Pgi Please Released Variant Info

46 replies to this topic

#1 Xoxim SC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 453 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:44 PM

PGI, would it be possible to release some information on the variants included in the Clan Package, and what their hard points will entail?

It would also be nice if you provided more information regarding omnipods, and the differing options that will be made available for perhaps 1 or 2 of the mechs you've either finalized, or come close to finalizing.

Many thanks!

GG topic grammar fail.

Edited by Todd Lightbringer, 29 April 2014 - 07:44 PM.

#2 Lance425

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 110 posts
  • LocationBaton Rouge

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:53 PM

I was expecting to come to this post and see flaming of some kind.

This is a great way to ask a question. Good job Todd.

#3 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,637 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:44 PM

+1
I would love to see this information, we already know what the prime variants are but not the other ones. This would be some good information to display.

#4 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:53 PM

Indeed. Up until now, all I expect is just the P, A, and B.

#5 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:53 PM

I would love to know these details as well. Considering what some of us have paid I think it is the least pgi could do.

#6 Lagster

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 103 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:07 PM

I fully agree with the OP, the only reason (and I seriously mean only) I haven't dropped cash on the clans is because I don't know where the "stuck" FF and endo slots will be. Don't want to buy a promising looking ballistics chassis only to realise I can only mount AC2s because PGI decided to troll around with hardpoints, etc. They've already mentioned that they may deviate from canon crit slot allocations for balance purposes after all...

#7 LiGhtningFF13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationBetween the Flannagan's Nebulea and the Pleiades Cluster

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:35 PM

... well, lets see what will happen!

#8 Gods Wrath

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, Tennessee

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:58 AM

A little over a month and a half to go and nothing on other variants, crit locations, etc. That is why I haven't purchased a package. If they wait much longer I will just purchase with C-Bills. If its anything like the last package they did (that I purchased) there will be a couple of really good mechs and the rest so..so. They will have to show me something before I pay out my hard earned $.

#9 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:31 AM

They are Clan chassis. None are so-so.

#10 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:34 AM

Indeed. By and large, most Clan stock configurations are actually pretty good, but even if they are not they offer modification options for the user. Win win.

#11 Name140704

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:40 AM

View PostGods Wrath, on 30 April 2014 - 07:58 AM, said:

A little over a month and a half to go and nothing on other variants, crit locations, etc. That is why I haven't purchased a package. If they wait much longer I will just purchase with C-Bills. If its anything like the last package they did (that I purchased) there will be a couple of really good mechs and the rest so..so. They will have to show me something before I pay out my hard earned $.

Agreed, I have dived in too early twice, I'll wait until some actual information comes out. And some gameplay pics, aka not buying early hehehe.

Also, this picture has me a little skeptical a to how out of ync thee mechs are looking with what I thought.

Posted Image

#12 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:44 AM

Try this one:

Posted Image

#13 Xoxim SC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 453 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:54 AM

I also have yet another question: Do you plan on releasing a similar reinforcement pack? At the moment the Clans are lacking a fast scouting light, a light medium, a light heavy and or missile platform (though this could vary depending on what variants are released), and a mid ranged assault.

Edited by Todd Lightbringer, 02 May 2014 - 08:54 AM.

#14 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:59 AM

I still vote for a 'binary Reinforcement pack' which has two additional Mechs, which would bring the total to 10 chassis, a Clan Binary.

Mad Dog and Hellbringer gets my vote.

#15 Zack Esseth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 248 posts
  • LocationRith Essa

Posted 02 May 2014 - 09:08 AM

View PostCoffiNail, on 02 May 2014 - 08:59 AM, said:

I still vote for a 'binary Reinforcement pack' which has two additional Mechs, which would bring the total to 10 chassis, a Clan Binary.

I second this. And with it they should go on about what other variants we get and/or what the bonus modules are.

#16 RuzzBot

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 09:09 AM

View PostCoffiNail, on 02 May 2014 - 08:59 AM, said:

Mad dog is a pretty iconic mech that's still missing - not to mention my fave chassis ;)

#17 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:11 AM

The mechs released will be Prime, and Alpha+Beta configs (unless I am mistaken)

I can't tell you what the exact hardpoints will be, however, if you go to the sarna page for each of the clan mechs, you can see the configs and figure out what's gonna happen.

#18 Felbombling

• 2,975 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:42 AM

This is the #1 reason why I haven't purchased a Clan Package yet. The Summoner has three variants that are separated, literally, by 1 energy slot. The other two variants have multiple missile and ballistic hard points, as well as an additional AMS slot and Targeting Computer.

Before I spend any money on a Summoner, I want to know exactly which variants I'll get in the package, what the Targeting Computer will do in game and what, if any, control we will have over our armour distribution. [As far as I know, that question is still up in the air.]

#19 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,254 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:43 AM

Going out on a limb here, but wouldn't it be reasonable to expect that omni-pods from ALL configurations will be available? In which case it doesn't matter what configurations we start with (with the exception of the CT, but that usually doesn't make for too big of a difference), because we can build up all the configs by buying omni-pods.

Hopefully anyway...

#20 Xoxim SC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 453 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:48 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 02 May 2014 - 10:43 AM, said:

Going out on a limb here, but wouldn't it be reasonable to expect that omni-pods from ALL configurations will be available? In which case it doesn't matter what configurations we start with (with the exception of the CT, but that usually doesn't make for too big of a difference), because we can build up all the configs by buying omni-pods.

Hopefully anyway...

This is what I'm trying to get at. There's simply not enough information available. While they did a good job of highlighting the prime variants and their hard points, it could be anyone's guess as to what variants will be chosen. They may not necessarily be A and B, though one would guess as such.

Too much guess work going on regarding a package that cost a fair bit of money, and is only a month from releasing!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users