Version Mismatch After 4Gb Patch On Thu 8Th

Upgrades

52 replies to this topic

#41 G o a t

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 12:43 AM

Looks like I'm having a modified version mismatch fvckup thing. All that mumbo-jumbo with deleting patchlogs, skipproxying 0-1, repair-tooling, reinstalling doesn't work for me. I can get in to loading screen - but as soon as mechlab starts to load I get thrown out of the game, it just stops working.

From Russia with hate for double XP bullcrap weekend.

#42 Minc of Bane

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNL

Posted 11 May 2014 - 03:23 AM

I'm having the same issues, (i'm in the netherlands)
After trying multiple times the game somehow works, but next day it the same bullshit al over again. Every day for the last couple of days.

Please fix this issue. Or at least park my premium time so it isn't wasted.

#43 Li Song

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 11 May 2014 - 01:34 PM

Also affected, Sweden.

#44 MrJolly

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 02:24 PM

View PostRasc4l, on 08 May 2014 - 07:05 AM, said:

EDIT: Here's my nslookup patcher.mwomercs.com in case it would have any relevance to the matter:

Server: resolver1.dnaip.fi
Address: 62.241.198.245

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: a1982.d.akamai.net
Addresses: 23.3.90.235
Aliases: patcher.mwomercs.com
patcher.mwomercs.com.edgesuite.net

I used hosts file to swap akamai host, and it worked for me. See http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/157600-patcher-installer-feedback-13291/page__st__20#entry3366834 Some of the hosts seem borked.

#45 Rasc4l

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 496 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 03:21 PM

View PostMrJolly, on 11 May 2014 - 02:24 PM, said:

I used hosts file to swap akamai host, and it worked for me. See http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/157600-patcher-installer-feedback-13291/page__st__20#entry3366834 Some of the hosts seem borked.

This helped for me:

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__3366834

"How to fix this for yourself temporarily:
1. Edit <windows dir>\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
2. Add the line:

23.62.111.32 patcher.mwomercs.com

3. Save file (you might have to change permissions, and Windows Defender might complain)
4. Restart launcher

(Note: Once real patches gets out, you will want to remove this, as it will slow down normal patching.)"

Edited by Rasc4l, 11 May 2014 - 03:22 PM.

#46 Cazcade

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:09 PM

Well now, THIS morning, started launcher and patched 3-4 times: quit it right away without finishing the patch (no need to change the current installed frontend patch version, and got to the login screen few times and where got the patch available notification. Kept trying to find the right patching server with the right front end patch version by repeating the patch-quit-patching and tadaa finally bypassing the patcher with flowthru when the right server came a long: letting me login into the game.

I believe some production environment persons responsible of the patcher service configuration have done a booboo. Fixing would be ideal (but not assumed).

Premium time™.

Edited by Cazcade, 11 May 2014 - 10:14 PM.

#47 Benso

Rookie

• The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 7 posts
  • LocationSverige

Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:20 AM

Easy fix that works for me.
Start launcher, if you get "PATCH" just close launcher and start it again until you get "PLAY".
Worked for me all weekend, had to restart between 3-6 times to get in.

Edited by Benso, 12 May 2014 - 12:20 AM.

#48 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:17 AM

Same problem here, it wants to download the 4GB again and again after every time you close the game.
Something is obviously wrong with the launcher.

Edited by Carl Wrede, 12 May 2014 - 04:18 AM.

#49 SirHitman

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 11:50 AM

I have not played in a few weeks (month) just started the game now to see if i have the same problem and for some reason i did not have any problems. For me patcher.mwomercs.com points to IP 212.247.20.40.
My ISP is Tele2 dom Sweden (same as ip 212.247.20.40) according to https://apps.db.ripe...l#resultsAnchor
Got a report while writing this reported that it started working now during the evening.

If you still got issue maybe your could try pointing patcher.mwomercs.com to 212.247.20.40 in your hosts file. Even if this works now, this might cause same type of issue in the future.

#50 Cazcade

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:40 PM

I'm a bit hesitant to edit any hosts files or dns settings - since once I forget that I have changed something permanently, it will come bite me back later on. Rather, I would use some kind of dns-proxy program that I start for the duration of the Mwoclient.exe runtime and can exit afterwards.

And THIS morning, let's see does the problem persist? I'm kinda curious about the chosen patcher service solution. Why not create all patchers to sync automatically to a central version control system? And to have each version configured automatically? Would probably make the customer experience a lot more pleasent - don't you think?

Ooh, no patches offered, no version mismatch told and was able to login straight to mech bay. Oh wait there's still the chance that drops will fail.....trying out, aaand.... searching....connecting.....and tourmaline desert, well at least the game works, but it still tries to piss me off with heat-heavy maps.

Premium time™.

#51 Cazcade

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:16 AM

Oh my, after disconnecting and reconnecting - it did NOT offer a patch or complain about version mismatches.

Astonishing.

Premium time™.

#52 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:09 AM

View PostCazcade, on 12 May 2014 - 09:40 PM, said:

And THIS morning, let's see does the problem persist? I'm kinda curious about the chosen patcher service solution. Why not create all patchers to sync automatically to a central version control system? And to have each version configured automatically? Would probably make the customer experience a lot more pleasent - don't you think?

I'm pretty sure the whole system is automatic, but no automatic system is perfect, leading to the issue.

#53 Cazcade

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:55 AM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 15 May 2014 - 10:09 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure the whole system is automatic, but no automatic system is perfect, leading to the issue.

I'm guessing you noticed the tiny tiny bit sarcastic tone of voice in the writing there? But alas, I'm a software developer myself and I know way too well, how the production system and the deployment (continuous or otherwise) system can go wrong.

This is for the select few out there: That's why there is a functional test for the service which loads a dummy client and tests if the service is up and running and the version supplied by the deployment system is correct. And this functional test is run on a 5 to 10 minute basis for all patchers. If any problems are encountered, the current version is auto-rolled back. ; ) Oh there isn't? Well, there should be.

Premium time™.

Edited by Cazcade, 16 May 2014 - 04:04 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users