Loadout

18 replies to this topic

#1 Rex Budman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 841 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:12 PM

I'm sick of having to go back into mechlab, configure, load module and then check out. The process is just, well, arbitrary if I'm filling out the same consumables all the time.

Can we get something to just auto-refill the modules?

Edited by Rex Budman, 18 April 2014 - 07:16 PM.

#2 Cattra Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,858 posts
  • LocationFredericton, NB, Canada

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:24 PM

I know its in the works from them confirming it on NGNG as something they are looking into, no ETA though last we checked in.

Edited by Cattra Kell, 18 April 2014 - 08:25 PM.

#3 Sug

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,629 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:45 PM

It's a feature coming with UI 2.0

#4 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:04 PM

As has been said, consumable auto-refill should be an option in one of the upcoming UI2.0 updates (no ETA as far as I know).

#5 80sGlamRockSensation David Bowie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:10 PM

View PostRex Budman, on 18 April 2014 - 07:12 PM, said:

I'm sick of having to go back into mechlab, configure, load module and then check out. The process is just, well, arbitrary if I'm filling out the same consumables all the time.

Functionality in UI2.0?!

I shall inform Paul of your dissension!

#6 80sGlamRockSensation David Bowie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:23 PM

Dang nikolai, you're putting in some late hours on the forums, that I can respect

<S>

#7 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:23 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 18 April 2014 - 11:17 PM, said:

It's a cool idea we've considered in the past. I think the main hold-up on that one was concern over high value automated costs which we had encountered in the past, such as with repair/rearm. Over-time, rather than feeling like an active decision to have the 'Mech re-equipped, players felt as though it had become a tax on their gains. This is a psychological barrier we hope to avoid stumbling into again, so feel free to shoot us your ideas which keep that in mind!

I feel like what would be nice is if you equipped a Consumable and used in in a match, when joining a new match afterwards you get a mechanic dialogue box saying, "Hey! I forgot what you said about [consumable]. Did you want me to install another one for [amount] (or )?"
Y/N

If you click Yes, it gets put on your mech and you get launched into searching for a game.
If you click No, you launch into the game without any consumables, and you won't be prompted again until after you manually equip and buy a consumable and then use it in a match.

That way it's still kind of tied into the game, it's not this autonomous back-end system taking care of things for you. And you can decide if you still want that consumable or not.

Personally though, I'd be just fine when equipping a Consuamble there'd be a checkbox beside it to say "Auto-buy upon use."
When you hover this check box, you have a tooltip that explains what this means, and when the re-equip happens. Something along the lines of: Auto-buy does not take place in-game. When you leave a game you will be prompted if you wish to replenish the [consumable] on [mech name].

I think that's one thing you would want as a must-have is the confirmation box after re-entering the mechlab from a match; just to make sure the player always accepts the auto-equip and there are no hidden purchases. If it's common enough, include a "Do not remind me again about this [consumable] on [mech name]". To stop the auto-buy, simply unequip it. I feel like that covers all bases. Make sure players understand the feature...

Alternatively. You could make this toggle for consumables only purchased by MC?

I just wanted to add that I think this is wildly different from Rearm and repair. There was many problems with that system that I'm not going to get into. But I definitely would not remotely consider an auto-buy option to be on the same lines as rearm/repair. Specifically because auto-buy is a user enabled option, and is only for convenience, and not a requirement.

Please improve the quality of life for UI2.0.
We really are hurting for easier and simpler processes.

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 18 April 2014 - 11:45 PM.

#8 Ultimax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:28 PM

It's a cool idea we've considered in the past. I think the main hold-up on that one was concern over high value automated costs which we had encountered in the past, such as with repair/rearm. Over-time, rather than feeling like an active decision to have the 'Mech re-equipped, players felt as though it had become a tax on their gains. This is a psychological barrier we hope to avoid stumbling into again, so feel free to shoot us your ideas which keep that in mind!

Would the following be possible?

In the modules section, create a separate slot (or perhaps just allow this in the current slots, adding a counter)

In this slot, the player can "load" as many of one specific consumable module as they like.

Consumables in this slot, will be auto-loaded onto the mech after being consumed in a match.

So it's not auto-buying from the store, the player would need to actively go in and purchase then load X number of the consumable, and then burn through their stock.

#9 GreyGriffin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts
  • LocationQuatre Belle (originally from Lum)

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:30 PM

This problem could be resolved (as with many UI shennanigans) with a more intuitive MechLab/Hangar. Just a button to refill modules.

Although a module refill prompt before dropping might be nice as well.

#10 Rex Budman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 841 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:40 PM

I hear what you're saying but I think I forgot to mention as I thought it would be understood unsaid; considering there are a few different consumables a player would need to actively select the module and in turn confirm the players wishes to automatically reload said module.

