• LocationJapan

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:26 PM

2PPC and 3 SRM4 is the ham sammiches around these parts

#42 LowSubmarino

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:46 AM

I must admit for some reason I never even knew about the 2k.

One of my favorit builds, which I played more than all other mechs and builds together, was the stalker 3f with 4 er lls.

The only downside was that it was virtually impossible to disengage once my position was compromised, which forced me to learn about positioning early on once I started mwo. Still, I always dreamed of a similar build with a much more agile mech.

Somebody sent me a video about the shawk 2k with 3 er lls and I couldnt believe I somehow completly overlooked that mech.

And that build is a beast. If you are familiar with er lls and the shadowhawk in general, and you love sniper builds, then this is a loadout that decides matches if 2 equally skilled teams play against each other.

I have only played it for about 3 days now. Getting 500 - 600 dmg and 2 kills is easy an my best game so far was 1136 dmg, 5 kills and 6 assists. It is not good in brawls and good lights will be your worst enemy. But you run at 106 kph, heat efficiency of 1,42 and with your single jj you really are an incredibly agile and mobile sniper. The high mounted energy hardpoints just demand 3 erlls.

I can alpha 3 - 5 times depending on the map.

I truely worship this build it is a hell of a lot of fun. There were multiple games with me being last and 2 - 4 heavies and assaults against me. If you are smart you can even outrun the dreaded madcats for a while and annoy the hell out of an entire lance. That only works on the big maps but it shines against slower mechs that simply cannot catch up to you and wil learn to fear your 27 alpha.

If you have some friends, let one run the same build and get 2 lights with anti light builds and you have an absolutely über strong sniper lance. Great fun and if you combine your 6 erlls you can kill things so quickly you wouldnt believe it. We killed multiple whales in about a minute each. Just the two of us. You can also use slot 3 and 4 with other shawks like the 2d2 with ac 10s and 4 streaks. That works even better vs lights and is great for brawling.

So far the shadowhawk is the most fun mech for me. It is a fantastic mech. If I'd suddenly wake up in the mw universe and ppl demanded I must pilot a mech i'd immediatly ask 'Can I run a shadowhawk 2k pls?' ;-)

#43 DarthPeanut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 861 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:51 AM

I been running mine as the typical SRM/ meds brawler setup. I also been running the 3 ERLL setup a lot.

Edited by DarthPeanut, 03 October 2014 - 11:52 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users