23 replies to this topic

#1 a gaijin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationUS Naval Base, Yokosuka, Japan

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:47 PM

It seems quite a few folks seem to be really hating on the Gold Khans and are saying that they are planning to TK/KoS their own team members in Gold Khans ( 50 Timber Wolf Gold Khan Collections Remaining forum ).

So is the in-place "reporting violators of the Code of Conduct" the only mechanic for those who get betrayed or is there going to be some additional form of mitigation?

I'm not worried about this myself but thought it would be a good question to raise.

And for those who plan to KoS or even scrape some armor off of their own team members in Gold Khans, I have to ask, "why all the hate??" :D

#2 Firelizard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 607 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:00 PM

View PostHeroForHire, on 27 April 2014 - 06:47 PM, said:

And for those who plan to KoS or even scrape some armor off of their own team members in Gold Khans, I have to ask, "why all the hate??" :D

Part of it is jealous have-nots. Part of it is people thinking that anyone that would spend that much for a gold paint job is mentally deficient. Neither reason is good enough to risk a CoC violation.

And really, why TK them? Just sit happy with the knowledge that they will be the most obvious to see thing for the enemy, and as such likely the first to get shot at.

#3 Malcolm Vordermark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:04 PM

It'll happen some, but the players thumping their chest saying they will TK all gold mechs are a very small part of the player base. Just report it when you see it. They'll get weeded out in a week or so.

Edited by Rouken, 27 April 2014 - 07:04 PM.

#4 Nauht

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:23 PM

If I see a guy intentionally TK someone I let the victim know who did it. Up to the other guy to decide what to do to the TKer.

If the victim decides to return the favour then fair enough. If it turns into a firefight, which it does more often than not, then I'll help out the victim in blowing up the pos TKer.

This applies regardless of what colour mech they're driving.

#5 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:25 PM

It seems quite a few folks seem to be really hating on the Gold Khans and are saying that they are planning to TK/KoS their own team members in Gold Khans ( 50 Timber Wolf Gold Khan Collections Remaining forum ).

So is the in-place "reporting violators of the Code of Conduct" the only mechanic for those who get betrayed or is there going to be some additional form of mitigation?

I'm not worried about this myself but thought it would be a good question to raise.

I'd worry more about lag (Japan?! Why are you playing laggy MechWarrior when you could be playing near-lagless Gundam Online?) if I were you. I'm betting most of these guys are all talk.

#6 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:27 PM

When the goldie drops I'll start announcing and taunting the opfor that I'm in one... Even if I didn't buy a single one.

#7 Firelizard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 607 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:29 PM

View PostMycrus, on 27 April 2014 - 07:27 PM, said:

When the goldie drops I'll start announcing and taunting the opfor that I'm in one... Even if I didn't buy a single one.

That's called 'spoofing' and I salute you, sir.

#8 Asmudius Heng

• Survivor
  • 2,429 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:35 PM

Anyone who TKs a gold mech is an idiot.

Misplaced anger basically hitting the people who are supporting PGI because they cannot attack PGI in any meaningful way.

I think the gold mech idea is rediculous to be honest but it does not hurt me in any way so I do not get the frothing at the mouth hatred myself.

#9 Firelizard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 607 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:41 PM

View PostSephlock, on 27 April 2014 - 07:25 PM, said:

I'd worry more about lag (Japan?! Why are you playing laggy MechWarrior when you could be playing near-lagless Gundam Online?) if I were you. I'm betting most of these guys are all talk.

Likely for the same reason I dont play Titanfall or Hawken. Different pacing from MWO.

#10 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:23 PM

View PostFirelizard, on 27 April 2014 - 07:41 PM, said:

Likely for the same reason I dont play Titanfall or Hawken. Different pacing from MWO.
No Gundam OR Titanfall?

Mind = Blown!

:D

#11 Hillslam

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationWestern Hemisphere

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:28 PM

Meh,

I'm already driving my $499 Baron of Boullion Gold Edition Founder's Atlas and nobody is shooting me.

Posted Image

In fact they all drop to their knees in awe.

...for only the most dedicated....

Edited by Hillslam, 27 April 2014 - 08:33 PM.

#12 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:46 PM

Ever notice when people get mad about something they create bogus accounts to TK instead of saying 'I will kill the other team's X'?

#13 Riptor

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:54 PM

Oh my.. i say the level of smugness is high in this one. All this "i will report..." nonsense and circle jerking in here. We all know that you guys are to lazy to report anyone and rather let the existing ingame mechanics sort it out.

Not that i have ever heard of anyone getting banned over TKing in mwo. That stuff only happens in games that allow private servers.

Also it would suggest that the game has actually GMs or something...

But OP heres why people want to Kos goldmechs:

People want to TK gold mechs because those who bought these overpriced virtual toys, because its those people that give PGI/IGP the impressions that they where right to half ass it for 2 years now (or rather aproaching 2 years). You are rewarding them for delivering a more then subpar experience and constantly breaking their own promises and deadlines. Bravo.. talk about trying to get them to concentrate on actual content instead of monetizing the shit out of their little deathmatch simulator.

That driving this IP into the ground so hard it makes the baringer crater look like a sinkhole was the right decision to do and that focusing on monetization over actuall content is the way to go and that aslong as they have their couple hundred "whales" they can ignore the majority of the people getting bored to tears by the game.

You know.. the same stuff that happened to age of wonders online... but theres a point where the whales will move on to the next big thing they can waste more money into then i make in a month for shits n giggles and then theres no one left that wants to pay for your group hating deathmatch simulator.

