Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:57 PM

SICK!

#43 Kael Posavatz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 971 posts
  • LocationOn a quest to find the Star League

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:59 PM

Right, because I can't put this build on the Thunderbolt 5S. A new mech is fun and all, just not seeing how this one is going to be different from the 5S and PGI has been pretty careful about releasing mechs with same hardpoints...unless this is a 5s with one fewer missile hardpoint in which case my response is...meh.

#44 Toadkillerdog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 178 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:00 PM

View Posthanturaya, on 16 April 2014 - 04:43 PM, said:

Free champion, insane sales (and mechbays!?) and now free unreleased mech? Something is going on...
The clans are not coming this year guys.

Yeah, I'm startin to get worried too. I usually avoid the "OMG THIS WILL BE DEAD IN A YEAR" but I'm getting concerned that there's somethin else goin on.

#45 Alik Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 406 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:04 PM

Cool free mech and mech bay thanks*... :lol:

*note: even though still VERY worried about games future.

Edited by Alik Kerensky, 17 April 2014 - 12:42 AM.

#46 DragonsFire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 655 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:07 PM

View PostToadkillerdog, on 16 April 2014 - 05:00 PM, said:

Yeah, I'm startin to get worried too. I usually avoid the "OMG THIS WILL BE DEAD IN A YEAR" but I'm getting concerned that there's somethin else goin on.

Something else like the ability to actually offer sales and promotions like this dynamically without having to take down the server to do it?

#47 GFierce

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 56 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:09 PM

Thunderbolts aren't my best but going to get one of these for sure. PGI is doing a much better job of making their customer's happy. Keep this up and more people will be joining the game.

#48 Jeffrey Wilder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:15 PM

Sounds fun, good move PGI.

#49 CycKath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,574 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:16 PM

View PostToadkillerdog, on 16 April 2014 - 05:00 PM, said:

Trying to fill the gap and keep spirits up/match wait times down before the Clan packages hit IMO, which makes me wonder if we end up with another heavy discount Hero sale or another challenge offering free stuff next month too...

#50 Name140704

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:18 PM

I'm sure a 6 flamer tbolt will be a fun way to kill some time.

EDIT: Aw shucks, this came up again, guess I'll play a Timberwolf this weekend as well

Posted Image

Edited by Psycho Farmer, 16 April 2014 - 05:22 PM.

#51 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:22 PM

View PostCycKath, on 16 April 2014 - 05:16 PM, said:

Trying to fill the gap and keep spirits up/match wait times down before the Clan packages hit IMO, which makes me wonder if we end up with another heavy discount Hero sale or another challenge offering free stuff next month too...

Last one (Feb) was a medium, this one (April) is a heavy.. ..does that mean then that in June we will get an Assault? :lol:

#52 Ragnar Darkmane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 459 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:23 PM

View PostCycKath, on 16 April 2014 - 05:16 PM, said:

God, I sure hope so. Its pretty easy to forget the slooow relase schedule or the balancing problems when the devs give you a free mech (this one being, what, worth 6M with DHS?) AND a mech bay for doing pretty much nothing every two months ^^. Very nice to see considering how extremly grindy most major F2P games (like WoT, WT or Planetscape 2) have become and some of the dev teams (WT coming to mind) force you to grind for 3 hours every day for 2-3 weeks just to get your free "christmas present" :lol:. Great to see PGI handing out valuable stuff for free, I'm sure they'll get alot of financial love back for that.

#53 mack sabbath

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:26 PM

That variant comes with DHS already if anyone can find a decent build for it.

#54 TheStrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 574 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:30 PM

Another free mech + bay weekend - Sweet!

A new Thunderbolt - Sweet x2! :lol:

Colors - Sweet x3!

Buckaneer - If it were a sale on individual uses, I'd be all over it, alas...

#55 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:38 PM

View PostKael 17, on 16 April 2014 - 04:59 PM, said:

Right, because I can't put this build on the Thunderbolt 5S. A new mech is fun and all, just not seeing how this one is going to be different from the 5S and PGI has been pretty careful about releasing mechs with same hardpoints...unless this is a 5s with one fewer missile hardpoint in which case my response is...meh.

Dual AMS.

#56 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:53 PM

AAAAHHHHH!!!!!
Title made me think a whole new Mech was coming. :P
Thought about T-bolts for a while but not found the right builds for me yet.
I will aim for this though, for some strange reason I saw this on Smurfy's yet thought the 9S was always available.

View PostHomeless Bill, on 16 April 2014 - 03:28 PM, said:

Nailed it. I'll buy some paint since you guys are giving me more free shit. When you make me feel like a valuable customer, I'm much more likely to give you my spare income. Giving me a free Centurion netted you two 'mech bay purchases and a Hero 'mech purchase; I hope you continue the trend.

Stranger, you seem familiar. :P Not seen you around here for months.

View PostRoadbeer, on 16 April 2014 - 03:30 PM, said:

EDIT:
I'm not being entirely honest, I'll still get it, I'm not a moron

We know that, your name is RoadBEER not RoadKILLED.

View PostKael 17, on 16 April 2014 - 04:59 PM, said:

A 5S with 1 less Missile and 2 more Energy plus dual AMS. I note at Smurfy's it has 10 degrees less torso rotation than the other 3.

#57 kesuga7

• 1,022 posts
  • LocationSegmentum solar - Sector solar - Subsector sol - Hive world - "Holy terra"

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:56 PM

free mechbay and a thunderbolt?!

with DUAL AMS?!
do want

dual ams - 1 ppc - 5 mids - 1 ac 5 - 2 ams
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...adb1871eea35f96

thunderbolt 9s - standard 295 - 80.9 kph - 400 armour - 16 doubles - 2 large lasers - 4 medium lasers - 2 machine guns - 2 ams - 2000 ams rounds http://mwo.smurfy-ne...be630f933376d0e

Edited by kesuga7, 16 April 2014 - 06:09 PM.

#58 Kivatu

• PipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 63 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:57 PM

Nailed it. I'll buy some paint since you guys are giving me more free shit. When you make me feel like a valuable customer, I'm much more likely to give you my spare income. Giving me a free Centurion netted you two 'mech bay purchases and a Hero 'mech purchase; I hope you continue the trend.

i cant say it better than that bro , thanx pgi

#59 Prezimonto

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,017 posts
  • LocationKufstein FRR

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:59 PM

I concur, this is the kind of promotions that get me excited and willing to try diving back into the game.

#60 KevinL21

• PipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:00 PM

Great job. Looking forward to the thunerbolt and I'll be spending credits on more mech bays to master it as well as GXP conversion so it's less grindy. Wise move PGI.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users