31 replies to this topic

#1 Joat

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 94 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:58 AM

this win 5 matches and get a free phoenix mech BS....
I am done....
you people will never get a dime out of me again.I am uninstalling this game,and when asked about it by my peers....Ill tell them of the crap company that runs this game.

you people took a great game and turned it into poop,an now your giving away what so many have spent money on....what kind of BS I that....yup we go your money so now we are going to slap you all if the face.....thanks for that

are there any old school fans of game still playing?and if so why?

and for the people who decided that light mechs are the end all be all.....
this is not high school....your adults....you don't have to worry about the school bully picking on you....80+ ton mechs should NOT be easy targets.

EDIT -
I posed this in anger over what I glanced at....I di not read the e-mail fully...saw free phoenix ...and got angry
YES lights are the end all be all in this game...

Edited by Joat, 17 April 2014 - 09:16 AM.

#2 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:59 AM

View PostJoat, on 17 April 2014 - 08:58 AM, said:

I am done....
you people will never get a dime out of me again.I am uninstalling this game,and when asked about it by my peers....Ill tell them of the crap company that runs this game.

you people took a great game and turned it into poop,an now your giving away what so many have spent money on....what kind of BS I that....yup we go your money so now we are going to slap you all if the face.....thanks for that

this is not high school....your adults....you don't have to worry about the school bully picking on you....80+ ton mechs should NOT be easy targets.

dafuq did i just read?

#3 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:59 AM

The Phoenix mech they're giving out is an unreleased Thunderbolt variant, the 9S. It's not the Thunderbolt you paid for as part of your Guardian package.

Edited by FupDup, 17 April 2014 - 09:00 AM.

#4 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:00 AM

Nobody has spent any money on this mech.

#5 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:01 AM

View PostDavers, on 17 April 2014 - 08:59 AM, said:

dafuq did i just read?

Sounds like one of those whales who spent way too much money on the game.

#6 AlmightyAeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Reading comprehension. It's important.

#7 Daekar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

Ummm... I'm confused. You're mad because they're giving out a free as-yet-unreleased variant?

And you don't like light mechs, it seems.

Well... uh... bye? The rest of us old school fans who pay to keep the servers on will continue raging against the balance issues we don't like and enjoy the rest of the game.

#8 Mavairo

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,251 posts

I am done....

First off the 9S is an unreleased Variant. So they are giving away a NEW Variant for Free (the 5S has +1 missile point, 2 less energy, and 1 less AMS to the 9S).

Second: you also get a free bay with it

Third: I've been here since CB. I'm here because I love mech combat. Doesn't mean I agree with everything PGI has done, but the game is a hell of alot of fun when you've got 2 to 3 friends to drop with any given night.

Fourth: Wait what? Light mechs are the be all end all? The hell? Since when? It's been a VERY long time since lights have had their time in the sun. Waaaait were you one of the guys I dropped against that whined about us cap winning you on Tourmaline Assault a couple nights back? What were you expecting a team that was out tonned by 400 odd tons to do.. brawl and snipe against mass assaults?

Edited by Mavairo, 17 April 2014 - 09:04 AM.

#9 Ardney

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • 171 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:02 AM

I'll be the first to criticize PGI's design decisions...but getting mad over them giving away a free, new, variant that you most certainly didn't pay for (because, you know, NEW) is perhaps not the best case you could make.

[edit]
Dang you forum kids are fast. 7 replies in the time it took me to see this thread and write this? :lol:

Edited by Ardney, 17 April 2014 - 09:04 AM.

#10 Burke IV

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:05 AM

I am done....
you people will never get a dime out of me again.I am uninstalling this game

Its a joke ?

#11 Joat

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 94 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:06 AM

then I am mistaken about the thunderbolt. .... I am sorry.... I did no read the whole thing I admit.....saw free phoenix mech an got angry

rest of post still stands

Edited by Joat, 17 April 2014 - 09:07 AM.

#12 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:08 AM

View PostJoat, on 17 April 2014 - 09:06 AM, said:

then I am mistaken about the thunderbolt. .... I am sorry.... I di no read the whole thing I admit.....saw free phoenix mech an got angry

rest of pot still stands

Glad that kettle and *pot* are still standing and going strong? Lol.

Okay, so, the rest of your post was "assaults shouldn't be easy targets?" Aside from being a complete non-sequitur from where you started, they aren't. Light mechs that exploit assault weaknesses actually take skill to do so. If lights are tearing you up in your assault, you may want to rethink how you're piloting.

#13 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:09 AM

View PostDavers, on 17 April 2014 - 08:59 AM, said:

dafuq did i just read?

He is just mad he bought the CML-2B (bad Camel mech) and now PGI is letting folks win a TBR-?? LOL! :lol:

#14 Greyboots

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 396 posts

Meh. He did say "straw that broke the camel's back". If he's going to be that touchy that he doesn't read the promo properly then he was going to leave and tell his friends not to play regardless.

And as for light mechs, I've got 80+ ton mechs that will get reemed by a single light because of the loadout. Others the lights won't hang around because I'll slaughter them.

I don't agree that my 80+ ton mechs should be hard to hit and slaughter lights just because they're 80 tons. That's just silly. If I set it up in a way that makes it an easy target for lights then that's exactly what it should be.

#15 BARBAR0SSA

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Wow you must have raged over the fake people could buy Phoenix mechs for CBills then hey?

This post totally reminded me of the George Carlin joke of something you'd never hear someone say "Stop sucking my d$%k or I'm callin' the cops!" this guy said it!

#16 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:12 AM

View PostFupDup, on 17 April 2014 - 08:59 AM, said:

The Phoenix mech they're giving out is an unreleased Thunderbolt variant, the 9S. It's not the Thunderbolt you paid for as part of your Guardian package.

A Steiner T-Bolt???

#17 EyeOne

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,488 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCockpit, Stone Rhino

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:14 AM

Me. In since the first few waves of closed beta invites. Still here, still playing. I'm missing CW like everyone else, but blowing up mechs is fun. Sue me.

What?

#18 Suko

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:16 AM

Wow. This is misinformed ramblings at it's best.

#19 TimePeriod

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 548 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationI'm out gardening, back in 10.

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:20 AM

View PostMavairo, on 17 April 2014 - 09:01 AM, said:

First off the 9S is an unreleased Variant. So they are giving away a NEW Variant for Free (the 5S has +1 missile point, 2 less energy, and 1 less AMS to the 9S).

Second: you also get a free bay with it

Third: I've been here since CB. I'm here because I love mech combat. Doesn't mean I agree with everything PGI has done, but the game is a hell of alot of fun when you've got 2 to 3 friends to drop with any given night.

Fourth: Wait what? Light mechs are the be all end all? The hell? Since when? It's been a VERY long time since lights have had their time in the sun. Waaaait were you one of the guys I dropped against that whined about us cap winning you on Tourmaline Assault a couple nights back? What were you expecting a team that was out tonned by 400 odd tons to do.. brawl and snipe against mass assaults?

I can attest to that, last match I put a firestarter down. First goes one leg, then the arm and then the other arm. I taunted the poor ****** with "Need a hand?" and promptly put a gauss round into his CT.

#20 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:21 AM

I'd offer some Cake

but I don't think

it'll help.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users