• Pip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 17 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGreenwood, NS

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:37 AM

Point 4 above really bothers me, PT is not cheap. so If I'm logging on once a week I'm loosing money while you rake it in for doing nothing. I try not to post here alot but wanted to say that I am basically quitting this game until clans drop. See how that goes as I am a fan of MW for years now. If i still see this company as a cash grab company I will be done with it. I'll spend my money where i feel it has more value. Thx

#22 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 02 May 2014 - 04:24 AM

View Postboostedude, on 02 May 2014 - 03:37 AM, said:

Point 4 above really bothers me, PT is not cheap. so If I'm logging on once a week I'm loosing money while you rake it in for doing nothing. I try not to post here alot but wanted to say that I am basically quitting this game until clans drop. See how that goes as I am a fan of MW for years now. If i still see this company as a cash grab company I will be done with it. I'll spend my money where i feel it has more value. Thx

which company is not a cash grab company?

#23 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:13 AM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 02 May 2014 - 04:24 AM, said:

which company is not a cash grab company?

Failed ones?

#24 Sprouticus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationChicago, Il, USA

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:22 AM

You do realize that premium time is just a place holder until they get another payment system for private matches, right. That has been the plan since the start. I get why it would be annoying if you only login once a week, but PGI needs an income stream to make $$. If this is how they do it, I am ok with that. If you are not, then walk away (as you are)

#25 Kaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts
  • LocationMN

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:27 AM

IGP - making it easy to go back to work...

Posted Image

#26 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 02 May 2014 - 06:55 AM

I have to agree about Premium Time, I don't think it should be used if you're not using it, if you see what I mean. Seperate discussion tho.

#27 boostedude

• Pip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 17 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGreenwood, NS

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:08 AM

I guess i just feel like this is a fan based game from way back. I dont blame them for making money or else i never would have been able to play it in the first place. I just feel like basic stuff like payed time and private matches should be better organized/available. Anyway, enjoy your game guys.

#28 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:10 AM

If you are only logging on once a week, why are you bothering with anything but 1 day of premium time.

#29 Aetius

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:22 PM

View PostCrimson Fenris, on 01 May 2014 - 10:12 AM, said:

This post sums it all :
1. WOW has tons more content. when MWO comes close to that ill shell out 15 a month no problem

2. kinda missing the point. people have put tons of money into the game (myself included) but PGI says unless ur paying right this second you don't count. </p>

3. premium time is not cheap and since u don't earn anything in private matches ur not getting ur moneys worth

4. theres no way to ration premium time, its all or nothing. I have quite a bit from my phoenix pack that I was saving. but my friends don't have the time to play every day, its maybe once a week, why should I burn 4 months of premium to play maybe 20 games with my friends?

5. this penalized new players who wont spend money right away, they will want to know if they like the game first. the training grounds and the tutorial are not enough to teach new players and they get slaughtered in public matches initially. private matches give older players a chance to train the newer ones so they don't get frustrated and quit right away like they tend to do now.

When I recieved email that private matches were launched I couldnt believe it. Something we have asked for 2 years finally done. Then I read how they plan to wring more money for nothing out of us. That I could believe. So sorry to all my clan who whished to finally be able to hold training classes, trail of positions, small league play. Nope still gonna get the shaft. My clan has dropped in the thousands of dollars into this game. Plenty of gaming companies have been making money off FPS games for years. Hell I am sure longer than some of the players of MWO.

Once you clear a certain price point in purchases this kinda crap should not exist anymore. Founders, Phoenix , and Clan package purchases should eliminate us from the PREMIUM MONTHLY PURCHASES. We paid ours and then some. I just hopped back in DoD, TF2 and CS. Having plenty of fun after I paid my dues in those games. Companies are still rolling strong and not shutting thier doors by not getting a monthly paycheck from their customers. They find creative ways to make money that do not restrict gameplay to PAID CUSTOMERS!

Don't try to justify that they have costs to run that damn company. No Brainer! But when in the world has anyone who forks hundreds of dollars into a game and get the equivalent of a bumper sticker in return and then the company still expects them to fork more money to play full features. It's BS! Get money from people who have not forked over HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS to pay for your servers. Put adds in the lobbies. They know what they are doing and are not sweet saints trying to earn an honest dollar. They are pushers trying to get another buck without giving a crap about their customers.

Edit: BTW, plenty of those members who dropped hundreds are now shelling out thousands to Star Citizen and other games and not buying in on clan packages or premium anymore. They are tired of not getting respect and being lied to. So yeah good job on running off COMMUNITY based players with this kinda crap. Everytime I think I might come back and round up the gang I get here and the cake is made of Dog Crap. Instead Idris cake is looking like a good flavor atm.

Edited by Aetius, 05 May 2014 - 12:29 PM.

