Stock Mech Era Wednesdays

196 replies to this topic

#181 Sergey Kosinskiy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 651 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:30 PM

Well this was a fine event. 5 hours long.... damn am i beat up.
Just a little hard on IS vs Clan with balancing, probably need sombody to do the math.
Also very nice Clan vs Clan with Zelbringer.

#182 Marius Malthus

• PipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 03:53 AM

Is it possible to arrange a separate EU event ??

The time is almost impossible for most EU players
PGI why dont you make a hardcore game mode with stock mechs and TT heat values ? Or.just with stock mechs?

Edited by Marius Malthus, 04 December 2014 - 03:56 AM.

#183 Sergey Kosinskiy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 651 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 06:21 AM

Well there is a Stock Monday for EU.... but its not that popular:(
http://mechforceclas...tamp=1418061600

#184 General Taskeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 04 December 2014 - 01:10 PM

Suggested schedule is up for December, same as Novembers.

December 10th - Clan Invasion Era (Tech 1 & Tech 2)
December 17th - Third/Fourth Succession Wars Era (Tech 1)
December 24th - Clan Invasion Era (Tech 1 & Tech 2)
December 31st - Star League Era (Tech 1/Rare Tech 2's)

I'm surprised no one has wanted to do Clan/Clan yet, but Sergey said there was some fun Zellbringen. Stock Clan vs Stock Clan just like MechWarrior 2.

#185 Sergey Kosinskiy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 651 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 02:59 PM

Yup when balancing of Clan Vs IS went a little nuts. Somebody was like, hey we never did Clan VS Clan lets do it. A couple matchs in we did Duels. And than some sort of Arena 2vs2. Tesunie can write better on rules i think than me.

#186 Sergey Kosinskiy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 651 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 01:12 AM

View Postsneeking, on 04 December 2014 - 05:41 PM, said:

Id like to try painting our mechs some suitable colours and playing no huds some time.

Been dependant on battle grid and comms could make for some interesting scout activities.

YES! No HUD would be greath i did a couple of duels with no huds.... and this was so much fun.

#187 Canadian House Owl

• PipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 59 posts
  • LocationEdmonton

Posted 05 December 2014 - 01:52 PM

this is a cool concept

#188 Jaeger Gonzo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 03:21 PM

I think half of the balance problems was in bad tactics by IS team. Sure maybe they should have one player more, but you cant play in stock IS vs Clan like in pug public games. You cant sit like a duck around, picking up from the ridge, IS team will be picked out just every time like this. IS needs to more aggressive, use terrain as possible and short distance to brawl, and don`t afraid of death, use numerical advantage, use your team mates. When times come, you need just charge head on with everything what team got. Fear of death and pug style is a main reason why IS team will loss every time. Every table topper knows that.
When I was commanding IS side in other day we was eating clans every time. as most clans don`t know how to play clans as well.
Keep in mind that my clans meks (trial) had none of skill unlocked, as I don`t posses any.
Unsymmetrical balance is more tricky to got, as not pure power can be balanced, but the use and tactics of tools you got.
But hell!! Unsymmetrical is so much more fun.

#189 Jaeger Gonzo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 12:36 PM

TECH 1 is good enough, AWS, DRG, hunchys, all can stand they ground even against clans. But again without good tactics on IS side nothing will help. Of course balance by numbers is a must in unsymmetrical set up.

#190 Sergey Kosinskiy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 651 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 08:20 AM

Guys dont forget today is Clan vs IS with a brand new mechs like Man-O-War and King Crab.

Edited by Sergey Kosinskiy, 10 December 2014 - 08:20 AM.

#191 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 10 December 2014 - 06:35 PM

The stock mech era list is updated on the mechforce forums (link on first post) for all the new Mechs in-game so far, both IS and Clan. My google doc sheet (side project) is not yet updated.

Note that the KGC-000 and KGC-0000 are usuable during the Clan Invasion Era, the KGC-000B however is for the Star League Era (which is an extinct mech in the later Eras). If anyone is wondering the history of the 000, the Draconis Combine were "gifted" KGC-000's in 3039 by ComStar. They are the only faction that used them in that time period, since they are all but extinct.

Also double note, check out the extra surprise KGC-001 useable for Clan Invasion Era nights. It was a very rare variant pressed into service by ComStar in 3052 as one of their "Clan Busters" The actual KGC-001 had one SSRM2 per torso, in case anyone is wondering. I used the base 0000 chassis, since it had enough hardpoints, plus it comes with SHS already, so if you have spare Gauss Rifles and an 300XL sitting around you can build it.

The other Star League Era KGC-010 is not possible to match to its approximate specs and ayssmetrical weapon locations, and also imo is one of the best KGC's due to its heavy hitting long range weaponry, and 6 tons of ammo (3 cluster shot, 3 standard shot).

Other stuff:

I also added the Mist Lynx D as an extra buildable. The actual D variant had the weapons in the opposite arms. Should be a fun one, for those that use them - since its the only Mist Lynx with an Autocannon.

Unfortunately, I was not able to approximate the Hellbringer F, which was one my favorites to use in MechWarior 2. The Hellbringer F used Dual LB-10X's, rather than dual ER PPCs.

Edited by General Taskeen, 10 December 2014 - 06:44 PM.

#192 Sergey Kosinskiy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 651 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 08:41 PM

Nice game guys. Thanks for showing up.

So 000B is no go on Clan Era?

#193 SkyHammyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 462 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:22 PM

Thanks for the fun games, everyone.
If only more folks would play these.

Too bad you don't get CBills & XP for stock play- it's the perfect venue for new players to get their initial 25 matches in.

#194 Sergey Kosinskiy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 651 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:36 PM

Thx for game guys.

#195 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:39 PM

Hello folks, got around to working on some vid editing:

Working on uploading a bunch more for SMM and SMW.

Edited by General Taskeen, 17 December 2014 - 08:40 PM.

#196 Sergey Kosinskiy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 651 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 03:49 AM

#197 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 29 January 2015 - 07:15 AM

With the absence of numbers from stock days, this will likely be discontinued for the time being.

I've had my lions share of disagreements with the development of this game, but stock days last year (2014) was practically the best and last fun I've had in this game. As time goes on, I have less time to devote to MWO and have no time for the grind of the regular game. My founders time is also gone, which I only used for hosting private games (wish it was free...) and I told myself I might find time again if PGI took the time to development interesting options for stock mode gaming like the old MW games for something new/different, but their focus is elsewhere.

Thanks to all the folks last year and the traffic in the stock community, it was fun times and your sportsmanship was excellent.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users