- - - - -

Never Play Again - Lrms

196 replies to this topic

#21 Flaming oblivion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 01:29 PM

It really frustrates me , Lrm's need buffing not nerfing , They're the only weapon in game that has many ways to make them almost useless , and a few to make them completely useless, ECM is the biggest problem sure narc- more then 1 ecm makes it mute, bap - you have to be to close, Tag- sure if the enemies stupid enough to let you tag them and they aren't all protecting the ecm mech , and don't instantly dive into cover the minute you tag them or all pounce on you they deserve to die . Lrms are the only weapons in game that cant be used at all in certain situations, sure some weapons are less effective in certain situations but atleast you can still use them.

#22 mogs01gt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 03 May 2014 - 02:11 PM

View Postdbassa, on 03 May 2014 - 10:40 AM, said:

Hey
i rly liked this game, as i liked all the MW games before this.
BUT
Im just askin me;
Why are Players, that have to make thoughts about engines, balanced loadouts, heatsinks etc not earned?
They got to aim, they are playin in the frontlines or at least in the forward 70% battlefield.
Instead, little noobs earn so much CBills, do so much DMG and all they got to do is to wait for a ******* red circle.
Just wanted to get rid of my frustration, because of LRMS i will never play this game again and i hope more ppl follow me and show the developers, that balance is a need for a good game,
This is NOT a good game.
Thx and **** you all.

LRMs are support weapons and are not designed to directly kill mechs. You need to work on your game play knowledge

Edited by mogs01gt, 03 May 2014 - 02:18 PM.

#23 Name140704

• 1,196 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 03 May 2014 - 02:12 PM

View Postdbassa, on 03 May 2014 - 10:40 AM, said:

Thx and **** you all.

Liked for this.

#24 condor1X1

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 02:40 PM

LRM s are over powered period

look at the damage scores you get when you play one or someone else does......and if there is like 3 or 4 LRM boats on one team....ouch

they are to strong...i play them too.... simply because of that fact...you can roll the match with them

#25 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 03 May 2014 - 02:45 PM

View Postcondor1X1, on 03 May 2014 - 02:40 PM, said:

Because they spread damage all over the enemy requiring much much much more total damage to destroy a target - as opposed to ballistics or energy, which give better dps and accuracy not to mention can be focused on vulnerable parts of the enemy.

Fixed that for you

#26 Candun

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 124 posts
  • Locationpotland oilgon

Posted 03 May 2014 - 02:53 PM

lol he was a member for 7 min before posting

#27 Shatterpoint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 358 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 02:58 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 03 May 2014 - 02:45 PM, said:

Because they spread damage all over the enemy (except for the Awesome where space magic causes them to spread damage over the ct and only the ct often regardless of cover) requiring much much much more total damage to destroy a target

#28 Liquid Leopard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationChesapeake, VA

Posted 03 May 2014 - 03:06 PM

View PostLivewyr, on 03 May 2014 - 12:39 PM, said:

+1 for originality.

+1 for sarcasm :P

#29 ThatBum42

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 220 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 03:08 PM

Methinks sockpuppet.

#30 Quick n Fast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationKahnawake

Posted 03 May 2014 - 03:11 PM

@ OP

TROOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!

#31 Liquid Leopard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationChesapeake, VA

Posted 03 May 2014 - 03:17 PM

View PostKoniving, on 03 May 2014 - 01:16 PM, said:

...This Atlas here, killed 6 players by himself with nothing but a pletheroa of LRMs. Know how simple it was to kill him? I got in his face and his only defense was 1 medium laser.

After your Missile Boat video ended, and the suggested videos popped up, 5 of the suggestions were about naval vessels.

...Real-life missile boats.

That deserves a LOL. :P

#32 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 03 May 2014 - 04:36 PM

View PostShatterpoint, on 03 May 2014 - 02:58 PM, said:

Funny enough - only happens about 1/3 of the time to PB - and that third they are usually chainfiring 5s - which hit the CT on just about anything.

#33 Karmen Baric

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • LocationSarna

Posted 03 May 2014 - 05:12 PM

Well i have not play many non trial mechs but of all including Raven Elite, the trial Catapult LRM is my best mech with most kills and 2.3 average. So missiles is very good wepons.

