Rise Of The Srms

Loadout

122 replies to this topic

#101 zagibu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:41 PM

So did anyone notice a change since today's patch? They feel a little better, but not much. Before patch I had a 50% hit ratio and 2.03 damage per hit, will be interesting to see if those stats change at all.

#102 Tahribator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:47 PM

I have the same impressions. They feel a tad better, but nowhere near the "90-80% reliability" as we were told. At least I could kill a few lights with them tonight.

#103 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:48 PM

I didn't notice any SRM comments in the patch notes?

#104 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:52 PM

View PostDavers, on 29 April 2014 - 02:48 PM, said:

I didn't notice any SRM comments in the patch notes?

It's the bit about explosions per frame. Which if the hits register to begin with should increase overall damage done. There is supposed to be another fix in testing that makes SRM hit detection itself better.

#105 Mavairo

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:40 PM

SRMs are better than they were just need a lil more work I think.
It was lovely seeing things actually keel over when I shot SRMs into exposed internals though. instead of the target just looking at me like I passed bad gas.

#106 Osric Lancaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:01 PM

medium laser :
4 heat
1 ton
90% accuracy (hit-scan)
effective 4.5 damage (average .9 sec time on target)
convergence enabled
(I still have no goddamn clue how lasers apply critical damage in this game. Does anyone?)
270m optimal range, 270m falloff.

< I average about 3 damage per shot with medium lasers and 3.3 damage per 'hit' >

SRM6 :
4 heat
3 tons + ammo (LOTS of ammo. Another 2 or 3 tons if you want it to last out the fight. Frankly ridiculous.)
60% accuracy (sloooow dumbfire)
effective 7.2 damage (average 3 to 4 missiles)
not convergence enabled
2 point critical damage x (3-4), (should do at least 5 critical damage per missile)
270m hard effective range. This is dumb. Only LRMs and flamers suffer this.
*Splash damage is glitchy, irrelevant and shouldn't exist.
*lol @ Artemis SRMs. Pay a ton to make your unfocused weapon slightly less unfocused.

< I'm currently averaging around 1 damage per shot with SRMs, and 2 damage per hit >
. . . I assume this is tracking Individual SRMs.

tldr - SRMs are still a garbage waste of tonnage and anyone that thinks having them do 2 damage per SRM will make them 'overpowered' with hit detection fixed is smoking powerful grass. Gods I wish they'd fix the heat system.

#107 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:41 PM

View PostOsric Lancaster, on 29 April 2014 - 08:01 PM, said:

tldr - SRMs are still a garbage waste of tonnage and anyone that thinks having them do 2 damage per SRM will make them 'overpowered' with hit detection fixed is smoking powerful grass. Gods I wish they'd fix the heat system.

Mr. P is the one is the one who thinks they would be OP... But yet SSRM are allowed to do 2.5 Damage.. Go figure ? :P

#108 kotya

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Odesa

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:58 PM

+1 for SRM up. They tuned something...
Now SRM "alphas" go much better.
IMHO - improoved damage registrating for SRM.

#109 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:11 AM

SRMs felt no different.

But that might be because my damage for EVERY weapon doesn't register properly... with a 40 ping.

Dueled last night... AC20s doing no damage constantly... SRMs... bahahahaha. And then, the biggest shocker of all was when Medium PULSE lasers weren't doing damage.

Yeah, I'd shoot someone in the center torso when they were moving laterally to me and... somehow it would go to the side torso? They weren't moving fast, either. 68.5 kph I estimate. Shocking, right?

Well here's the real shocker... they were moving straight at me, cherry cored CT... 6 medium wubstep lasers pulses into their CT... NO DAMAGE.

This was on a private duel server.

There really is absolutely NO excuse for any of this. This game will never be a competitive e-sport until fundamental stuff like hit detection is fixed.

We never, ever, ever had this issue in Team Fortress 2 competitive leagues with the exception of some odd sniper stuff. This is absurd. It disgusts me to no end.

#110 Thorqemada

• 6,376 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:24 AM

I have not much experience with SRM bcs i like them and Streaks the least (ok Flamers and MGs still be useless) and it was only toying around that i made me the second time a Mech with 2xASRM6 since i play this game.

