Noclip/godmode Glitch

12 replies to this topic

#1 C12AZyED

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:04 PM

I spawned in a game today outside of my mech. I was able to fly around and spectate the whole game in noclip mode. it was pretty cool. this should be a feature

Luckily I videod it before the game ended:

#2 shellashock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 439 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:19 PM

Looks like the third person view drone flew off its leash in that game. That looks a lot like the spectating camera used during the launch party in September where it could fly around anywhere with no restrictions. Report back if you can find out how you got that to happen. I bet lots of people would love to be able to do this for mech recording.

Edit: I really like that part where you follow the LRMS. Reminds me of the Boar's Head trailer.

Edited by shellashock, 29 April 2014 - 06:20 PM.

#3 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:30 PM

They used that in the launch party's tournament. Some sort of spectator camera for observing.

#4 Ironwithin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:29 PM

That is effing AWESOME, can we have that as a feature please ? You know...those things that AREN'T bugs?

#5 TyphonCh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationDue North

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:38 PM

Best glitch ever!!

#6 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:10 PM

Did anyone else at 0:12 think "Holy hell, this is what we're actually doing in a battle." I am not joking when I say I like the game even more now that I got to see this video.

#7 Flying Fox 333

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:26 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 29 April 2014 - 08:10 PM, said:

Did anyone else at 0:12 think "Holy hell, this is what we're actually doing in a battle." I am not joking when I say I like the game even more now that I got to see this video.

Was thinking the same thing. It definitely gives a new "perspective" to the game. In a recent podcast, NGNG mentioned they are currently testing an improved version of this at the moment.

#8 Takashi Uchida

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 496 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:16 PM

Wow, I'd take watching stuff like this for an hour over playing for an hour right now :ph34r: :P

#9 OznerpaG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 977 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:15 AM

that was freaking cool! would LOVE to be a 3rd party observer in games instead of actually playing sometimes - watching an epic battle is as fun as being in one!

replaying battles like this a la Combat Mission would be amazing - especially watching 'league games'

#10 shellashock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 439 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:01 PM

@ 0:27 is pretty cool as well with the twin ppc shots tracing across the map.

#11 HighTest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • LocationKitchener, ON

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:12 PM

I must say, this really does make me appreciate just how much work goes into some of the maps. Forest Colony looks really impressive from a 3rd-person view. (Even if my W/L record on that map IS by far my worst.) :D

#12 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:38 PM

View PostFlying Fox 333, on 29 April 2014 - 08:26 PM, said:

Was thinking the same thing. It definitely gives a new "perspective" to the game. In a recent podcast, NGNG mentioned they are currently testing an improved version of this at the moment.

If they ever get into the e-sports section of the competition, this would be a great way to spectate the game for the announcers.

#13 slide

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:45 PM

Man that was cool, I could spend hours playing around with that.

As a spectator though I think it should be on a delay (30 seconds maybe). Can you imagine the tactical advantages to a team on comms with some of those overhead views.

Speaking of over head shots, it reminded me a bit of watching mechommander 2 battles.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users