Even worse for newer players getting killed by missiles from 800m away you cannot see them and cannot shoot them is got to be worst feeling.

Edited by Karmen Baric, 03 May 2014 - 05:13 PM.

#34 Flaming oblivion

• The 1 Percent
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 05:39 PM

I don't know generally firing at 800m is a waste of ammo gives em time to have a smoke a coffee whilst they find cover 5 minutes before the missiles hit the floor, just my experience though.

Edited by Flaming oblivion, 03 May 2014 - 05:39 PM.

#35 RangerGee412

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 308 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:30 AM

LRMS are only as good as your target allows them to be

#36 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:54 AM

View PostFlaming oblivion, on 03 May 2014 - 01:29 PM, said:

It really frustrates me , Lrm's need buffing not nerfing , They're the only weapon in game that has many ways to make them almost useless , and a few to make them completely useless, ECM is the biggest problem sure narc- more then 1 ecm makes it mute, bap - you have to be to close, Tag- sure if the enemies stupid enough to let you tag them and they aren't all protecting the ecm mech , and don't instantly dive into cover the minute you tag them or all pounce on you they deserve to die . Lrms are the only weapons in game that cant be used at all in certain situations, sure some weapons are less effective in certain situations but atleast you can still use them.

The main complaint about the speed of LRMs was that it took away the ability to get to cover. Okay, I get that. But what so many of the players don't seem to realize is that the faster the LRMs go the worse their guidance gets. If you bumped up the speed to 200m/s and are sitting at 800m, that means a 4 second flight time after launch. If you get behind cover and keep moving, I have no time to reaquire lock and serpentine those missiles in on you. It may not seem like much to you, but believe me, my long game goes to pot and right now, my kill zone sweet spot is between 500-900m thanks to slower missiles. I fire, you break lock for a second, I reaquire just before the last guidance point and BOOM! Serpentine a huge distance in the air and get a direct hit instead of sizzling into the ground where you last were.

Of course, my short game... you know.. the one where I have to get my own locks and get within 400m of the target like most lasers in the game? Yeah... that one. That game gets naaaaaasty. Particularly with artemis. I can victimize you as well as any Quad AC5 then with 4 LRM5s. Possibly even better.

But... since you guys don't want fast missiles which would force a lot more LRMishing since slow missiles favor the long game... I'm good.

Oh, and bad players who refuse to take cover... yeah... you're screwed either way, so learn to use cover, like you do against direct fire weapons. It'll help you a lot.

#37 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:58 AM

View Postcondor1X1, on 03 May 2014 - 02:40 PM, said:

look at the damage scores you get when you play one or someone else does......and if there is like 3 or 4 LRM boats on one team....ouch

they are to strong...i play them too.... simply because of that fact...you can roll the match with them

Damage means diddly if you can't get kills. I can strip armor with the best of them. So what? The better you are at killing, the lower your damage goes while the higher your kill count. The only time this is not the case is when you're playing killsnake waiting for the time to fake being effective.

#38 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:25 AM

To the OP, I have news for you. My favorite lrm mech fires lrm 5s, 1 salvo at a time. I do this not to get kills necessarily but to get the enemy upset enough to make a mistake. Your post played into my hand. As others have said, firing lrms is NOT an "I WIN" button. They are so easy to counter, once you know how to do it. Give the game a chance, or let me win my psychological warfare, it's up to you.

#39 Fut

• Moderate Giver
  • 1,969 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:25 AM

View PostSimbacca, on 03 May 2014 - 10:57 AM, said:

Also what has to be taken into account is that Match Maker does not take into account the team's load outs. I have played on teams where we had no LRMs, but the foe had 4 or 5 LRM equipped mechs. I have also been on teams where both sides were literally firing 300+ LRM salvos at each other - to the point we blotted out the sky with LRMs flying back and forth....

Some sort of 'BattleValue' weighing system in the MM would be a welcomed addition to the game.

#40 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:28 AM

Well, it would FUT, but I think PGI has enough going on without implementing a battle value system.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users