#61 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 09 May 2014 - 03:03 PM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 09 May 2014 - 05:09 AM, said:

Weight (or 3333) AND # of premades AND Elo per team is probably too many factors, which may be possible but not within an acceptable queue time.

I'd rather see 3/3/3/3 instead of limited premades, especially since "one premade per team" treats all teams as equal- making 2 or 3 much less desirable than a full 4.

Yeah this is for sure. My friend and I playing together is hardly balanced against a high ELO 4-man.

I don't like the idea of removing agility bonuses for assaults though guys. Assaults can already have a tough time tracking lights at 150 kph, and I don't think they should lose those bonuses that help them accomplish that.

#62 Ultimax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 03:54 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 09 May 2014 - 03:03 PM, said:

I don't like the idea of removing agility bonuses for assaults though guys. Assaults can already have a tough time tracking lights at 150 kph, and I don't think they should lose those bonuses that help them accomplish that.

Sorry assaults should only be able to track other assaults, anything else is OP because people don't like to die in their light mechs. :)

Edited by Ultimatum X, 09 May 2014 - 03:55 PM.

#63 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:51 PM

View PostBarantor, on 09 May 2014 - 03:58 AM, said:

I still want some other news group in either the MMO scene or even a group from MWO to be able to ask the devs some questions besides NGNG. I still feel that NGNG softballs questions and just has more discussion sit downs rather than asking some of the tougher concerns that happen here, on reddit and elsewhere on the net.

For that to happen we need another newsgroup to become as popular/more popular than NGNG without having any Devs on. Even then, there is nothing gained by PGI if they go on and the interviewers demand answers to questions they don't want to answer. NGNG knows certain issues are off the table (Why not rebalance the entire game to make stock mechs the norm, Why won't you add some kind of CoF/RND to weapons, Why did Russ promise CW 90 days after Open Beta) so they don't bother asking them.

View PostPeiper, on 09 May 2014 - 10:21 AM, said:

RE: Jump Jets, it's mostly Sean talking about them. They haven't done anything with them since they nerfed them a couple months ago (especially for assaults). As of this interview, there's no indication they'll nerf them again.

Sean does talk about he combination of BAP, target lock decay and jump jets when being a jump-missile mech, and mentions that maybe the target decay module is now too effective since missiles are so much faster.

Again with nerfing LRMs? :)

View PostMischiefSC, on 09 May 2014 - 11:48 AM, said:

But you don't NEED to have one premade per team. You could drop with 24 pugs.

#64 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 09 May 2014 - 06:48 PM

View Postkesuga7, on 09 May 2014 - 05:47 AM, said:

The more Jumpjets your mech has
the less amount of heat you get from using them ?

1 tonn of a jumpjet has waaay more benefits then 1 double heatsink
Or 1 Ton Of Mg ammo

#65 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:10 PM

View PostDavers, on 09 May 2014 - 05:51 PM, said:

But you don't NEED to have one premade per team. You could drop with 24 pugs.

The MM doesn't know what premades are coming down the chute. So if it starts to build a team of 24 with no premade and then premades show up that drop can't really include one, can it?

Remember, 3/3/3/3 would have to be built around the premade composition. Trying to fit a premade into a half-filled match is going to be rare as hens teeth and require more effort to code and test than it's worth. So as soon as you start saying 'well, just fill these guys out in matches with no premades' then you've taken all those players and their puzzle pieces that would fit to fill out 3/3/3/3 out of the equation. Now you need to wait not just for premades but for a pug population to fill them out.

What you'll end up doing is creating two bottlenecks - one waiting for premades, another with premades waiting for the right format of pugs to fill out 3/3/3/3.

My recommendation is just fill teams round-robin, not stack-fill. This means two premades will never end up on the same side dropping at the same time; they'll end up either on opposite sides or more likely different matches. This also makes it incredibly unlikely that you'll end up with two premades on one side and none on the other.

This largely fixes the premade impact on a game issue, keeps the 3/3/3/3 efficient and puts a bullet in the back of the sync-dropping head.

#66 kesuga7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationSegmentum solar - Sector solar - Subsector sol - Hive world - "Holy terra"

Posted 10 May 2014 - 05:56 AM

View PostMycrus, on 09 May 2014 - 06:48 PM, said:

Or 1 Ton Of Mg ammo

well thats 1 tonn for mechs above 60 tonns

you usually don't have to compromise too much to gain all the benifits of a single jumpjet

#67 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 07:38 AM

View Postkesuga7, on 10 May 2014 - 05:56 AM, said:

well thats 1 tonn for mechs above 60 tonns

you usually don't have to compromise too much to gain all the benifits of a single jumpjet

Do you actually know how slow and little you get our of a single JJ on a Victor or Highlander at this point?

You want 2 JJs minimum for those chassis, 3 if you can fit it - unless your only goal is to get over terrain.

I don't know what kind of spare tonnage you have, but on my builds 3 to 6 tons could be dedicated to more firepower, more heatsinks, bigger engine, etc.

#68 Peiper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:30 PM

Wondering something. When I go to 'news' I can't find this thread in the 'news' section. Yeah, I know, there's no longer a news section of the forums, but there are forum tags and you can click those tags to find stuff within those subcategories.

As of this point, this post is on page four of the general discussions - and thus, is buried. Still, savvy people might notice that all the threads in general discussion lead to a sort of subcategory search list. I use this function sometimes to search out threads/find relevant posts, etc....

Does a thread have to be approved or something to to actually get the tag? I guess my concern is: once this thread is lost, how do people find it? (Assuming they don't know who I am already, and don't look it up from visiting my profile/searching my threads.)
-------------------------------------------------------------
Addendum: I did find it through the 'news' tab just now, no page two of that tab. When I tried to open page two a couple minutes ago, I could not, then I had to log in again. What is strange, though, is that because I just replied to this post, you'd think it would be ordered on top. Using the 'last update and time' still has it well behind even some of my older threads, which have not had any replies to in a week or more. Odd...

Edited by Peiper, 11 May 2014 - 11:35 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users