<member/>

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 584 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 06 May 2014 - 12:36 PM

Greetings MechWarriors,

As per the Command Chair Update on Friday:
"A problem with the single group per team feature of the matchmaker was identified and fixed and will be in the May 6th patch. This feature of the matchmaker will be re-enabled; however, it will be monitored closely. In case problems with the matchmaker arise again, we may be forced to disable it."

Our monitoring of the matchmaker immediately following the patch has revealed that wait times had more than doubled as a result of this fix being added without further changes to the matchmaker already in the pipeline. As these wait times far exceeded our tolerances for players to be left idling; We are temporarily disabling this feature.

The following bug fix is redacted from today's patch notes:
-Fixed an issue where multiple 2-4 player groups can enter into a public match on the same team
All other bug fixes introduced remain intact.

Similar to 3/3/3/3 1 group per side uses similar queuing functionality that requires some re-factoring before these features can be supported correctly. As with 3/3/3/3, we look forward to getting you these features as soon as we can and will keep you updated on their progress.

#2 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 06 May 2014 - 12:51 PM

Are groups matched on both sides still? If one side has a group, so does the other?

#3 Goose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 06 May 2014 - 12:52 PM

There just is no good news, today, is there? :)

#4 DDDs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 368 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 12:52 PM

Thanks for the info. I suspect there aren't enough solo players to fill out matches though. Instead of 1 group per side, why not equal number of groups per side?

#5 WallyRez

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 12:55 PM

Please just leave out 1 group per team, it will slow down ques and make all the public games boring, who wants to have 8-10 solo players on their team every single game.

#6 tayhimself

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 334 posts
  • LocationAn island

Posted 06 May 2014 - 12:55 PM

But here's a new hero mech for MC!!!

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 06 May 2014 - 06:45 PM.
Removing modified quote

#7 StalaggtIKE

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 2,304 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 06 May 2014 - 12:58 PM

Is it possible that more than 16% of drops are group launches?

Posted Image

Edited by StalaggtIKE, 06 May 2014 - 12:59 PM.

#8 Mark Brandhauber

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 291 posts
  • LocationYorkshire United Kingdom

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:00 PM

then how come i'm still seeing public games with more than 1 premade on each team..... or did i misunderstand?

#9 Xephan

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:09 PM

Mark ^^

The fix for that caused an issue so they disabled it. And basically we are where we where at last week.

#10 Deconstructor

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:09 PM

Welcome to mehWarrior Online™.

#11 xCico

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Gold Champ
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:11 PM

This is all nice and that but i can either drop alone or in 4 man to find match, but anyway GJ on fixing matchmaker!! :)

#12 Nightmage61

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:15 PM

This is a big "up yours" to solo droppers. I'm sick of being your walking targets for lances of assaults and heavys on coms. It's not fun.

Solo only queue is my vote on the best way to fix it. keep track of the last 5 teams you were on and try to keep you off teams with those folks to discourage com cheating.

No balance in weight class or justice with teams. The need for 3/3/3/3 had stopped my money for PGI. Now I have two reasons to keep my money.

No rage quit, I still have hope they may get it right. Sometimes even getting stomped by assaults can be fun, just not over and over and over.

Edited by Nightmage61, 06 May 2014 - 01:16 PM.

#13 Tsunamisan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:36 PM

I honestly do not see the issue with having multiple groups per team so long as they adhur to the 3.3.3.3 ruleset and not all of 1 mech type. IE> 3 assaults an 1 heavy X4 would not work verry well either. yah it could be matched to the other team but the point being that there i no need to use mediums anymore if that were the case all other weight classes have a specific role Assault: Tanking moderate weapons, Heavy: Heavy weapons and light to moderate armor, Medium ??? they just seem left out to me. Lights are fast and can scout. where mediums are left just to slow to do that role better to go heavy unless tonnage restrictions were in place.

#14 Goose

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:38 PM

View PostWallyRez, on 06 May 2014 - 12:55 PM, said:

Please just leave out 1 group per team, it will slow down ques and make all the public games boring, who wants to have 8-10 solo players on their team every single game.

You're on an island, buddy …

#15 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:40 PM

View PostStalaggtIKE, on 06 May 2014 - 12:58 PM, said:

Posted Image

Something I would love to see is the breakdown of solo players vs grouped players as a function of Elo. I get the feeling that there is a disproportionate amount of solo players in lower Elo and that number decreases as you go up. I also wonder if they were treating 2,3, and 4 man groups as a single unit giving a 2-man premade the same weight as a 1-man solo player.

#16 mooky

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 27 posts
  • LocationALHENA

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:47 PM

So PGI, does that mean too many 2-4 man premade teams were queueing too long when you only allow 1 premade per team?

How about some new stats on what percentage of PLAYERS are dropping pre-made ... ie. in a game with 24 players, if there are 2 premades on one side totalling 6 players (4+2), and the other side has 2 more premades totalling 5 players (2+3) then the drop should be:

11/24 = 46% premade
13/24 = 54% solo

Some people have been assuming your stats were calculated as taking any premade (2-4) as "1" ... but I personally don't have any clue how you calculated your stats before.

Shedding some light on your numbers would be great ... though I'm banking on "proprietary information disclosure not allowed" being the the response, if any.

#17 Zeriniel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 226 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:49 PM

View PostJman5, on 06 May 2014 - 01:40 PM, said:

Something I would love to see is the breakdown of solo players vs grouped players as a function of Elo. I get the feeling that there is a disproportionate amount of solo players in lower Elo and that number decreases as you go up. I also wonder if they were treating 2,3, and 4 man groups as a single unit giving a 2-man premade the same weight as a 1-man solo player.

That's exactly what they did. In their calculations they counted a 2-4 man team as one drop, vs a solo player also being one drop.

So yeah. Horrible misleading math is misleading.

#18 mooky

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 27 posts
  • LocationALHENA

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:54 PM

View PostJman5, on 06 May 2014 - 01:40 PM, said:

I'd love to see the breakdown too. I have to assume I fall in the middle Elo bucket, not great, not bad, sometimes a bit aggressive. But generally a break-even to plus player on most chasis, and I see multiple groups on a lot of my premade drops too. Not full, but almost always 1 per side, and often 2 groups.

View PostZeriniel, on 06 May 2014 - 01:49 PM, said:

That's exactly what they did. In their calculations they counted a 2-4 man team as one drop, vs a solo player also being one drop.

So yeah. Horrible misleading math is misleading.

But to be fair, we assume this, but no-one saw the numbers so your only guessing. A logical guess that makes sense, but only guessing. No one ever confirmed this, unless I am mistaken. If I am, prove me wrong and I'll admit my mistake.

#19 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:16 PM

Harsh realm. An MWO version of game-determined pilot-skill modified BV is looking better by the day. Open-ended, not PGI-restricted.

Edited by Kay Wolf, 06 May 2014 - 02:16 PM.

#20 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:21 PM

View PostStalaggtIKE, on 06 May 2014 - 12:58 PM, said:

Posted Image
It's likely that's number of launches clicked. If you expand that out to people, groups make up more than a third

84+16+12+16=128 people in the above chart (abstracted)

(16+12+16)/128 = 34.375%

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users