Will I do it? Maybe.. depends if goldylocks behaves like an idiot. Also from the screenshots of the madcat the thing has more of a yellow paint scheme then actually being made out of gold and doesnt look any more golden then the atlas shown in this very thread.

So i guess your 500 bucks where spend on catgold im afraid.... what a rip off in the end.. but hey.. what do you expect from PGI? Actuall metallic color? Heavens sake that would take more effort then they are willing to do for a 500 dollar " limited collectors item" (limited as in because pgi says so and theres nothing in reality that keeps them from pushing the limit then their own word that they wont do it)

Edited by Riptor, 27 April 2014 - 08:55 PM.

#14 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 27 April 2014 - 09:07 PM

View PostRiptor, on 27 April 2014 - 08:54 PM, said:

So i guess your 500 bucks where spend on catgold im afraid.... what a rip off in the end.. but hey.. what do you expect from PGI? Actuall metallic color? Heavens sake that would take more effort then they are willing to do for a 500 dollar " limited collectors item" (limited as in because pgi says so and theres nothing in reality that keeps them from pushing the limit then their own word that they wont do it)

I don't understand all this angst for a puny $500 when there are bigger limited edition whale bait out there. :P

That's 2 trinaries of golden goodness and an entire galaxy of Clan Omnimechs!!! :D :rolleyes: :lol:

#15 Nauht

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 09:12 PM

View PostMystere, on 27 April 2014 - 09:07 PM, said:

I don't understand all this angst for a puny $500 when there are bigger limited edition whale bait out there. :P

That's 2 trinaries of golden goodness and an entire galaxy of Clan Omnimechs!!! :D :rolleyes: :lol:

It's cos as Riptor said - that some feel PGI don't deserve the encouragment.

I agree with him but won't TK because of it. I just won't give any of my money to PGI and that's enough for me.

PGI would have so much more if they handled past mistakes and the game design differently. There's plenty of us willing to spend. I've spent over 3x the cost of a gold mech on SC ships and 200GBP on the E:D alpha.. and my spending hadn't stopped for WT. In fact with tanks coming I expect it to go up but PGI won't get another cent from me until faith is restored.

#16 LoneMaverick

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 124 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:02 PM

View PostHillslam, on 27 April 2014 - 08:28 PM, said:

Meh,

I'm already driving my $499 Baron of Boullion Gold Edition Founder's Atlas and nobody is shooting me.

Posted Image

In fact they all drop to their knees in awe.

...for only the most dedicated....

I lol'd at that name, haven't seen your shiny ass in game but I'll keep my eye open, shouldn't be hard to miss lmao.

On topic, guys buying 500 shiny mechs = money to keep the damn servers running, and for as many issues as this game still has it's still veering in the right direction.

As much as I tend to be a realist, I hope we get to the point where we're all happy with this game, and supporting it is about the only way to keep it rolling. That said, you wont be seeing me in a golden Ryoken, hell I'm still holding off buying a clan package until we get some hard facts on how Clan tech is going to work, but I generally sub when I'm playing frequently and buy other random goodies.

#17 Asmudius Heng

• Survivor
  • 2,429 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:09 PM

Riptor,

While i understand this and I appreciate that it sends a wrong signal to PGI TKing a person does nothing to stop it and just makes matters worse.

I wonder how many who purchased the golds even realise this is such a furor, most would not have any clue that they might be giving PGI bad signals on what the community wants.

TKing those people achieves nothing apart from allowing you to vent your anger at PGI by proxy.

If they act like a total twatwad i still do not condone TKing - them being in a gold mech makes no difference.

Telling them in chat they are giving PGI the wrong signals is about the only useful thing you can do

#18 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:17 PM

It seems quite a few folks seem to be really hating on the Gold Khans and are saying that they are planning to TK/KoS their own team members in Gold Khans ( 50 Timber Wolf Gold Khan Collections Remaining forum ). So is the in-place "reporting violators of the Code of Conduct" the only mechanic for those who get betrayed or is there going to be some additional form of mitigation? I'm not worried about this myself but thought it would be a good question to raise. And for those who plan to KoS or even scrape some armor off of their own team members in Gold Khans, I have to ask, "why all the hate??" :rolleyes:

I will not shoot at the golden teammates. That's just bad manners and too obvious. I might give wrong coordinates to my artillery though, if the pilot is too full of himself. :D

#19 DeadlyNerd

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:19 PM

View PostNauht, on 27 April 2014 - 07:23 PM, said:

If I see a guy intentionally TK someone I let the victim know who did it. Up to the other guy to decide what to do to the TKer.

If the victim decides to return the favour then fair enough. If it turns into a firefight, which it does more often than not, then I'll help out the victim in blowing up the pos TKer.

This applies regardless of what colour mech they're driving.

And then you both get reported, with a screenshot of you doing the kill and the other guy taunting in chat. Best 2 birds with 1 stone if I've ever seen one.

As for OP, you'll just get legged mid fight and left to die. Nobody will be held to blame and you'll still have a very unpleasant match.
Whoever TKs is pretty dumb, because there are a lot of other ways to make a player's life harder, that go around the CoC.

Enjoy your tramp stamp.

Edited by DeadlyNerd, 27 April 2014 - 10:22 PM.

#20 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:22 PM

There is no reason to TK players in gold (yellow?) mechs.
Just having bought them is punishment enough :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users