- - - - -

Clan Mechs For Cbills?

25 replies to this topic

#1 Torgun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:25 AM

So I've read clan mechs are going to start rolling out for people that bought them for real $$$ from June. Since I find them way too expensive, I was wondering if/when clan mechs will be available for CBills? Anyone heard anything about that, or are clan mechs only ever going to be available by paying for them directly?

#2 WarHippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:31 AM

View PostTorgun, on 09 May 2014 - 07:25 AM, said:

So I've read clan mechs are going to start rolling out for people that bought them for real $$$ from June. Since I find them way too expensive, I was wondering if/when clan mechs will be available for CBills? Anyone heard anything about that, or are clan mechs only ever going to be available by paying for them directly?

They will be purchasable for c-bills in a staggered release. I believe they will release two per month starting in June.

#3 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:32 AM

Yeah, they will be released for C-Bills. If I'm not mistaken the Uller will be the first to be released for C-Bills either on June or July. If they follow with the schedule they used for the Phoenix mechs, then you can expect each chassis to be released after that on a 1-2 chassis per month basis.

Edited by IraqiWalker, 09 May 2014 - 07:32 AM.

#4 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:36 AM

Based on previous events I would expect the first cbill releases to be be either the day of or within a week or so of the preorder injection. I've heard that they will be released two at the time because it would take nearly a year to release them all otherwise.

They will be available for cbills because otherwise...
Posted Image

No word yet on the price but I think it safe to assume it will be between the IS costs for similarly weighted mechs and the price listed on sarna. That would put the Dire Wolf somewhere in the range of of approximately 9 million to 30 million.

#5 Torgun

• 1,598 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:42 AM

Thanks for the info guys, seems like they might be a real PITA to grind for considering the price. I looked up some of the clan mechs and it seems there are some clan only advanced weapons that some of them are equipped with. Do we have any info what clan weapons will be available?

#6 sathoon

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationNorthwich, cheshire

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:43 AM

As much as I wish the clan mechs to follow a sensible pricing range, the sarna prices seem more likely because it already takes the better part of a day to grind 4-5 mil (also assuming that you're bagging kills/assists left and right). 9/10 players would rather throw money at MC than fart about with grinding 30 million c-bills for a base dire wolf chassis and then more for weapons/hardpoint fodder variants. I know I would and I refuse to fall into that pit like I have in the past with previous F2P games and their in-game premium currencies.

Edited by sathoon, 09 May 2014 - 07:44 AM.

#7 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:48 AM

View PostTorgun, on 09 May 2014 - 07:42 AM, said:

Thanks for the info guys, seems like they might be a real PITA to grind for considering the price. I looked up some of the clan mechs and it seems there are some clan only advanced weapons that some of them are equipped with. Do we have any info what clan weapons will be available?

We're still restricted to 3050 at the moment.

So LBX-10
AC2,5,10,20
No Rotaries I believe.
Ultra AC5s will be there, not sure about UAC20s,UAC10s,UAC2s.

SSRM2, 4, and 6. LRM 5, 10, 15, and 20.

Also, keep in mind, the ACs and LBXs will function true to lore. The ACs will be burst fire weapons, and the LBXs will have Alt. Ammo capabilities. At least that's what they're going for, let's hope they finish it.

#8 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,676 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:49 AM

We don't have a full list of equipment or weapons, but if it's on the mechs they are releasing, we will have it. Most of it is similiar to IS (lasers, ACs, missiles) so it's not that different.

I expect the cbill price to be a lot closer but still more expensive than IS mechs since clan tech has been nerfed to be on the same level or slightly superior.

#9 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:51 AM

View Postsathoon, on 09 May 2014 - 07:43 AM, said:

As much as I wish the clan mechs to follow a sensible pricing range, the sarna prices seem more likely because it already takes the better part of a day to grind 4-5 mil (also assuming that you're bagging kills/assists left and right). 9/10 players would rather throw money at MC than fart about with grinding 30 million c-bills for a base dire wolf chassis and then more for weapons/hardpoint fodder variants. I know I would and I refuse to fall into that pit like I have in the past with previous F2P games and their in-game premium currencies.

I've put a hold on any further mech purchases myself and I'm considering selling off some of the mechs that I purchased one of but never got around to finishing the set. I figure in forty something days I'll be prepared to purchase the Kit Fox, skip the Nova and Summoner, and then get the Dire Wolf. At which point I will be broke again.

I'm sure we'll have trial mechs though and Clan stock mechs aren't too shabby.

View PostTorgun, on 09 May 2014 - 07:42 AM, said:

Clans have similar weapons to the IS. But its all more advanced. Specifically lighter and smaller in almost every instance.

For example they do not have normal lasers, they have ER or pulse of all sizes.

They do not have normal PPCs, its ER as well.

