Psuedo Jade Hawk Totem Battlemech

31 replies to this topic

#1 Forte

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 11:56 AM

Jade Hawk

So while reading up on the clans deciding which one suited me, I came across the totem mechs. Jade Falcon by far has the coolest Totem mechs (Kodiak is close tho), and I was interested if I could replicate that with IS mechs. I was curious what you guys thought would be the most closely resembling. I'm also trying to replicate the build (while still making it as strong as I can).

Medium Possibilities

GRF-1N

WVR-7K

SHD-2K

Heavy Candidate

QKD-4H

These were just kind of brainstormed and I'd love to have community input, suggestion, etc. I'm also curious on how I should paint the monster up once it is ready, given that I'm new to Clan Jade Falcon and I don't know the colors yet. (Lore wise I can't find what Galaxy they were assigned to.)

#2 101011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 04 May 2014 - 12:43 PM

Well, if you really want to be a green chicken, then you will want some obnoxious green and bright yellow colors. Oh, and a Kodiak would stomp any of the chicken totems into the ground. Just saying.

#3 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 04 May 2014 - 01:15 PM

What about the Claws? :)

#4 101011

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 04 May 2014 - 01:36 PM

You mean the talons, quiaff?

#5 Vanguard319

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 04 May 2014 - 01:50 PM

I don't think you could build one, as Triple-Strength Myomer, superchargers, partial wings, and claws do not exist in the game. Though that mech would be an absolute beast in close combat.

#6 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 04 May 2014 - 01:57 PM

View Post101011, on 04 May 2014 - 01:36 PM, said:

You mean the talons, quiaff?

In the weapons section there is "2x Claws" :)

#7 101011

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 02:02 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 04 May 2014 - 01:57 PM, said:

In the weapons section there is "2x Claws" :)

So there is. I am not sure why they would need to lower themselves to melee combat, but if that is what they feel embodies their Clan...

#8 Forte

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 03:00 PM

I realize it wouldn't be exact, I was just looking for suggestions on my creation that was as close to the mech in question as possible. This mech was produced after a shift in clan doctorine. According to the lore Jade Falcon became less strict with zellbrigen and they started using the Death from Above maneuver.

I just thought it would be a cool thought experiment considering I've seen a few Timberwolf mock ups on Catapults, a Puma on a Jenner, and someone tried a Summoner on a Thunderbolt.

#9 101011

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 03:11 PM

The problem is, of course, that the further along the timeline, the harder it is to recreate it as new tech is implemented.

#10 Forte

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 03:35 PM

Yeah it was just meant to be a little bit of fun. :(

#11 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:47 PM

Come June the totem mech for Jade Falcon will probably be the Summoner. As the old saying goes "if you don't see a jade falcon in a summoner, kit fox or hellbringer, double your caution"

#12 Forte

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 11:36 AM

In case anyone was curious. I built the Griffin version with Crusader Camo, Evergree, Camo Grey and Phranken black. So far best matches have been 6 kills 919 damage, and 4 kills 872 damage. Very acrobatic and fun if anyone wants to give it a shot.

#13 Silence Jin Mang

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hawk
  • The Hawk
  • 170 posts
  • LocationVirginia, america

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:26 PM

If you are looking for an Assualt totem mech, the Shrikes both variants fit onto a Highlander 733C and the energy one. Its a perfect fit, and you only are missing out on the claws and targeting computer, which don't exist. But either way, its a beast of a mech, and rips people to shreds. Top kills was 11 with 1500 damage, and besides that it can take a royal beating.

#14 Forte

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:53 AM

View PostSilence Jin Mang, on 06 May 2014 - 04:26 PM, said:

If you are looking for an Assualt totem mech, the Shrikes both variants fit onto a Highlander 733C and the energy one. Its a perfect fit, and you only are missing out on the claws and targeting computer, which don't exist. But either way, its a beast of a mech, and rips people to shreds. Top kills was 11 with 1500 damage, and besides that it can take a royal beating.

Yeah just for fun I'be been making all 3. The Gyrfalcon is the hardest so far. I can replicate it in a BJ1 but the build leaves a lot to be desired. Going to work a bit harder, and figure that one out.

I agree the Highlander or Victor are the perfect fits for a Shrike. I'm still deciding whether to make the prime (easily done in either, tho I'd trade LRMs for SRMs) or one of the variants with more energy based weapons.

#15 Silence Jin Mang

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hawk
  • The Hawk
  • 170 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:48 PM

The gyrfalcon build on the BJ is good, but it feels so wrong to disgrace the mech with such a crappy interpretation. (I hate the BJ)

But honestly, the standard fit is perfect, it averages 500+ a game with either fits, and the SRM`s aren't useful enough with the other two weapon types to justify their use. The LRM`s compliment the long range pounder a lot more than srm`s at close range with erppc`s or uac 5`s. The precision that makes them so strong is lost in the brawls. Maybe it is personal taste, but eh, I prefer he LRM`s.

#16 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 22 May 2014 - 04:35 AM

Oehm the Jade Hawk wasn't supposed to be a Jade Sparrow Totem Mech.

It was build for the Solaris IV arena - only those clumsys jade sparrow barbarians hijacked the build and made their own. Including the Ery, Gyr Falcon and Shirke - all of them with Laser Heatsinks....

#17 Silence Jin Mang

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hawk
  • The Hawk
  • 170 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:04 AM

You do realize the Jade Hawk was built by the Jade Falcons, that a mad scientist took the plans and sold them to Clan Sea Fox, who in turn sold it to mercenaries. Please get your canon right. And the Gyrfalcon, Shrike, and Eyrie were all designed and debuted BEFORE the Jade Hawk as in a few decades before. Please go troll elsewhere this is useless and you are only making a fool of yourself.

#18 FoxTrot05

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:35 AM

Jade Hawk with claws is the bootleg version. CJF uses lasers and missiles in their varients. Clans do not condone physical combat with mechs normaly. Shame a official CJF model was never released, not even in the clix game where CJF invented the darn thing, allong with the Jupiter Assualt mech.

#19 Silence Jin Mang

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hawk
  • The Hawk
  • 170 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:49 AM

Actually, the claws were implemented later, as CJF learned the benefits of Death from Above. That's why all three of the 3080-3100 totem mechs had claws. But yes it is sad they never released the actual CJF Jade Hawk along with the normal. But eh, cant complain, I got my shrike.

#20 HlynkaCG

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,263 posts
  • LocationSitting on a 12x multiplier and voting for Terra Therma

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:47 PM

It's a hero mech but I think the closest you can reasonably get with currently available mechs would be a LOUP DE GUERRE.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a25608ad1a99d3c

You should also look into "Streak-taro" builds and simply replace the streaks with SRM 2 and 4s.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users