Version Mismatch After 4Gb Patch On Thu 8Th

Upgrades

52 replies to this topic

#21 Rasc4l

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 496 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 04:20 AM

Again getting the patching problem regardless of the settings or things I did with patchbot.cfg or deleting folders. ^_^

edit: and somehow it worked after all doing those things, just not at first...

Edited by Rasc4l, 09 May 2014 - 04:59 AM.

#22 Troopie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 120 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:32 AM

View PostLobot, on 09 May 2014 - 04:13 AM, said:

No at login it complained version mismatch instead of patch being available
- Uninstalled and reinstalled, still complains mismatch
- Set PatchBot.cfg: skipProxy=1 updated three little patch files that now were available.
- restart and complains at login about new patch being out. Restarting starts to download 4,056Gb patch.
- aborted patching and set PatchBot.cfg: skipProxy=0
- restart, no patching required and login let me through. We'll see how it goes on next time.

FIX THIS! I think this is unacceptable. I'm located in Finland, if that helps.

Have you tried Repairtool?
This wont download whole game. Just mark all inside options at repairtool.
After this everything should be okay, or those 3 small patches.

#23 Cazcade

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:54 AM

Well all is well and good, until today another patch started downloading. Cool. It reverted back to 151.

And running repairt tool started downloading fixes. ^^ Love this. I'm a coder, I'm tempted to offer my services with all these bugs.

Edited by Cazcade, 09 May 2014 - 05:55 AM.

#24 Cazcade

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 06:03 AM

Alright, after patching back to 151 frontend, I ran the repair tool again and got something else™. Now it offered me a patcher, I declined it this time and then I went to command line and punched the "mwoclient flowthru" and skipped the launcher alltogether and ended up in the mechbay and ingame.

Trying to do a drop.. *drumroll*. And now it allows me to play.

I'm a bit torn with the service, since I pay premium time and I am having quite a bit less than that.

Edited by Cazcade, 09 May 2014 - 06:25 AM.

#25 Arcterian

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 14 posts
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:35 AM

Well, been busy all day so only had time to try it out during the evening myself. First time after the 3 patches it worked....after a restart when I had to restart the game for some things like resultion I encountered the patchbug again....that there was another non-existant patch I needed. I do hope there be some quick fix for this as I downloaded that huge 3.8gb patch and then reinstalled before this last attempt with deleting the patch folder....nothing worked.

Just glad Im not on premium time atm or I would be angry.

Ed: Well works now after the patchbot was set to 0

Edited by Cordax, 09 May 2014 - 01:33 PM.

#26 Fauxwise

• PipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 66 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationTropical Sweden

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:43 PM

I seem to be stuck in a loop. I actually got in earlier today, and no problem. But now after the Double-XP period is here I'm stuck in a loop downloading the entire game (the so-called 4GB patch), and then the three "repair" patches. I get a mismatch after that...

Extremely disappointed in amateur work from PGI. (Edit) By amateur, I mean that apparently this is now a recurring issue.

Edited by Fauxwise, 09 May 2014 - 01:13 PM.

#27 Cazcade

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:53 PM

Well more developement:
This morning 08:45 ish roughly, it offered the patch again. Tried flowthru to skip the patcher, it complained there is an update available, run the patcher. I opened the launcher this time and started patch, but then cancelled it via "x" (close). Restarted it, closed it, restarted it, closed it, restarted it and this time "play" appeared.

Fun times, there's an aptitude test to this: do you have compulsory or obsessive behaviour towards the mwo? if yes, keep adhd-clicking all buttons until it works while at the same time yelling "let me in, let me in, let me in". Repeating that over 500+ times. And if not, wait for the pgi to fix it (only takes 1,5+ years).

This is for a select number of people: if you have ever heard of sprints, well, ours are about 2-4 weeks long. Pgi measures sprints in years. And there are unfinished stories that carry over to the next. Pgi calls them crawls or on-all-fours-oozing.

Premium time.

Edited by Cazcade, 09 May 2014 - 10:20 PM.

