401 replies to this topic

#381 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:57 AM

View PostBlack Ivan, on 02 July 2014 - 11:49 AM, said:

Problem is PGI does not know it's own meta, otherwise several Hero or champions Mechs would never happened, like the poptart Shadowhawk.

There's only two options there...straight incompetence (they don't know their own game) or they want the meta to be a certain way (poptarting).

I can't believe that anyone is that stupid as a game designer to fall into category 1 so it must be that they want the meta that way.

#382 Mavairo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:38 PM

View PostLyoto Machida, on 02 July 2014 - 11:57 AM, said:

There's only two options there...straight incompetence (they don't know their own game) or they want the meta to be a certain way (poptarting).

I can't believe that anyone is that stupid as a game designer to fall into category 1 so it must be that they want the meta that way.

You clearly never played STO... 1 is entirely possible

#383 ColonelMetus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 430 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:35 PM

View PostNgamok, on 02 July 2014 - 10:36 AM, said:

Do you revisit your thread every 10 days and put in a useless 1 liner that has nothing to do with your original discussion? Seriously, get over it, you suck. Stand out in the open with your assaults more, get owned. REKT.

no

#384 Ozeo

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 78 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:56 PM

Actually, I believe that only 1 thing should be nerfed when it comes to the LRM's. That's the textures that flood's your screens and.

#385 ebea51

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 435 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:00 AM

LRMs are fine.
Its just out in force because streamfire is cool and a lot of people are still on their clan-mech honeymoons.

Besides, just stay in cover... or take ECM.
Or everyone can start taking AMS again - its slowly coming around again.

At least LMRs eventually run out of ammo... unlike PPCs... which is why LRMs are getting taken soo much lately - they are the only real 'hard counter' to pop-t4rds.

#386 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:17 AM

View PostOzeo, on 02 July 2014 - 09:56 PM, said:

Actually, I believe that only 1 thing should be nerfed when it comes to the LRM's. That's the textures that flood's your screens and.

...and what??? The suspense is killing me...

Did he just die to LRMs while posting that?

Ozeo???

#387 Kilo 40

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:19 AM

seriously everyone, troll thread.

stop feeding it.

#388 Lynx7725

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:48 AM

View PostKilo 40, on 03 July 2014 - 03:19 AM, said:

seriously everyone, troll thread.

stop feeding it.

But but but... you just fed it...

;)

#389 Dakshinamurthy

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:04 AM

I think this is another example of what i'm going to call the 'timberwolf effect'. The mech is so brokenly overpowered that any aspect of the game it comes into contact with instantly appears to be overpowered. I saw a timberwolf today with 2 lrm 15s, 2 ppcs, 2 small lasers, 2 machine guns, and a medium laser. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. Things a joke there's absolutely no counter to it at all and it -clearly- outclasses the victor.

#390 Ngamok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:26 AM

View PostColonelMetus, on 02 July 2014 - 09:35 PM, said:

no

Then explain your two prior posts to this one. I would like to know what it adds here.

#391 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:26 AM

Lol...is the third iteration of this thread still not dead yet?

#392 Ngamok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:28 AM

View PostGhost Badger, on 03 July 2014 - 06:26 AM, said:

No, because Metus bumps it every 10 days with some stupid 1 liner. He won't let it die.

Posted Image

Edited by Ngamok, 03 July 2014 - 06:29 AM.

#393 Kilo 40

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:54 AM

View PostLynx7725, on 03 July 2014 - 03:48 AM, said:

But but but... you just fed it...

;)

*hangs head in shame*

#394 Exilyth

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:43 AM

Don't worry, just repeat this mantra over and over until the LRMs go away:

"AMS is the new meta."

#395 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:44 AM

I thought QQing was the FoTM

#396 ztac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 11:25 AM

well until PGI do something solid about LRM the problem will never go away , seems you see them more and more in PUG matches now (it was bad , now its getting worse) , the fact that they combined with anyone that has a chance of direct fire whittle 1 team down to about 6 men then just come charging in says it all really.

The only people that say they are not op are the users and you get the usual line about ECM,AMS,COVER, RADAR DEP Modules , AMS modules etc,etc .

Except a lot of the above is useless or can be easily countered seems not to matter just because they are in game. But then you can add things like Narc and TAG that then compound the problem.... wish I had a NARC type ammo for my AC's so they don't miss! Or how about intelligent ammo that goes around corners? you would all say no , yet it is ok for LRM.

The real problem is that if you view it from the POV of 1 LRM mech it's not too bad , but when 9/10 players have them it becomes an epidemic , or less players but with more launchers. hunting LRM is not overly viable either due to the pack mentality that has been pushed for obvious reasons.. huddle around ECM .. bunch AMS ... centralise firepower etc , etc.

It is with little wonder that all the matches are almost just a re-run of the previous ones on any given map really.

On a better note you wont have to put up with me as soon my prem time will run out and i'll be gone ^_^. Off to a game where the devs are clued in constantly making the necessary changes with input from the community!

#397 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 05 July 2014 - 03:03 PM

View Postztac, on 05 July 2014 - 11:25 AM, said:

well until PGI do something solid about LRM the problem will never go away , seems you see them more and more in PUG matches now (it was bad , now its getting worse) , the fact that they combined with anyone that has a chance of direct fire whittle 1 team down to about 6 men then just come charging in says it all really.

The only people that say they are not op are the users and you get the usual line about ECM,AMS,COVER, RADAR DEP Modules , AMS modules etc,etc .

You mean the players who use a variety of weapons and know from experience that countermeasures are not needed to almost completely negate LRM's?

Except a lot of the above is useless or can be easily countered seems not to matter just because they are in game. But then you can add things like Narc and TAG that then compound the problem.... wish I had a NARC type ammo for my AC's so they don't miss! Or how about intelligent ammo that goes around corners? you would all say no , yet it is ok for LRM.

Your AC's have around 30-40% hit rate? That's bad. I'd suggest you work on your aim.

The real problem is that if you view it from the POV of 1 LRM mech it's not too bad , but when 9/10 players have them it becomes an epidemic , or less players but with more launchers. hunting LRM is not overly viable either due to the pack mentality that has been pushed for obvious reasons.. huddle around ECM .. bunch AMS ... centralise firepower etc , etc.

It is with little wonder that all the matches are almost just a re-run of the previous ones on any given map really.

On a better note you wont have to put up with me as soon my prem time will run out and i'll be gone :huh:. Off to a game where the devs are clued in constantly making the necessary changes with input from the community!

#398 Iskareot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 433 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNW,IN

Posted 05 July 2014 - 04:10 PM

yeah camping is the new FOTM due to the other FOTM known as LRM'n.............

#399 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:48 PM

View PostGhost Badger, on 03 July 2014 - 06:26 AM, said:

No.

#400 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:53 PM

View PostLyoto Machida, on 16 July 2014 - 03:48 PM, said:

No.

Why would you do a thing like that....

1 user(s) are reading this topic