Anyone else exited for star citizen?
Posted Image

#902 AlmightyAeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 07:47 AM

May 29th DFM/Arena Commander is supposed to come out. Not abandoning MWO...but I fully intend on a LOT of space pewpew that weekend ;)

#903 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 28 May 2014 - 07:15 AM

http://countingdownt...countdown-clock

#904 Green Mamba

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,659 posts
  • LocationNC,United States

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:01 PM

1 more day

#905 Goosfraba

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 221 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 03:35 PM

View PostShinVector, on 18 May 2014 - 12:27 AM, said:

Looks better in the CIG movies...
And amazing when you first saw it in DOS..
Yes... CR was pushing full 3D spacesim scrap during the DOS days...

http://wingcommander...n_Heavy_Fighter

The Price of Freedom was great, both as a movie and as a game, Heart of the Tiger... not so much.

Edited by Goosfraba, 28 May 2014 - 03:41 PM.

#906 Green Mamba

• Shredder
  • 1,659 posts
  • LocationNC,United States

Posted 28 May 2014 - 05:18 PM

Well they Delayed it again ....https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13898-Arena-Commander-V8-Delay

#907 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 05:22 PM

View PostGreen Mamba, on 28 May 2014 - 05:18 PM, said:

Well they Delayed it again ....https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13898-Arena-Commander-V8-Delay

I am fine with this... But the haters are going to have a field day... Waiting for Mr. Grey Knight to appear.

#908 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 28 May 2014 - 05:23 PM

View PostGreen Mamba, on 28 May 2014 - 05:18 PM, said:

*sigh*

Oh well. I can wait. It's not unexpected in the least. Deep rooted Cryengine issues... it's not just something PGI has to deal with.

#909 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 05:29 PM

View PostHeffay, on 28 May 2014 - 05:23 PM, said:

*sigh*

Oh well. I can wait. It's not unexpected in the least. Deep rooted Cryengine issues... it's not just something PGI has to deal with.

Better communication though. I guess having no publisher makes it possible.

#910 Goosfraba

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 221 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 05:46 PM

Great, I lost a bet.

#911 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:30 PM

View PostGoosfraba, on 28 May 2014 - 05:46 PM, said:

Great, I lost a bet.

If I knew you were taking bets on whether they would hit this deadline, I *totally* would have been in line!

#912 Tekadept

• Knight Errant
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 29 May 2014 - 12:54 AM

Oh well no big deal, as it is well communicated and we will be given DAILY updates. I wonder what PGI would have done in this situation.. oh wait I already know.

At least I have elite Beta coming out on the 30th :D

Edited by Tekadept, 29 May 2014 - 12:54 AM.

#913 S3dition

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,633 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 29 May 2014 - 05:13 AM

View PostShinVector, on 28 May 2014 - 05:22 PM, said:

I am fine with this... But the haters are going to have a field day... Waiting for Mr. Grey Knight to appear.

What do you expect when people intentionally troll these forums to point out how much better SC is... even though it's aiming to be delayed a full year for basic gameplay. At least MWO launched on the days they said it would.

I guess the second coming of Christ is on hold for a list massively critical bugs.

Animations not playing? cockpit disappearing? CTD on mission end? CTD on missile lock (which was in the GDC demo and still not fixed)? Display driver crash on enemy spawn/destroy?

In before white knight and SC defense force brigade start the SC apology list.

Yes, anything you say to defend it I can link to someone saying in defense of MWO.

View PostTekadept, on 29 May 2014 - 12:54 AM, said:

Oh well no big deal, as it is well communicated and we will be given DAILY updates. I wonder what PGI would have done in this situation.. oh wait I already know.

At least I have elite Beta coming out on the 30th :)

Tell people it's delayed because of bugs?

Oh wait, that's what both companies do! <_<

View PostHeffay, on 28 May 2014 - 05:23 PM, said:

*sigh*

No, they're just the only ones blamed for it. :rolleyes:

Edited by S3dition, 29 May 2014 - 05:15 AM.

#914 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 29 May 2014 - 05:41 AM

View PostS3dition, on 29 May 2014 - 05:13 AM, said:

Animations not playing? cockpit disappearing? CTD on mission end? CTD on missile lock (which was in the GDC demo and still not fixed)? Display driver crash on enemy spawn/destroy?

Hey, they have a crack team of Cryengine experts that will help solve these critical and blocking bugs! Should only take about 15 minutes or so, according to our expert forum Cryengine devs we have here...

#915 Tekadept

• Knight Errant
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 05:52 AM

View PostS3dition, on 29 May 2014 - 05:13 AM, said:

Tell people it's delayed because of bugs?
Oh wait, that's what both companies do! :rolleyes:

Really? in the past It was easier getting a tooth pulled at the dentist then to get information about delays from PGI, let alone them admitting there was a problem. Once you were told of a delay how often did PGI keep people informed? not daily that's for sure :rolleyes:. they have a monthly vlog that will end up coming out 6 times a year

View PostHeffay, on 29 May 2014 - 05:41 AM, said:

Hey, they have a crack team of Cryengine experts that will help solve these critical and blocking bugs! Should only take about 15 minutes or so, according to our expert forum Cryengine devs we have here...