#28 Danielius

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:14 AM

Here's my story (and how I got the game to work):

A day or two ago the center ads in the launcher suddenly started showing old ads like "win the thunderbolt", "mech fair" etc, and launcher wanted to "patch". I patched, it started the 4gb patch. After that patch, I again let it patch 3 small patches. Tried to log in, version mismatch, exit and it wants to patch again. Didn't patch, edited the "MechWarrior Online\Bin32\Patchbot.cfg" line skipProxy=1. That solved problem and all worked fine until today, when launcher wanted to patch again. Didn't patch. Edited skipProxy=0. No effect. Did command-prompt "mwoclient.exe flowthru". It worked, and I've been able to play with that.

PS. I'm in Finland too.

Edited by Danielius, 10 May 2014 - 12:15 AM.

#29 Lobot

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 01:46 AM

Today
- skipProxy=1 -> launcher required 4Gb patch
- skipProxy=0 -> login requested uploading patch
- skipProxy=1 + start with flowthru let me log in.

#30 Loosie

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:40 AM

Another one in Finland here, with the exact same problem. Setting skipProxy to 1 solves the issue at this end, for now.

#31 Cazcade

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:21 AM

Now logging out and doing the same launcher-patch, quit, launcher-patch, quit, x 6 did nothing, but mwoclient flowthru afterwards allowed entry.

Premium time.

#32 Sjorpha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 10 May 2014 - 05:17 AM

I'm Swedish.

I'm having the same problem here, can't really be bothered hacking the game to fix it so I'll just not play the game until it is fixed. Just reporting to enforce the statistics that this isn't an isolated issue but a bug concerning a whole region.

#33 Arcterian

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 14 posts
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 10 May 2014 - 09:01 AM

Well, the patch is back again so had to cancel it and retry which let me to the login screen only to encounter the "you have a patch" bug again when loging in. Also Im from Sweden.....and considering the answers here it seems to affect a lot of scandinavians.

ED: Changed patchbot back to 0 and it let me back into the game so havent had to resort to the flowthru yet as switching the patchbot back and forth seems to work for now.

Edited by Cordax, 10 May 2014 - 09:12 AM.

#34 Lan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 119 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:19 AM

Same issue (Swede), awaiting advise from devs.

Edited by Lan, 10 May 2014 - 10:19 AM.

#35 Cavendish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 410 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:55 AM

Same issue (Swede) also waiting for the devs and getting some premium time back please.

#36 Fauxwise

• PipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 66 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationTropical Sweden

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:06 AM

When on rare occasions I do get through to the login screen, up pops the window telling me that an update is available... And that update is apparently the whole game (3.7 GB).

Edited by Fauxwise, 10 May 2014 - 11:07 AM.

#37 Arcterian

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 14 posts
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:46 AM

Fauxwise, have you tried to delete the PatcherLogs in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Bin32\" or similar directory where you keep the game. That seems to trigger the 3 updates.

As for the patch, just starting and canceling it lets me to the login screen, might have to restart the game to get play instead of patch though after canceling it once. If I still get the "you have a patch" when trying to login then editing PatchBot.cfg and changing skipProxy=0 to 1 or 1 to 0 allows me avoid getting the "you need a patch" at the login screen.

Anyway, hope it helps.

Edited by Cordax, 10 May 2014 - 11:47 AM.

#38 D0hle

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 97 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 10 May 2014 - 04:32 PM

I've been having the same problem as well (Finland). It seems fiddling with the Patchbot.cfg and the patch logs will eventually let me through. What I do is I keep the skipProxy line in the Patchbot.cfg as '1' and if the launcher says a patch is available or tries to force me to patch I go and delete the front_end_patcherlog file. This way I've always been able to get past this annoying bug thus far.

#39 Cazcade

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:53 PM

This morning.. Oh why oh why, this morning first attempt gave me "play" option and *drumroll* .... straight to the mechbay.

Yeah I'm from Finland too.

Premium time™.

Edited by Cazcade, 10 May 2014 - 10:53 PM.

#40 Ezazel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 11 May 2014 - 12:20 AM

I have this problem too. Day before yesterday patcher wanted to download 4gb patch and three little patches after that. Then after disconnect and restart it wanted to download the 4gb again. I shut down the patcher and restarted it and got to play without patching.

Today i had the same thing happen again. When launching the game it started to download 4 gb so i shut it down and tried again and got in the game without downloading anything.

I live in Finland

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users