#1381 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,586 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:33 AM

View PostRhaythe, on 20 February 2015 - 05:19 AM, said:

I wanted to use the 4X in an upcoming game, and I just can't find the record sheet anywhere. I tried to make it in REMLAB... but that looks like ass. o_O

Should be the same as the Stock Raven 4X in game (just divide the armor in half if you are talking TT).

However, let me dig for the TRO in my files... Might take me a while.

View PostSilentScreamer, on 20 February 2015 - 07:06 AM, said:

I am only an occasional attendee, but I will throw my two cents in.

Keep it simple. Every night I have played at least one match has had illegal mechs. It is usually an accident, either the wrong varient picked or the player is inexperienced and did not know what they were doing.

Adding "counts as" rather than "stock only" adds a whole new level of complexity, and I do not think it is a good idea. A CN9-A(C) can be modified to a stock CN9-A easily enough, and the in-game HUD will show the correct varient ID. This does not hold true to the Atals and King Crab models you are describing.

If a player wants to do something that doesn't fit into the "stock" rules, let that player ask for permission in-lobby like we have done in the past. More players are good, but please get agreement from the players in the match if you are doing something a little different.

Agreed. I want it heavily known what is happening if someone "has" to have a stand in mech. I will add, I insist that it's the proper chassis. If you want to run a Panther, it HAS to be made on a Panther Chassis. I know the Jenner could "stand in as" a Panther, but we need at least visual confirmation that the mech in question is said Panther, and not think it's a Jenner.

I feel we should take this as a case by case situation. If someone wishes to test run a King Crab 0000 off the 000(L) for a match before they buy it... I'll probably let it go. If they want to run that stand in all the time, it's probably not going to be recommended at all.

Am I still making sense here?

#1382 Rhaythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:55 AM

View PostTesunie, on 20 February 2015 - 08:33 AM, said:

Am I still making sense here?

You are. No worries. I agree 100% with the "must be same chassis point". I also understand completely where you're coming from about not wanting it to be permanent, even if I don't agree 100% with it. After a while, if you see a KGC-000 in-match, it should be common knowledge that it's a 0000 build. And we'll recognize it easily, too. SSRMS? Uh. Go out of bounds crabby. Now.

I'm certainly not advocating making this a *common* thing. Just something that can be done for the two Loyalty pack mechs only, since it's a potential large player base - and really, some of us have *nothing* better to do with the other chassis.

Just to be clear, I'm *NOT* advocating making Jagermech A's out of DD's or the like, since seeing the wrong code in-game can be misleading when dealing with stocks, and is dishonest. I'm strictly talking about making an exception for the Atlas S and the King Crab 000.

#1383 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,586 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:55 AM

View PostRhaythe, on 20 February 2015 - 08:53 AM, said:

I'm certainly not advocating making this a *common* thing. Just something that can be done for the two Loyalty pack mechs only, since it's a potential large player base - and really, some of us have *nothing* better to do with the other chassis.

Agreed. Though, my second King Crab is being set up for a more CW friendly beast. The second Atlas... useless to me at the moment... :ph34r:

#1384 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 09:03 AM

Sounds like we're pretty clear here. Now to figure out how to get that first post modified...

#1385 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,586 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 09:08 AM

Oh, and Rhaythe, I can't find the technical readouts for the 4X in my archives. I thought I was given all the TROs from a friend... but all I can find is the Raven 3L in the 3050 TRO.

#1386 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 09:15 AM

Huh. Okay. I appreciate the effort.

#1387 Mollyguap

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 05:52 PM

To you regulars out there. Would you accept an HBK-GI modified to the specs of an HBK-4G? Short on Cbills to modify my other HBKs back and forth.

Yay or Nay?

I want to get on tonight if people are still doing this. Do I just jump on the teamspeak?

#1388 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,586 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 06:03 PM

View PostMollyguap, on 23 February 2015 - 05:52 PM, said:

To you regulars out there. Would you accept an HBK-GI modified to the specs of an HBK-4G? Short on Cbills to modify my other HBKs back and forth.

Yay or Nay?

I want to get on tonight if people are still doing this. Do I just jump on the teamspeak?

If it's all you have for Stock and as long as everyone is aware of it, I'm for it. Of course, I'm just one player in the event.

I'd rather get people in, than complain about them not having the exact variant for the mech. Just make sure it fits exactly to the 4G's specs on crit locations, engine size, armor amounts, etc. (It's okay to have Endo or FF remain on the mech, but do realize you will be under tonnage then is all.)

