as they published the new Centurion concept art, some years ago. The reaction was very similar. Nobody liked it and almost the whole community grumbled about the new Centurion design (me too :) ).
Meanwhile, everyone has got used to the new design.

I'm sure that we'll get used to the new Timber Wolf design, but i must confess ... That will be hard for me! :blink:

#528 Kraven Kor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:35 AM

What PGI has produced looks 1,000x better than the orginal, spindly, piece of trash that was the original.

Still hate clan stuff, and give exactly zero @#$%s, but seriously. You all are hilarious.

Granted I could nitpick this myself in various ways.

#529 DirePhoenix

• 1,565 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:35 AM

View PostRouken, on 11 April 2014 - 09:21 AM, said:

My question is if the missile pods are removed if you don't mount any missiles, like with the BLR or TDR. I'd love to put the Marauder back in the MadCat, although I guess it would look more like a CPLT-K2 with Cataphract arms.

EDIT: It's too bad that this is a filthy vatborn clanner ride, and I won't be able to pilot one while fighting for my Inner Sphere faction of choice. But I guess I could still have my near-Marauder in the rare instance when I might be playing in public or private matches... which, I'm not sure why I would do that when I could be playing for my faction.

Edited by DirePhoenix, 11 April 2014 - 09:40 AM.

#530 focuspark

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:38 AM

View PostRouken, on 11 April 2014 - 09:11 AM, said:

... this is a very strange image because that kid is winding up for a pitch as though he is right handed, but he is wearing a right handed glove and the pitch has already been thrown.

This is an image created by an artist who has obviously never played a game involving a ball.

#531 falknir

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:40 AM

View PostKoniving, on 11 April 2014 - 08:36 AM, said:

If you compare the "Art" of the clan package mechs versus the standard clan mechs, the "package" mechs get the rounded designs.

Seriously click on one of the clan mechs and compare the art.

(Storm Crow: Package version gets Terminator hands. Standard versions get Talons.)

Uller, torso gets rounded.
Dire Wolf, legs rounded. Warhawk, rounded legs. Timberwolf, rounded legs.

If you browsed their image carasel (by clicking a singular mech at the top) you see the regular-geometry and unique prime geomtry, but can understand how people never noticed this. From their current clans page it leaves me unsure if the current "a la carte" offerings come with the unique geometry or not and the given thumbnails show they do. There is a certain lack of proper presentation of what's being sold.

However, it is in my opinion the whole unique geometry should be available for all variants of a package and be toggleable in mechlab. Additionally they need to sell these alternate geometries of a mech in-game instead of limited-time package offerings. Some people don't like the forced-on look of a package offering or maybe they do for other variants they actually want to use. Give players the options and they'll sell better.

#532 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:42 AM

View PostDirePhoenix, on 11 April 2014 - 09:35 AM, said:

My question is if the missile pods are removed if you don't mount any missiles, like with the BLR or TDR. I'd love to put the Marauder back in the MadCat, although I guess it would look more like a CPLT-K2 with Cataphract arms.

It would be nice. However I'm expecting it to look like a HBK-4G with no ballistic.

#533 QuimMorius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 196 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:43 AM

View PostKuroNyra, on 11 April 2014 - 09:11 AM, said:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Oh yea!!! Take my $$$

#534 Frost Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 419 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:45 AM

View PostGrinNfool, on 11 April 2014 - 09:08 AM, said:

Mech looks awesome, can't wait to see it in game myself.

One concern though, while in tabletop the "shoulder" missles didn't matter that they were part of the torso, in an FPS I can't help but feel with these part of the torso, the mech will be a huge liability to use, as it makes side torso shots incredibly easy from even extreme ranges. Think about how easy it is to take off a catapults arms, but in this case, the result isn't weapons loss its death. Would sort of like to see them move to the arm, or go the MW4 route and make a seperate shoulder destruction box.

clan xl engines need to lose more then 3 slots to count as destroyed. so taking out one shoulder isn't Death for a clan meck.

#535 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:47 AM

View Postfocuspark, on 11 April 2014 - 09:38 AM, said:

This is an image created by an artist who has obviously never played a game involving a ball.

I saw what you did there.

#536 DirePhoenix

• 1,565 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:48 AM

View PostFrost Lord, on 11 April 2014 - 09:45 AM, said:

clan xl engines need to lose more then 3 slots to count as destroyed. so taking out one shoulder isn't Death for a clan meck.

...not to mention that Clan OmniMechs have CASE built-in (on all locations) for free.

#537 Suko

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:50 AM

View PostBOWMANGR, on 11 April 2014 - 12:15 AM, said:

As usual in these forums, the whiners NEED to whine before thinking or waiting for logic to sink in even after a lot of people where telling them that the camera angle is bad.

Or I could just post this picture so that you can see how talking prematurely makes you sound whiny to other more patient and logical people:

Posted Image

Or without the whining, PGI might not have released these images for weeks because they think the community LOVES the design. Start thinking before you type something out next time.

For what it's worth, I still don't think this is the best Timber Wolf design I've seen. It looks like it went to the gym to bulk up its arms and legs but forgot to do the upper body workout while he was there.

Edited by ShadowVFX, 11 April 2014 - 09:52 AM.

#538 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:50 AM

if God played MWO.

This could be the mech He would pilot.

This could be the battlemech Lady Gaga would lose her virginity in.

I for one am glad I bought one.

#539 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:52 AM

Timberwolf aside this is a very strange image because that kid is winding up for a pitch as though he is right handed, but he is wearing a right handed glove and the pitch has already been thrown.

Interesting way to look at a left handed pitcher's follow through I guess.

#540 Unusual Suspect

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:57 AM

Timberwolf aside this is a very strange image because that kid is winding up for a pitch as though he is right handed, but he is wearing a right handed glove and the pitch has already been thrown.

Hmm. Odd, because to me, it looks like he has finished his throw (his left leg and arm have followed through, the left leg very awkwardly), with the ball pictured midair, mid-pitch. It is either a mistake in perspective or a poor pitch... looks like it'll connect with the guy's head, or the wall behind him.

"You suck at pitching! Why do you follow through like that? Release earlier, numbskull, or you'll peg me!"

68 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 68 guests, 0 anonymous users