They do not have normal AC they have LB-X and Ultra AC of all sizes.

Missiles are similar but they have streak 4 and 6 launchers too.

Edited by Rouken, 09 May 2014 - 07:55 AM.

#10 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

View Postsathoon, on 09 May 2014 - 07:43 AM, said:

Considering each mech will come with a slew of upgrades, it's basically gonna be a grind for some of them.

The Clan variants without endo steel and FF will be significantly cheaper. The DHS upgrade built into all of them will still be a lot of money. (2 slot DHS and a lot of them come hardwired with a bunch of them right off the bat.) It's the same as when buying a raven 3L which costs more than some heavies. The upgrades are why they are expensive. If you could get a naked chassis with nothing in it, then yeah, they could be a lot cheaper.

#11 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,159 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

They say that MC prices and CB prices are correlated, so since Masakari mechs are 150% the cost per mech as Overlord mechs, it's probably reasonable to assume that clan mechs will be on the order of 150% or so the cost of IS mechs. But that's stock and they should require less upgrading (though upgrades and add'l pods (which I expect to buy a lot of)) are likely to be expensive.

#12 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:54 AM

View PostRouken, on 09 May 2014 - 07:51 AM, said:

I'm sure we'll have trial mechs though and Clan stock mechs aren't too shabby.

We've had quickdraws for forever in the game, and we still don't have a champion build for them. Don't expect clan mechs to get trials anytime soon, unless they implement a hard Clan Vs. IS queue or structure.

View PostTerciel1976, on 09 May 2014 - 07:51 AM, said:

They say that MC prices and CB prices are correlated, so since Masakari mechs are 150% the cost per mech as Overlord mechs, it's probably reasonable to assume that clan mechs will be on the order of 150% or so the cost of IS mechs. But that's stock and they should require less upgrading (though upgrades and add'l pods (which I expect to buy a lot of)) are likely to be expensive.

Only "upgrades" are pods. Can't change armor type or structure type if I'm not mistaken.

#13 LiGhtningFF13

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationBetween the Flannagan's Nebulea and the Pleiades Cluster

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:55 AM

Of course they will be available for CBills. Later but they will!

#14 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,159 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:57 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 09 May 2014 - 07:54 AM, said:

Only "upgrades" are pods. Can't change armor type or structure type if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah, I meant upgrades in the non-technical sense (guns and such). I bet they're not going to give away UAC/20s. :D

But ES, FF and engine changes being disallowed will certainly change the cost structure. List price will actually mean something rather than being only a fraction of the real cost.

#15 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:59 AM

View PostTerciel1976, on 09 May 2014 - 07:57 AM, said:

Yeah, I meant upgrades in the non-technical sense (guns and such). I bet they're not going to give away UAC/20s. :D

But ES, FF and engine changes being disallowed will certainly change the cost structure. List price will actually mean something rather than being only a fraction of the real cost.

Yeah, and considering the ES and FF only take 7 slots each, that's a huge boon. There's almost no reason ever to not take both and free up the weight.

#16 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:00 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 09 May 2014 - 07:54 AM, said:

We've had quickdraws for forever in the game, and we still don't have a champion build for them. Don't expect clan mechs to get trials anytime soon, unless they implement a hard Clan Vs. IS queue or structure.

There was also a time when we got stock variants as our trial mechs. Clan stock mechs are probably better than our IS champion mechs. If they mix the Clan mechs with IS in pugs they could get away without doing trials though.

Edited by Rouken, 09 May 2014 - 08:01 AM.

#17 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:00 AM

We don't know when, what order, or for how much. Or which extra pods will be available or when those will be available. Or which clan weapons (every weapon stock on the Prime variants is a given though) Stay tuned for updates.

#18 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,159 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:01 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 09 May 2014 - 07:59 AM, said:

Yeah, and considering the ES and FF only take 7 slots each, that's a huge boon. There's almost no reason ever to not take both and free up the weight.

Well, yeah. But you don't get that choice, do you?

#19 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:03 AM

View PostTerciel1976, on 09 May 2014 - 08:01 AM, said:

Well, yeah. But you don't get that choice, do you?

not on some variants, no. However, I wonder if you'll be able to do it when shifting pods. For example, if the Prime comes with FF in the right ST, and you swap it for the right ST of Alt. G that doesn't have FF, would you technically be able to switch out FF for standard that way?

#20 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,159 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:06 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 09 May 2014 - 08:03 AM, said:

not on some variants, no. However, I wonder if you'll be able to do it when shifting pods. For example, if the Prime comes with FF in the right ST, and you swap it for the right ST of Alt. G that doesn't have FF, would you technically be able to switch out FF for standard that way?

Hunh. I hadn't considered that. I just don't know. Does it come up in TT?

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users