#1389 Mollyguap

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 06:36 PM

View PostTesunie, on 23 February 2015 - 06:03 PM, said:

If it's all you have for Stock and as long as everyone is aware of it, I'm for it. Of course, I'm just one player in the event.

I'd rather get people in, than complain about them not having the exact variant for the mech. Just make sure it fits exactly to the 4G's specs on crit locations, engine size, armor amounts, etc. (It's okay to have Endo or FF remain on the mech, but do realize you will be under tonnage then is all.)

Thanks for the input! Will do.

#1390 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,586 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 06:44 PM

View PostMollyguap, on 23 February 2015 - 06:36 PM, said:

Thanks for the input! Will do.

Show up in the TS (it's going on now) and ask them there. I think they will be fine with it. Just be very clear.

#1391 Mollyguap

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 08:16 PM

A really refreshing way to play after hundreds of hours of solo queue. I just touched the tip of the iceberg but the game play feels closer to what I'd want to feel out of a game set in the battletech universe. I want scarcity! I want struggle! I want to pilot a clowncar with an AC/20 duct taped to it.

Just had a lot of fun with you guys running stock, so thank you!

Great attitudes and sportsmanship. Real classy. Not a bad way to unwind after a long Monday.

10/10 See you next week.

#1392 TygerLily

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 09:36 PM

View PostRhaythe, on 20 February 2015 - 09:03 AM, said:

Sounds like we're pretty clear here. Now to figure out how to get that first post modified...

What do you need added?

#1393 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,586 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 09:41 PM

View PostTygerLily, on 23 February 2015 - 09:36 PM, said:

What do you need added?

Stuff...

Mostly the acceptance of some stand in mechs, mostly the free (L) mechs being converted into other variants...? I think?

#1394 TygerLily

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 11:21 PM

View PostTesunie, on 23 February 2015 - 09:41 PM, said:

Stuff...

Mostly the acceptance of some stand in mechs, mostly the free (L) mechs being converted into other variants...? I think?

Right on. If you give me the copy, I shall publish it. xD

#1395 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,586 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 12:06 AM

View PostTygerLily, on 23 February 2015 - 11:21 PM, said:

Right on. If you give me the copy, I shall publish it. xD

Rhaythe had it all posted in a post this or last page.

Mostly it's just a posting that we are accepting the Atlas 7S in viable variant builds instead, or the King Crab 000(L) can be altered to X as a King Crab 0000 instead, with Smurfy build links to the variants we are permitting. (This is because we wish more people with less hassle. A lot of people got a second copy of the (L) mechs, and don't have a use for them. Setting them up for SMM is one use we are considering.)

I think this would be Rhaythe's show on the specifics. (I got to go to bed now...)

#1396 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 04:09 AM

I can have a look at writing something up if you want.

Make it all clear and 'professional' looking.

#1397 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 05:59 AM

View PostRhaythe, on 20 February 2015 - 05:28 AM, said:

Due to the number of people in Mechwarrior Online that have duplicate copies of "Loyalty" Atlas S and King Crab 000 variants, Stock Mech Monday will allow for these extra variants to be rebuilt into something that meets the criteria of "Tech One". Specifically, these variants may each be permitted into SMM provided they are retrofitted into one of the following builds:
Atlas S Tech 1 Retrofits:
AS7-RS
AS7-D
King Crab 000 Tech 1 Retrofits:
KGC-0000

That work?

#1398 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 06:06 AM

Also, my apologies for missing out last night, and especially to Barantor or Lily if they showed up. After spending 4 days rebuilding servers, I got home last night and crashed.

#1399 Mmerryweather

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 91 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 07:42 AM

Another great round of matches last night, guys!

This may only be my second time participating, but I am in favor of being able to "retro-fit" the Loyalty Atlas, Crab, and/or Centurion to a stock equivalent. I'm sure I'm not the only one that has a Loyalty Mech that's currently stripped of everything and never used. Hopefully we can get the first post updated to reflect the current rule set and event schedule.

I'm looking forward to next week already!

Good luck and good hunting, pilots.

Edited by Mmerryweather, 24 February 2015 - 07:43 AM.

#1400 TygerLily

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 09:55 AM

OP modified.

Was thinking today that we could probably get 12 of one Faction together (Attackers), 12 of any faction (Defenders). Make stock drop decks and then we all Attack/Defend sync drop on a 0/0 planet in Community Warfare...and play some Invasion stock mode! xD

If we sync drop on a 0/0, the MM will put our groups together immediately! We'll probably have to keep moving from empty planet to empty planet so as not to attract attention from others...but I bet it'd work. xD

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users