Cryengine®3 Powers Mechwarrior® Online™

Official

182 replies to this topic

#121 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • Locationplaying Planetary / Community Warfare / Faction Warfare / Faction Play

Posted 24 November 2011 - 03:30 AM

Best engine out there IMO. You sure you guys haven't been working over at MWLL? ;)

#122 Der BruzZzler von Wiesndoof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationAm Grill

Posted 26 November 2011 - 11:03 AM

MW:LL is a good mod, but i completely agree with maxx2504.
The mech-animation in this mod is "Mechwarrior 2 style" and MW2 is nearly 17 years old! A lil bit embarrassing. MW3 & MW4 show, how a mech should move. Hopfully in MW:O, the devs make it MUCH better, but i'm optimistic. ;)
And please...please no modular wepaons like MW:LL. Most of the weapons should be IN the mech, not ON the mech! Thx.
It's just my opinion.

#123 Rommel

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:52 AM

Hope my rig can run it :)

#124 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:41 AM

CryEngine 2 is engine which took the good parts from the 2nd one, added some non-hard new effects and was meant to give that level of detail on 3 core 3.2GB processor, 512 MB RAM with veeeeeeeeery old graphic card in it. Anyone with 5 year computer can run it. :)

Edited by Adridos, 28 November 2011 - 06:42 AM.

#125 Mk10

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:58 AM

I don't know what to think. I've been salivating, drooling, and dreaming for years for a true, bona fide in-cockpit-screen-in-front-of-you battlemech again to make my life worth living as I destroy everything in my path. Man, I hope this works out.

Seems like a lot of people say it's going to need a Cray SuperComputer, and a lot of people say it's going to be okay, some even on laptops. Only the actual playing of it on one's computer will decide in the end, and I hesitate to think anymore past that. A fixed income of $900 for every bill you have doesn't leave any room for computers, or parts.

If it does get dicey, I guess those with systems that aren't liquid-smooth might appreciate the ability like on a lot of PC games just to crank things down a bit, and see if the resulting gameplay still generated the rush you feel when watching an opponent go thermal.

Bless you for thinking of it in the first place. It's about time the incredible creativity of FASA got in front of the public. I'm still waiting for the movie. The director would have to be someone totally awesome who "got it." Like the old cut-scenes of MW2 et.al. From close-up "how-dee-do's," to lonely looks into space; there's room to draw in people who aren't necessarily versed in the Battletech Universe.

Battletech and Mechwarrior always had the coolest canon. I mean, how Homeresque can you get? Actually, it's like "Homer meets Hemingway, and they both get drunk with Arthur C. Clarke."

Man, fed up with man, flees mankind to find himself.

Hundreds of years pass. Man in space fights self in weird self-imposed warfare meant to determine who is "better."

Man on Earth fight self in normal, "seen-it-a-million-times" warfare, continuing the omnipresent struggle caused by greed.

Man in Space meets Man on Earth.

Man in Space declares Man on Earth, sick, twisted, evil, and corrupt.

Man on Earth KNOWS they are corrupt (duh), declares Man From Space sick, twisted, and evil.

The whole freaking thing is that it is exactly, to the micrometer of alternate fantasy-reality, what man really do, on both counts.

THAT'S why this whole deal is so freaking cool in the first place.

#126 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 22 December 2011 - 08:37 AM

CryEngine 3 seems to be more well tuned than CryEngine 2, so in general with the same computer I get better framerates with no loss in graphics with the new engine.

#127 CeeKay Boques

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,371 posts
  • LocationYes

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:11 AM

http://www.youtube.c...d&v=ob7BVTp6IxA

Seen this one? Military use? Nice!!!

#128 Kaemon

• 1,924 posts
  • LocationMN

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:12 AM

View PostMk10, on 22 December 2011 - 02:58 AM, said:

Seems like a lot of people say it's going to need a Cray SuperComputer, and a lot of people say it's going to be okay, some even on laptops. Only the actual playing of it on one's computer will decide in the end, and I hesitate to think anymore past that. A fixed income of $900 for every bill you have doesn't leave any room for computers, or parts.

http://mycryengine.c...dex.php?conid=1

So assuming your computer isn't 5 years old or older (because the top level consumer computers ARE super computers if you compare them to that), you should be fine, unless you're running a low level (or integrated) gfx card, then you'll need a new card (look at used high end cards from about 2-3 years ago, cheap and will have more than enough legs to play at a decent setting).

You're not going to be running it at ultra gore settings mind you, but the team is smart enough they don't want people not playing because everytime a lens flare happens it puts your computer into meltdown.

Lappies are a bit tougher, but you knew they had built in obsolescence when you bought it.

*coughs* Apple *cough*

It's dusty in here.