I think the philosophy is quite distant from repair and rearm which as a founder I saw implemented during the initial stages of the game and removed due to varying factors or concerns within the community. Whilst I respect the removal of the RnR aspect of the game I do feel that this is merely a matter of functionality rather than a burden, as it is by request rather than an imposition.

Also it's simplicity in functionality provides a streamlined mannerism and would provide a higher level of satisfaction. In other words, a simple addition could see a lot of smiles on many users faces by merely allowing one to constantly drop without going through save mode changes in ones mechs. In most cases peoples mechs are set in stone and delving into mechbay would only be for an immediate change either for permanent use or testing.

Late edit: Oh I should add also that this should probably be restricted to CB content ONLY. I believe some of the few might make a mistake costing them real currency in which would cause (undoubtedly) a bit of a rift within the Customer Service base.

Edited by Rex Budman, 18 April 2014 - 11:54 PM.

#11 OneEyed Jack

• 2,500 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:38 AM

I think a simple toggle for auto-refill (the same as we had for auto R&R) would work wonders. Although a auto-refill toggle on each slot would work even better.

#12 Warrior UK

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 142 posts
  • LocationUK South Coast (Sussex)

Posted 19 April 2014 - 04:04 AM

View PostRex Budman, on 18 April 2014 - 07:12 PM, said:

Have been wanting this to be added since the modules started, total pain in the butt having to click here, click there, its not lick we dont have enough things to left click on to get to parts of the mech bay already. I now call PGI, (PGILC), Pianha Games Institute of Left Clickers.......lol

#13 Foxfire

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 04:35 AM

Wouldn't it be better, then, to have a pop up to ask if you wanted to refill modules(maybe even allow you to deselect modules if you didn't want to refill a specific module)?

Right now, it is cumbersome because you have to go through something on the order of four layers to get to the modules which is an annoyance if you are a consistent consumable user.

#14 Eglar

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 921 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:04 AM

Would love autorefill!

more importantly shouldn't this be in Feature Suggestions?

#15 Nicholas Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:44 AM

You do realize this is only a problem because Strikes are better than every other module right?

The reason you are worried about it being a "tax" is because it's so good, that high end players ALWAYS take them.

When items are balanced, it's an option...you can stick in another persistent module, and have it help you.

When two modules...which happen to be consumable...are so out of whack, you run into the problem you described.

#16 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:13 AM

what if we buy a PACKAGE of 10, 12, etc, and auto-refill until these are expended. Then it does not auto-renew forever, and user input is required periodically to replenish the stock.

#17 Osric Lancaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 03:52 PM

1 - Ability to buy consumables in bulk, (variable amount purchase or bulk discount) with MC / C-bills.

2 - Have 'Mechs remember which consumable module types they have equipped.
(Eg, the cool shot module becomes a 'coolant tank' that's full/empty.)

3 - Add a "repair / refit" tab in 'Mechbay, as below.

Posted Image

Extra credit / community warfare:

4 - Each faction assigns a number of 'credit chits' each week for each weapon or component produced in a solar system they control.

5 - Salvage awards chits for salvaged components.

6 - Chits are used to 'repair' components damaged or destroyed in a match.

7 - Chits can be bought* from or sold to your faction for 1/20th the weapon's c-bill cost.

*When in stock.

So -

Over-time, rather than feeling like an active decision to have the 'Mech re-equipped, players felt as though it had become a tax on their gains. This is a psychological barrier we hope to avoid stumbling into again, so feel free to shoot us your ideas which keep that in mind!

The difference here being that your corp/faction is essentially taking your salvage and using it to subsidize your side's losses. You're encouraged to use a varied load out, (so you don't burn through all your PPC chits at once). People are also encouraged to focus on weapons or gear their faction produces in abundance. You buy components and ammo at full price to equip your 'Mech, but you neither make great gains, nor take great losses on salvage. Ammo, structure and armor are also subsidized, as well as being much more available. (Ammo for all weapons looking at you, SRMs should really be 2x table top values per ton. Just throwing that out there.) Chits can at no point in no way be turned into the item they represent, and you must still buy gear normally when equipping a 'Mech. Piloting trial 'Mechs would be a good way to earn chits without risking any.

Really expensive items like engines might need to be worked out separately, since 1/20th of an XL engine's cost is still more than you make in any match ever.

Edited by Osric Lancaster, 20 April 2014 - 06:07 PM.

#18 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:27 AM

I get what you're saying, but I think it's completely different territory than repair/rearm. R&R was necessary to keep playing. Consumables are certainly not, and therefore the greater psychological annoyance probably comes from having to click to replenish candy every round.

#19 GrizzlyViking

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationMarik

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:32 AM

I vote yes for auto-renewable consumables! I am GrizzlyViking and I approve this message. :D

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users