Posted 11 August 2015 - 03:04 PM

#1284 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 03:40 AM

I think this one deserves to be mentioned... Nothing to do with Spaceships though..

https://vimeo.com/138360203

#1285 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 15 September 2015 - 11:43 AM

View PostShinVector, on 15 September 2015 - 03:40 AM, said:

I think this one deserves to be mentioned... Nothing to do with Spaceships though..

https://vimeo.com/138360203

When I first saw that, my panties dropped.

Complete audiophile here, I used to GAZE at the perfect soundscapes in Battlefield 3 but this is even better. Can't ******* wait

#1286 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 03 October 2015 - 07:53 AM

https://www.youtube....3&v=VLvpaYD0GYM

#1287 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 08:59 AM

View PostGremlich Johns, on 03 October 2015 - 07:53 AM, said:

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

DUDE.... This is probably from the leaked SQ42 assets...
Please put a spoiler disclaimer on your link next time.

Some people do not want to see leaks... :mellow:

Edited by ShinVector, 04 October 2015 - 04:39 PM.

#1288 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 04 October 2015 - 10:57 AM

Update from the morning of 4 October: https://robertsspace...To-The-Escapist

#1289 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 11:21 AM

Unfortunately, CIG does have Escapist over a barrel on one point: Finnegan didn't contact Gardiner for equal time and rebuttal. You have to do that.

Won't matter, though. The only thing that will shut the haters up is the release of the game. This can't do anything but slow down that release through negative word-of-mouth and slower funding.

#1290 Kyone Akashi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationAlshain Military District

Posted 05 October 2015 - 02:30 PM

View PostRebas Kradd, on 05 October 2015 - 11:21 AM, said:

This can't do anything but slow down that release through negative word-of-mouth and slower funding.
$90 million are still not enough? :P
The only way the article changes anything is if the project was already in trouble.

You should probably keep that stuff in the other thread and reserve this one for more positive talk about gameplay etc, though. No reason to have two threads devolve into internet battlegrounds.

#1291 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 05 October 2015 - 03:26 PM

View PostRebas Kradd, on 05 October 2015 - 11:21 AM, said:

Unfortunately, CIG does have Escapist over a barrel on one point: Finnegan didn't contact Gardiner for equal time and rebuttal. You have to do that.

Won't matter, though. The only thing that will shut the haters up is the release of the game. This can't do anything but slow down that release through negative word-of-mouth and slower funding.

The game is broken. They needed some bad press to light a fire under their butts and fix it.

#1292 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 01:42 PM

View PostKyone Akashi, on 05 October 2015 - 02:30 PM, said:

The only way the article changes anything is if the project was already in trouble.

Supposedly, only $8 million is left.

#1293 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 06 October 2015 - 07:25 PM

View PostRebas Kradd, on 06 October 2015 - 01:42 PM, said:

Supposedly, only $8 million is left.

Eeesh... that's the sketchiest claim made in a series of sketchy claims by the sketchiest guy imaginable. We'll see in December.

#1294 Signal27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 08:05 PM

View PostHeffay, on 06 October 2015 - 07:25 PM, said:

Eeesh... that's the sketchiest claim made in a series of sketchy claims by the sketchiest guy imaginable. We'll see in December.

Or maybe sooner if CIG actually carries through with it's lawsuit. Then they would HAVE to open their books to prove the article claiming only 8 million remaining is libel.

#1295 Kyone Akashi

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 11:00 AM

View PostHeffay, on 06 October 2015 - 07:25 PM, said:

Eeesh... that's the sketchiest claim made in a series of sketchy claims by the sketchiest guy imaginable.
That didn't come from him, iirc.

I too hope for the lawsuit to manifest, though; I'm eager to hear who is lying.

#1296 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 12:22 AM

View PostKyone Akashi, on 07 October 2015 - 11:00 AM, said:

That didn't come from him, iirc.

I too hope for the lawsuit to manifest, though; I'm eager to hear who is lying.

Hmmmm.... You might be surprised to know that people who are actually waiting for the game. Don't really care about such things..

Anyway.. I came here... Say that Starcitizen has now impacted ANIME !!
Heavy Object Eps 2.... that initial BGM sounds familiar... The ripped off the bgm from the original Starcitizen trailer..

Than again I am not sure if the BGM from the Starcitizen original trailer is original.. The later bgms was custom composed but.. The trailer.. hmmm...

Edited by ShinVector, 10 October 2015 - 12:23 AM.

#1297 Kyone Akashi

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 09:45 AM

View PostShinVector, on 10 October 2015 - 12:22 AM, said:

Hmmmm.... You might be surprised to know that people who are actually waiting for the game. Don't really care about such things..
lol, the internet suggests otherwise!

I don't think there is any gamer who is not waiting for the game, anyways, even if just to see what all the fuss is about. Besides, more space games is always good -- there is a distressing lack of good products in this genre that has led to many different players with many divergent preferences and expectations all gravitating to the few options that are currently available, which can only lead to disappointment on part of the player and/or developers shifting to the "lowest common denominator", both of which sucks.

#1298 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 09:56 AM

View PostKyone Akashi, on 10 October 2015 - 09:45 AM, said:

lol, the internet suggests otherwise!

I don't think there is any gamer who is not waiting for the game, anyways, even if just to see what all the fuss is about. Besides, more space games is always good -- there is a distressing lack of good products in this genre that has led to many different players with many divergent preferences and expectations all gravitating to the few options that are currently available, which can only lead to disappointment on part of the player and/or developers shifting to the "lowest common denominator", both of which sucks.

SC is threading a brave new world in game development...
Most developers in past probably thinks that let gamers pre-order a product 3-5 years in advance with and open development process is a bad idea... And it IS for the seen reasons.. !!

I used to hyped about the development... But I am realistic and not a fanatic... This thing is going to take time to cook properly so, I won't care much about the progress at this point..

Meanwhile set my goal for SQ42... That's what I really want..

#1299 Kyone Akashi

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 10:14 AM

View PostShinVector, on 10 October 2015 - 09:56 AM, said:

Most developers in past probably thinks that let gamers pre-order a product 3-5 years in advance with and open development process is a bad idea... And it IS for the seen reasons.. !!
Eh .. I'd say it depends on how you sell it. Crowdfunding needs to be understood as investing into an idea/vision, rather than buying a product that ends up exactly as described.

The problem is that most gamers seem to ignore this premise because to them the latter probably lets them feel more at ease in terms of getting something in return for their investment ... with the drawback that, in the long run, they'll start to feel worse off because their expectations are not met. That's the issue with hype: it's amazing for a few months, but eventually it fizzles out and turns into brooding, like a pendulum that swings back.

For what it's worth, CIG committed a lot of avoidable actions to help this situation arise with the feature creep during the crowdfunding campaign, then failing to adjust their projected release date in time, and lastly with what sounds like a bottleneck in terms of decisionmaking within the company further drawing out development because Mr. Roberts wants to get everything just right according to his ideas.

I believe you are doing the right thing when you are just "opting out" of all the hype and drama, and commit to waiting in patience; it's gonna save you a lot of nerves and you can have fun by being more involved in other games. Plus, you can still get hyped again once an actual release is on the horizon. :)

#1300 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 08:54 PM

For those who enjoy their Drama...
But I SAW A VF-1 !! (Sabre)

https://robertsspace...2015-Livestream

Edit: Yes... This game is vapor ware and won't ever get done.... :P
Ohhhh finally some decent PvE stuff, I can finally get into.... SC Alpha 2.0... I am READY ! :)

Edited by ShinVector, 10 October 2015 - 09:32 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users