27 replies to this topic

#1 QuimMorius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 196 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 30 April 2014 - 03:09 AM

Trying to shed you guys (PGI) with some light within all this negativity

Come on dear Mechwarriors, I must say I feel sorry for you whiners all spamming these forums with all this negativity and "wtf's". I actually feel sorry for PGI that has to go through all this to find the feedback post's done in a proper way. Give them a break, doing patching every 14 days will always make a chance for something to go wrong when going live, and they tried their best to actually meet the announced release date. Don't judge the overall game including the actual announced issue they are working on, it's gonna be fixed as quickly as they possibly can. They have now hit some switches so we can play while we wait, searching ANY games for a day or two and without 3333 is not the end of the world. Just think about how you would behave if you had been face to face with a PGI employee, in close to all of the cases there would have been a nice, interesting and constructive conversation.

Even though it's not perfect, no game will ever get perfect for everyone, best you can do is to get as close as you can for the general mass.
Most of it is based on personal opinions and those are different for everyone across the board. Also the majority of the players who are happy about the game avoid the forums just because of all the negativity. Since I started with this game it seems like people complaining are posting wild all over the place, and people happy don't visit or post anything because of all the negativity and that they will just get drowned by the negative people if they post something positive.

Also seems like way to many player's forget this is Free To Play and that with F2P games things are done different in regards to economy, keeping the wheels running and increasing content in a long run. Remeber this is a game under full time development and will continue to expand as long as we support it. As a Mechwarrior and Battletech fan I'm gonna support and enjoy this to the last server is shut down. The stuff that cost $$$ are fair in this game, there is nothing that are even close to Pay2Win, and the stuff are priced on a comfortable level compared to several other F2P games.

I would like to say on behalf of my self and my unit, we are a big and happy club, we really enjoy the core immersion/feeling of the mech's, the approach done towards keeping as much canon as possible while balancing where necessary, the different feel of the classes, class vs class balancing, it's getting noticed and you are doing a very good job. I am able to take whatever mech and fight whatever mech as long as I adapt my play style to the mech and build. This is a huge accomplishment. Mech model design's are different from previous titles and sometimes unexpected, but with your style and approach it's modern, attractive and appealing.

I would also trow a huge thanks to those of you who contribute with a proper tone with good suggestions, well argument-ed and well written constructive feedback. A general rule is to don't complain on something when you don't have a better solution, and that solution should be better for the player base and not you only. I also have to mention those guys helping out the new players with well written post's and guidelines.

Finally I would like to thank you PGI for giving us the launch module, on date, really looking forward to make the full use of it, and I think the 3333 system will make the Public games way more fun, good luck in finding those buggers making problems for us!

Edited by QuimMorius, 30 April 2014 - 03:12 AM.

#2 That Dawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 03:13 AM

thanks for the cancel button

#3 Shredhead

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,939 posts
  • LocationLeipzig, Germany

Posted 30 April 2014 - 03:58 AM

This is what I expected from PGI:
Posted Image
Then we tried PPM, and I was like:
Posted Image
We were having 1 vs 1's and 2 vs 2's the hole night. Awesome!
Posted Image

#4 QuimMorius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 196 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:27 AM

My story from patch day is:

Sweeped up a nice group of friends, 14 guys, did Private Matches all night, but most of the evening we ended up doing duel's on different maps.

Example, River City:
All players standing as a line on the Bridge, one guy dropped down, and the one who wants to challenge that guy dropped down as well, then they powered down back to back waiting for the countdown. The players on the bridge where viewing the fight and cheering! When the duel was over the "bridge guys" blasted the remaining mech to pieces! ^_^ Next fighter drops down.......

The outcomes where kinda pre-determined by looking at the builds/mech/weight, but then we where wrong most of the times, and everyone was like wft? 1 vs 1 was extremely fun, fun to watch and outcome was always surprising. LOL

We had a blast yesterday! Also dropped some Public games before I hit the way to late and got 4 hours sleep before work today. Well worth it!