View PostRommel, on 28 November 2011 - 05:52 AM, said:

Hope my rig can run it ;)

ooooovvvveeeerrrrrrrr kiiiilllllll...I hope you work in graphic design or science, cause that's a lot of dough you just sank on that there...hope it's not outdated in 5 years <_<

And yes, on occasion I still fire this up and roam the intertubes:
http://www.pcworld.c...o_pcvrx640.html

computers are fun.

Edited by Kaemon, 22 December 2011 - 10:15 AM.

#129 Drez

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:35 AM

MWO will be the best MMO in 2012.
CryENGINE® 3 is one of The many reasons why.

#130 MuffinTop

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,089 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNext door to nobody.

Posted 07 January 2012 - 10:17 AM

Is a Nvidia 8800 GTX sufficient, or should I start shopping too after getting a second job ?

#131 Fyrwulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 262 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:32 PM

You know, when I read that this game would use the third Crysis engine I wanted to cry, because I love my 8 year old Alienware but she's a bit long in the tooth. Then I read this thread and discovered they optimized the hell out of it. So, I've gone through Newegg for most of my planned upgrades and another site for the FX-60.

I haven't really gamed online since the MW4 expansion packs and I'm so looking forward to the experience of going Old Testament in a hundred tons of killing machine once again. Too bad that my two favorite 'Mechs (Fafnir and Sagittaire) won't be available until the FedCom civil war.

#132 David Decoster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • LocationBrugge, Belgium, Terra

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:39 PM

Gigabyte Sniper motherboard running two Geforce GTX 580's in SLI under 16 Gb RAM with a i7-2600k CPU... Think it'll do?

#133 MuffinTop

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,089 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNext door to nobody.

Posted 07 January 2012 - 08:37 PM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 23 November 2011 - 08:39 AM, said:

What kind of money are you looking to spend?

View PostFyrwulf, on 07 January 2012 - 04:32 PM, said:

You know, when I read that this game would use the third Crysis engine I wanted to cry, because I love my 8 year old Alienware but she's a bit long in the tooth. Then I read this thread and discovered they optimized the hell out of it. So, I've gone through Newegg for most of my planned upgrades and another site for the FX-60.

I haven't really gamed online since the MW4 expansion packs and I'm so looking forward to the experience of going Old Testament in a hundred tons of killing machine once again. Too bad that my two favorite 'Mechs (Fafnir and Sagittaire) won't be available until the FedCom civil war.

View PostDavid Decoster, on 07 January 2012 - 04:39 PM, said:

Gigabyte Sniper motherboard running two Geforce GTX 580's in SLI under 16 Gb RAM with a i7-2600k CPU... Think it'll do?

I really wish I had bought that new video card on Newegg I was eyeballing on their Black Friday sale but the wifey would've ......well some of you guys know what I want to say and you know where I'm at.

#134 xR1pp3Rx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tyrant
  • The Tyrant
  • 200 posts
  • Locationpacific north west

Posted 07 January 2012 - 10:26 PM

im running a evga 470 and can play cysis 2 in DX11 ultra high settings.. average around 25 frames under a heavy load... upto 60 occasionally on slower actions levels.

#135 Elpeo Ple

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:44 AM

Good job I just upgraded my graphics card...

#136 McGruff

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 79 posts
  • LocationTerra, 52-23 N 13-24 E

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:36 AM

You do not have to go into overkill with the hardware. If you keep a clean and lean Win7 Image a Readon 6870 and i5 (OC) with 8GB will do nicely and besides that if your ping is bad the hardware will not help much :) - Wish i had a 100Mbit line :) - of course there are always those beople looking for the "extra" frame.

Cant wait - We need a Beta!

#137 whiskey tango foxtrot

• Survivor
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationWith the Wolfs

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:48 AM

this is going to be SWEET...............

#138 DJ x

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:29 AM

This game is why I'm getting a 7950 + Eyefinity.

I want to be INSIDE the cockpit.

I don't even earn enough to afford this but I'm gonna get a *** **** loan.

#139 Aidan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 542 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:40 AM

View Postdjxinator, on 15 February 2012 - 05:29 AM, said:

This game is why I'm getting a 7950 + Eyefinity.

I want to be INSIDE the cockpit.

I don't even earn enough to afford this but I'm gonna get a *** **** loan.

I am not sure if the MWO Devs have publically stated this and I wonder if this new game they are creating will support AMD Eyefinity?

#140 Drachenwolf

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationKnoxville Tn

Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:34 PM

Cryengine3 will NOT be a problem. I have gone to great lengths to make sure my rig is prepared for anything this engine can throw at me. Wait!! did I mention having 2 HD7000 Series Radeon cards? mmmm niiiceee :P and that suffering 16GB of DDR3 just gets so in my way LOL. cya on the field guys..... ohh one last thing hehe my monitor is HUGE so I will see you little guys coming away farrrr off. Chow for now!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users