The few matches i had pre Patch feel the same like post Patch and i often wonder especially on Lights Mechs how the Hell a clear miss does damage at all.
The spread on immobile Light Mechs is still huge even at close range and i needed 4 Volleys to finish the orange leg of a Light at ~90m range + UAC5 hits (yeah - it was an ECM-Spider but its ECM was cancelled by my BAP).
They have some Punch at big Mechs though if you can get close enough.

Imho they be pretty near where they should be.

^_^

Edited by Thorqemada, 30 April 2014 - 07:38 AM.

#111 3rdworld

• 3,562 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:24 AM

Landed 3 12srm volleys on a jenner last night. I got a hit reg, but I couldn't tell that it hurt him at all. Specifically one that hit him right in the middle of the back that failed to breach his rear armor.

Today in the testing grounds, 1 shot would seem to do tons of damage, the next wouldn't shot wouldn't kill the orange internals of centurion.

I'll test it more tonight, but I am guess there is something way off in their damage.

Edited by 3rdworld, 30 April 2014 - 07:25 AM.

#112 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:27 AM

Tried it outsome more... With buff LRM and other long range meta... They feel weak.

View Post3rdworld, on 30 April 2014 - 07:24 AM, said:

Landed 3 12srm volleys on a jenner last night. I got a hit reg, but I couldn't tell that it hurt him at all. Specifically one that hit him right in the middle of the back that failed to breach his rear armor.

Today in the testing grounds, 1 shot would seem to do tons of damage, the next wouldn't shot wouldn't kill the orange internals of centurion.

I'll test it more tonight, but I am guess there is something way off in their damage.

Basically the spread of wide SRMS is bad...

#113 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:33 AM

I don't care how much they fix hit detection, SRM's at 2.0 damage and 270m max range are always going to be weak.

#114 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:35 AM

View PostNicholas Carlyle, on 30 April 2014 - 07:33 AM, said:

I don't care how much they fix hit detection, SRM's at 2.0 damage and 270m max range are always going to be weak.

Especially with the crap spread mechanic they changed them to. Bring back closed-beta spread: in->out->in

#115 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:37 AM

View PostMister Blastman, on 30 April 2014 - 07:35 AM, said:

Especially with the crap spread mechanic they changed them to. Bring back closed-beta spread: in->out->in

Yeah, the spread definitely doesn't help either.

I'm sure people are doing fine with SRM's, but I saw a guy in a Locust with 4 MG's and a Flamer do well, it doesn't mean it's good.

#116 Damocles69

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 888 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:42 AM

This has been overlooked

LRMs now hit waaaaaaaay harder due the explosion bug fix.

Loseing far less LRMs to the damage neather now.

#117 ICEFANG13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:47 AM

View PostMister Blastman, on 30 April 2014 - 07:35 AM, said:

Yeah I was using them in testing grounds the other day, and I actually looked at them...

In a Jenner-D, ya know with the missiles all coming out of 4 tubes that are in the same spot super tight, there would be missiles all over the place. I remember when they, uh, made sense. I guess that's the word I'll use. Of course I remember when the game was fun, but that was when SRMs overpowered!

PS, they were broken at times, but the poor medium and light mechs that used 6-18 missiles per shot were not hurting anyon-ok they were hurting people, WHICH is good! Mediums need the strong SRMs. They were broken, but even with the insane damage they could output, I do think the game was better for it.

Edited by ICEFANG13, 30 April 2014 - 09:49 AM.

#118 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:52 AM

Are you using Artemis? If not, the differences are dramatic.

However, hitreg isn't all there... it's sooo... PGI.

#119 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:53 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 30 April 2014 - 09:52 AM, said:

Are you using Artemis? If not, the differences are dramatic.

However, hitreg isn't all there... it's sooo... PGI.

I can't even get medium pulse lasers to register. :D

Yet some people register 100%. Makes no sense.

#120 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:20 AM

View PostMister Blastman, on 30 April 2014 - 09:53 AM, said:

I can't even get medium pulse lasers to register. :D

Yet some people register 100%. Makes no sense.

Maybe, someone out there hates your wubwub. :excl:

28 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 28 guests, 0 anonymous users