Edited by QuimMorius, 30 April 2014 - 04:28 AM.

#5 thisisxerxes

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 97 posts
  • LocationChair

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:39 AM

Not to be a **** or anything, but the fact you had to start this thread is a pretty good sign things are going wonky.

#6 Shredhead

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,939 posts
  • LocationLeipzig, Germany

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:47 AM

View Postthisisxerxes, on 30 April 2014 - 04:39 AM, said:

Not to be a **** or anything, but the fact you had to start this thread is a pretty good sign things are going wonky.

More a sign of people being morons.

#7 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:49 AM

yea, i was one of the first(as far as i know) who tried starting positive post and giving them some credit for the work they were doing. My UI 2.0 and the reason why nothing else is here thread has been deleted(dont know why) but it was a flame fest. It was there that i got labeled a white knight by various people.

I know the only problem i have now is with the Timberwolf legs but I Think the game has almost done a 360. They have been working hard since October, and some people still dont want to acknowledge that. there are those who still look to open beta and the 90 day launch promise. The game is moving foward, but at the end of the day, we all win. They have already proven that they can hit the dates they set. Dec,Jan,FEb,March and now april. Of course not everything that has been released has been polished but in order to get the stuff out on time they have to release them like that. Then again that's the beauty of this game, they can work on it while we play. Despite what people say, if there still here, if they are still playing the game. PGI is doing something right.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 30 April 2014 - 04:52 AM.

#8 QuimMorius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 196 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:49 AM

I started this thread to make it clear that we have several players who enjoy the game and understand what it takes to make it happen, and it's also to point out that when reading the feedback forums for an hour or two will not reveal the truth about the overall player base opinions about the game.

You can see the same behavior on most forums/discussions/commentary fields that those who have something negative are more likely to speak up than those satisfied/complying. ^_^

#9 thisisxerxes

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 97 posts
  • LocationChair

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:53 AM

View PostShredhead, on 30 April 2014 - 04:47 AM, said:

More a sign of people being morons.

No need for name calling, now.

#10 QuimMorius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 196 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:53 AM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 30 April 2014 - 04:49 AM, said:

I know the only problem i have now is with the Timberwolf legs but I Think the game has almost done a 360. They have been working hard since October, and some people still dont want to acknowledge that. there are those who still look to open beta and the 90 day launch promise. The game is moving foward, but at the end of the day, we all win. Despite what people say, if there still here, if they are still playing the game. PGI is doing something right.

Agree on what you said here, good point about the progress since October! Also adding, communications from PGI towards players have improved in huge steps last months.

#11 Kmieciu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:54 AM

Thanks for the ability do disable the cockpit glass, film grain and DOF. It makes the game playable on an older PC.

And it gives a competitive edge over those bads who don't read the forums;-)

#12 thisisxerxes

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 97 posts
  • LocationChair

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:05 AM

View PostQuimMorius, on 30 April 2014 - 04:49 AM, said:

You can see the same behavior on most forums/discussions/commentary fields that those who have something negative are more likely to speak up than those satisfied/complying. ^_^

Yeah, that's totally true. Agree 100%.
But you have to admit that when people speak up, as they tend to do after events like premium private matches,3/3/3/3, ghost heat, AC2 nerf, Gauss delay, 3PV etc.. the response is overwhelmingly negative. MWO is , to outsiders, seen as a bit of a case study in player alienation.

You and I have been duelling a bit back and forth tonight, so I'll join you here in professing my respect and admiration for what PGI are trying to do, and for the Battletech canon - but the fact is that because it's BattleTech, they've got an instant captive audience, who can't help but want to love the game. It's freaking Mechwarrior!

For me, the simple truth is that every time some major decision gets made about where the game is going, it's always followed with a "...they can't be serious!" reaction. And that's always balanced against my want to love the game. Again, because it's freaking Mechwarrior. I'm sure the same is true for many others out there.

Every now and then PGI do a good guy move, but from here, the overall balance is tipped well and truly in the wrong direction.