#30 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:48 PM

View PostJman5, on 30 April 2014 - 04:25 PM, said:

I know you guys are unsure about server costs and stress, but you guys should at least change it so only one player needs premium for customized games. Requiring two players to have active premium time creates unneeded hassle. I don't mind paying for premium time, but I hate the fact that I can't 1v1 someone unless I cajole them into spending money.

This is particularly going to create major headaches for people trying to act as trainers or mentors for beginners and clanmates. If I bring in a buddy and want to show him some tips and tricks in a safe and controlled environment, I should be the only one required to put money down.

I do not see a big issue with it. I understand and appreciate your concern, but you can just find another buddy who has active premium time and another one who just wants to hop in. You will start a 2vs2 lobbie, you will be able to fight a duel or make some training with your friend.. And that would be a chance for two 1vs1 :)

#31 Mawai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:27 PM

I don't mind the idea of requiring a premium subscription to access premium options in private matches, It is a reasonable compromise considering the alternative they have stated is an MC cost for every premium private match.

There are three play options:
public
private
premium private with full customization of maps/team composition including 1:1/ other match parameters

It isn't cost effective to tie up game hardware for 2 players in a 1:1 match when the same hardware could be serving 24 players. So if folks want to have the ability to play in matches like that then they need to be willing to pay for them in some way.

#32 Aetius

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:50 PM

View PostMawai, on 05 May 2014 - 05:27 PM, said:

I don't mind the idea of requiring a premium subscription to access premium options in private matches, It is a reasonable compromise considering the alternative they have stated is an MC cost for every premium private match.

There are three play options:
public
private
premium private with full customization of maps/team composition including 1:1/ other match parameters

It isn't cost effective to tie up game hardware for 2 players in a 1:1 match when the same hardware could be serving 24 players. So if folks want to have the ability to play in matches like that then they need to be willing to pay for them in some way.

The point is not how much their servers cost to run. The point is how they go about making the money to pay for them. If they created those private match servers and opened them up to the community no restrictions they would bring back much of the community they ran off in the first place. Thousands of paying customers would be back to buy cockpit items and other means to customize thier game. Set up premium to allow more than basic paints, more money and xp, bonus items each month, yadda yadda. There are plenty of ways that other F2P games make plenty of money.

The point is that they continue to find a way to slap current and former members of the community in the face even after these individuals have put hundreds even and thousands of dollars in the game already. They are expected to fork over more despite what they have done already. It is like a dictator who invests nothing in the people and community that supports him. He squeezes and taxes and restricts until the people have nothing left to give or have lost the will to go on. Many have left the country. Instead invest in your community and they will thrive and prosper and thus creating a long term economy in which all can enjoy.

If you bring people in for league play and private matches, you bring in more potential people who will pay for items and hero mechs and all the other cool things most of the community pays for every day. Make paint schemes premium time. Make some consumables premium where you dont have to unlock them with GXP. But leave basic matches to where you only need one premium member to set it up. Or price points members that have Legendary Founder or Overlord, or Gold Clan purchaser to be able to set up the matches.

Most are not angry that they need money. They are a business. Most are angry at the greedy way they go about making it with no real returns. Most are angry with still not fufilled promisses a year after expected releases. most are angry at the way they treat this community and thus run off much of the Battletech and Mechwarrior community that has existed for the last 20 years.

#33 Uthael

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 117 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:45 AM

Main point of this post:
How about making matches with 4 people or less hostable by the one who launches the game?
Although I think that those who payed for something in MWO at some point in the past still deserve to be able to use the big game's server. I know I haven't.... Yet...

Another thing:
I've read (some) of this topic and have seen the comparison of having 2 people on the map is like a car (more like a minibus) wasting gas with only driver in it. So, any chance you could add a "super-skirmish" queue? You know... For purposes xD

#34 Leiska

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 239 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:49 PM

I'm at a LAN party right now. I was going to suggest we play MWO and perhaps some of these people would stick around and eventually buy something. Turns out we can't do that because we aren't 24, so no new customers to be had here. I have premium time left, but none of my friends, who haven't played the game before, have and they're not going to buy it just so we can play a match or two. This player count restriction is incredibly stupid. Just imagine the outcry if Riot put custom LoL games essentially behind a huge pay wall like this.

Edited by Leiska, 16 May 2014 - 02:50 PM.

#35 GalaxyBluestar

• 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:22 PM

View PostBilbo, on 02 May 2014 - 11:10 AM, said:

If you are only logging on once a week, why are you bothering with anything but 1 day of premium time.

because my phoenix and give aways came as week or more PT. i've never activated it cause i know it just burns away, casuals avoid PT because of this and if PGI just made it activate only if you're logged on there'd be more PT sales generated. i've seen people ask for this in patch feedbacks so it's staggering that there isn't an on off for premium or at least the active only when logged in option.

#36 Saber1

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 55 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationLuthien, Draconis Combine

Posted 24 May 2014 - 07:14 AM

Effective money grab is effective.

Stupid people are stupid.

1 user(s) are reading this topic