Proof will be in the pudding i guess :) I have bets all those DEEP ROOTED (tee heee) issues will be sorted out before the 3/3/3/3 matchmaker is fixed <_<

#916 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 29 May 2014 - 05:56 AM

View PostTekadept, on 29 May 2014 - 05:52 AM, said:

Proof will be in the pudding i guess :) I have bets all those DEEP ROOTED (tee heee) issues will be sorted out before the 3/3/3/3 matchmaker is fixed :rolleyes:

Well, they've been working on their CTD bugs since before December. You'd think their crack staff would have solved them by now. I mean, they hire nothing but the best in the industry, right?

I mean, look at their director of Marketing! Just *dripping* with experience doing... umm... hey! Have you seen her bikini pics? Niiiiiice! What were we talking about again?

#917 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:00 AM

View PostHeffay, on 29 May 2014 - 05:56 AM, said:

Well, they've been working on their CTD bugs since before December. You'd think their crack staff would have solved them by now. I mean, they hire nothing but the best in the industry, right?

I mean, look at their director of Marketing! Just *dripping* with experience doing... umm... hey! Have you seen her bikini pics? Niiiiiice! What were we talking about again?

Heffay, I don't get how you can White Knight so often here, but come down on Star Citizen so hard. At least give them a chance to miss deadlines by months and only communicate their resolution twice a year before you give them the treatment most of us have given PGI.

Hell...if you're feeling super generous, wait and see what the product looks like when they actually claim it's "released" before getting your panties in a twist.

Edited by Ghost Badger, 29 May 2014 - 06:00 AM.

#918 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:01 AM

View PostGhost Badger, on 29 May 2014 - 06:00 AM, said:

Heffay, I don't get how you can White Knight so often here, but come down on Star Citizen so hard. At least give them a chance to miss deadlines by months and only communicate their resolution twice a year before you give them the treatment most of us have given PGI.

I'm as big of a white knight for SC as I am for MWO. The only thing I'm doing here is pointing out the hypocrisy of people who complain about one aspect of MWO when the *exact* same thing happens in SC, but they get a free pass.

Deep rooted Cryengine errors. So many people mocked that statement from PGI, but now refuse to eat their crow. Instead it's all "Yeah, but..." coming from the black nights.

#919 Tekadept

• Knight Errant
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:05 AM

View PostHeffay, on 29 May 2014 - 05:56 AM, said:

Well, they've been working on their CTD bugs since before December.  You'd think their crack staff would have solved them by now.  I mean, they hire nothing but the best in the industry, right?

I mean, look at their director of Marketing!  Just *dripping* with experience doing... umm...  hey!  Have you seen her bikini pics?  Niiiiiice!  What were we talking about again?

You do have a short memory huh?

Of course re: their director of marketing.. Simple marketing 101.. oh wait what were we talking about again? oh must buy more UEC..............

Guess her parents insisting she go to college paid off as well as it did for you :)

View PostHeffay, on 29 May 2014 - 06:01 AM, said:

when the *exact* same thing happens in SC, but they get a free pass.

You really don't notice the difference between the two do you??

Deep rooted Cryengine errors.  

Where is that quote  using that term btw, its only you i have ever heard refering to these problems in both platforms as a "DEEP ROOTED" (TEE HEE) errors, nobody else.. If you use it enough it must be true?

Edited by Tekadept, 29 May 2014 - 06:14 AM.

#920 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:06 AM

I'm as big of a white knight for SC as I am for MWO. The only thing I'm doing here is pointing out the hypocrisy of people who complain about one aspect of MWO when the *exact* same thing happens in SC, but they get a free pass.

Deep rooted Cryengine errors. So many people mocked that statement from PGI, but now refuse to eat their crow. Instead it's all "Yeah, but..." coming from the black nights.

Okay, Heffay, that's fair. Allow me to point out the differences as I see them.

MWO claims to be released...with a CRAPTON of bugs anyway. When they hit their deadlines, they do so with an enormous amount of annoying bugs that take forever to fix...if they DO fix them...and end up being in a patch months down the line. They communicate once that there are issues and that they'll get to the "soon" and then we hear nothing for a very long time.

SC is in pre-alpha, and has CONSISTENTLY refused to release a bad product. And when they say there are issues, and that they're going to fix them...they do so...quickly. Sometimes a developer even gives us a play-by-play...as seen here on Reddit.
Oh look, code debugging ASAP.

SC has remained consistent in how they release things...they're concerned about quality, not arbitrary release dates in the development stage of their product. The decisions PGI have made when it comes to releases vs. OMGBUGS haven't impressed me. That's all.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users