Edited by thisisxerxes, 30 April 2014 - 05:09 AM.

#13 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:13 AM

Premium Private matches are awsome!!
Ghost heat was needed
The ac/2 nerf was something that really didn't affect there performance. I know i still run triple A/c's on my Jager. not only that paul explains why the nerf was needed. Just becuase its a nerf doesn't always mean a bad thing
Guass delay was needed, it generates significantly less heat and needs some limits. Also it didn't stop anyone from running gauss
3PV, well.......

#14 QuimMorius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 196 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:29 AM

@ thisisxerxes:
Like how you changed your initial tone but still staying true to your opinions. ^_^

Sure, sometimes I'm like what? Then I let it settle a bit before I make an opinion about it, mostly because I don't have access to the numbers and statistics proving the change to be necessary, which are an important tool when doing changes affecting the entire player base. I'f I'm still not happy about it, I adapt and look for possibilities to use or avoid to my own or my teams advantage.

The AC2 nerf was the latest huge surprise on me, but thinking a bit, it really doesn't impact the general gameplay we are seeing. Good thing about it is that teams are able to get closer to each other when the interesting parts starts to unfold, the ever fun brawling.

One thing I like about this is how the game is living and evolving, where changes make you do things different in the game over time. Compared to my previous titles you get to a point where you find the sweet spot/solution to be an elite player, you do that for a while, then it get's boring. Game over. This game however forces me to figure thing out on a regular basis, and matches unfold differently after a few patches. As a result this is the game I have played consecutive for the longest period out of any games I've done.

Edited by QuimMorius, 30 April 2014 - 05:30 AM.

#15 QuimMorius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 196 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:36 AM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 30 April 2014 - 05:13 AM, said:

3PV, well.......

The initial implementation was not good as players had a spotting advantage, it was adjusted and now it's where it should be. Also good idea about using the blinking drone flying behind. I find it fun to use for checking the look's of the mech with the camo and colors etc. and also for doing cool screenshots or even recordings. Not being able to use in 12-man was a great solution towards the competitive crowd. Again, it was made for the new player's to better understand the mech movements, and getting more people into this game with the help of 3PV is a good thing.

For me it's the same for racing games, I do best in 1PV, but it's nice to check out the looks and do some cool drifting in 3PV.

#16 FlipOver

• Bad Company
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationIsland Continent of Galicia, Poznan

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:55 AM

The way to give credit to PGI's work isn't by creating a thread about it but the retention rate (of active players) they can have on people who try out this game. That's it.
PS - Yes, I'm still here as lots of others. Still active.

#17 thisisxerxes

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 97 posts
  • LocationChair

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:57 AM

It was probably a mistake for me to bring up a list of balance changes as Evidence For Evil - I don't want this thread to erupt into a back and forth of justifying/refuting these ^_^

Could just as easily have brought up stuff like a focus on developing cosmetic and plugin content like mechs & maps instead of delivering on the larger game we were promised way back when (yeah, yeah I know theyre still workin' on it TM), or the exorbitant pricing of the Clan mech packs.

#18 QuimMorius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 196 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:04 AM

View Postflipover, on 30 April 2014 - 05:55 AM, said:

The way to give credit to PGI's work isn't by creating a thread about it but the retention rate (of active players) they can have on people who try out this game. That's it.
PS - Yes, I'm still here as lots of others. Still active.

I've been on MWO for 14 months now, still going strong, supporting the game, and I dedicate time to help out new players to get them going. ^_^

#19 juxstapo

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,683 posts
  • Locationmy Tier is bigger than yours.

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:57 AM

Private Matches Rocked My World and restored my faith in the game as a whole. While some Corsair's QQ'd at the lack of XP and C-Bills (yea, I went there, you know who you are). On the whole there was more giggling going on last night then there has been since closed beta. Lovin it with a vengeance.

#20 Eric Generic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 117 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:36 PM

Thanks for making me realize how much money I've wasted in this game. If not for the pay for basic core features, I'd keep wasting money instead of bettering my life in real ways.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users