#21 Felio

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:19 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 11 April 2014 - 01:15 PM, said:

6 mechs tho,

5 really, assuming one of them is a Locust.

#22 Kaox Veed

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 158 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:21 PM

Would those 6 variants happen to be the royal variants? Would be nice to have them to face the Clans with :)

#23 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:22 PM

OK Paul, I take back some of the venom.

Not quite ready to re-engage my "WHiteKnight-Shield" just yet, though. But the ac2 and 5 fix is in line with what I have been saying for quite some time. Not 100% sure about the range nerf (it actually makes IRL sense, just not Btech sense).

#24 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:22 PM

A lot of the changes here seem to be DPS oriented. Are you guys looking at the balance of burst alpha strikes that get launched quickly before ducking back behind cover? Dual ppc/dual ac/5 might not have the greatest dps, but it doesn't really matter if you're spending your cooldown safely behind cover.

Edited by Jman5, 11 April 2014 - 01:23 PM.

#25 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:23 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 11 April 2014 - 12:37 PM, said:

The general idea has been generally accepted and a few holes need to be patched here and there.

A new meme is born.

Posted Image

#26 SgtKinCaiD

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationBordeaux

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:25 PM

When are you going to do something about arty/air strike ? The damage is fine but the spamming for such a low price is not.

#27 Sniper09121986

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:27 PM

View PostFelio, on 11 April 2014 - 01:06 PM, said:

OK, you might need to fix this then:

:)

I still have to say, giving it a shorter range than the AC/5 seems inconsistent. However short you have to make the AC/2, the AC/5 should be shorter.

My high school knowledge of physics tells me that the range of a firearm depends on barrel length to barrel caliber ratio, and since the Mechs' construction dictates a roughly equal barrel length of all the AC's, the AC/2 has to have the lowest shell drop, followed by AC/5 etc in order of caliber, with the natural exception of the Gauss. So I do not see what they did there either, it makes no more sense to ride AC/2 chainfire shotgun anymore.

#28 Felio

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:28 PM

View PostVanillaG, on 11 April 2014 - 01:18 PM, said:

The AC/2 is getting a buff in regards to the normalization of DPS between the various classes of AC. He stated the AC/20 is 5 DPs, AC/10 is 4 DPS, (U)AC/5 is 3 DPS so following that logic the AC/2 should have been 2 DPS. So it is buffed since it has the same DPS as the (U)AC/5 class at 3 DPS since there is only a 2 ton difference between the weapons.

Again, as a professional proofreader, I find myself wishing they would hire one. Every. Damn. Time. Not just for clarity, like in this case, but for typos and grammatical errors.

#29 Lord Perversor

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in New Aragon

View PostFelio, on 11 April 2014 - 01:19 PM, said:

5 really, assuming one of them is a Locust.

2 Battlemaster
2 locust
1 Shadowhawk
1 Thunderbolt..

You are welcome

Edited by Lord Perversor, 11 April 2014 - 03:17 PM.

#30 Foust

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 394 posts
  • LocationKentucky

I think the SRMs need to be far more dangerous the closer you get to your target. SRMs need to be dangerous <= 270m to offset the very limited range.

So go ahead and bring back the "Splatcat". We need potent close range weapons to counter potent long range ones.

#31 SpiralFace

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:31 PM

These balance changes sound great.

Any chance we are going to see these balance changes make their way into the April 15th patch?

Disappointing to hear that the SRM's are still going to be patchy, but good to hear forward momentum is starting to pick up on them.

#32 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:35 PM

Can we talk about bringing the overall ballistic range down? Why is it 3x when energy weapons (including the ballistic-like PPCs) are 2x?

#33 WVAnonymous

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationEvery world has a South Bay. That's where I am.

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:40 PM

View Postarghmace, on 11 April 2014 - 01:18 PM, said:

That sentence about AC2 range is a bit confusing. Surely AC2 won't have a shorter range than (U)AC5? That would make it completely useless and it would make no sense in the bigger picture. Smaller AC's should have more range, period.

And I have to add that even if it retains its current range it will still be a sub-par weapon once it's dps is lowered that much while its heat remains as it is. AC2 is just way too hot but that has been okayish since its other stats have been so good. No it just boils you up and gives you nothing in return, great.

It would have to have less heat due to reduced firing rate, unless the nerf is from making the shells do less than 2 dmg.

#34 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:41 PM

It seems surreal to me that we are here in April 2014, two years after closed beta, six months after the game has launched, and still being told that "The final phases of Community Warfare are going through design review and high level scope assessment".

#35 SpiralFace

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:42 PM

View PostLivewyr, on 11 April 2014 - 01:35 PM, said:

Can we talk about bringing the overall ballistic range down? Why is it 3x when energy weapons (including the ballistic-like PPCs) are 2x?

While I agree that that seems a tad on the ridiculous side (especially where the AC 20 is concerned when they are more effective then AC 10's at the AC 10's optimal range,) But I'm glad to see them take a more "cautioned" approach. The DPS nerf to the 5 alone should be significant enough to see a change.

We want balance among the weapons, not to see one dominate over the other, and Ballistics do have additional weight and crit spaces to worry about. There is always that option in the back pocket if this change is not significant enough to change the weapons.

#36 Nicholas Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:43 PM

Paul, why do you insist on keeping AC's at 3x range? It's a major detriment to the game at this point.

It's a very simple fix to drop them to 2.5 or even 2.

#37 Felbombling

• 2,973 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:45 PM

Paul, just wondering two things. First, shouldn't the AC class be steps up in usefulness? It always seemed to me that if a Mech could carry a heavier class AC, it would. The first choice for an Atlas would be the AC/20, because it could carry it effectively, whereas a Mech like the 40-ton Assassin didn't have the tonnage available, so it was more or less 'forced' into taking an AC/2 as main armament. Shouldn't the numbers reflect that, because if things stay the way they are, Clan Mechs with 4x Ultra AC/2s, such as the Dire Wolf B configuration will overheat in mere seconds.

Secondly, as far as SRMs go, can you not look at giving them rudimentary tracking capabilities and assign missiles to locations, much like Streaks work right now, but give them fairly poor turning abilities? That should help them make hits, but they could still be sidestepped or avoided to some degree. Just tossing out an idea for them, given that they are really needed as viable brawling alternatives.

#38 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,624 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:48 PM

My Battle Master is getting some love this Tuesday. Hopefully the BLR-10S will enter the field. That way I can utilize the LB AC/10 on the right arm instead of the left. Would be sweet as hell. I wonder, do we have to buy these variants? Or do they come for free for those who purchased the Phoenix Packages? I'm guessing the former and not the latter.

#39 JFlash49

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • LocationKingston

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:48 PM

good... good... good... 6 mechs!! wow...wait...what happened to maps :) ? No new maps? sigh...

#40 Chemie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:51 PM

so CW programming STILL has not started yet? Jeez...hopeless.

Also, AC5/AC2 nerf seems to ignore damage per ton; almost as important as DPS.

What Paul doesn't get is that this is just following his nerfs:
Nerf AC20- we switch to AC10
Nerf AC10 - we switch to UAC5 and AC2
Nerf AC2/UAC - we switch to the next thing...maybe back to AC10 I think (AC20 distance/speed nerf still big factor)

Edited by Chemie, 11 April 2014 - 01:56 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users