212 replies to this topic

#101 Ruhkil

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 98 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:09 AM

View PostEdward Mattlov, on 13 May 2014 - 03:52 PM, said:

Come on PGI, you can do it! Give us Falcons our Hellbringers and give us all Mad Dogs as well. The Hellbringer could be the first ECM heavy in the game, which is sorely needed.

One thing that i realized recently was that they are probably going to put out a "clan saber pack" of 4 mechs at some point.
think about it.

Clan light mechs-
the adder and kit fox are in the the eyes of the community thought of as poor light mechs for the way the game is set up. I have seen numerous threads that say the stock Ryoken will outclass either of them by miles. Mech conspicuously absent= Dasher/Firemoth one of the fastest light mechs in the BT universe

Clan Medium mechs- nova and ryoken are okay
Mech conspicuously absent= Shadow Cat a jumping mech with a Gauss rifle and space for a long range laser or PPC

Clan heavy mechs-
pretty good
Mechs conspicuously absent= the Loki which can mount ECM and the Maddog the clans LRM boat(could PGI not balance clan lrms well enough so they left out the dedicated missle mech?).

Clan assault mechs- cant go wrong with the Dire wolf or Warhawk but with Victors dominating the meta the Gladiator will be a hot ticket item.

its almost like PGI/IGP held back the best light mech(Firemoth) a very popular medium mechs(Shadow Hawk) two of the Clan heavies that would change how clan forces could engage the IS forces(Vulture for long range support or Loki for ECM cloaking) and the Clan mech(Gladiator) most likely to be used in competitive play.
I would not be surprised to see the maddog out as the first clan mech for MC and the other 4 as part of a "saber pack"

#102 Sennin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 459 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:27 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 19 May 2014 - 05:59 AM, said:

Oh i really hope the Loki will be in game....
Simple for the reason that we need the Thug too
Posted Image

ERMAGHERD!!!

My new desktop, thanks!

#103 101011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:36 AM

View PostRuhkil, on 01 June 2014 - 11:09 AM, said:

One thing that i realized recently was that they are probably going to put out a "clan saber pack" of 4 mechs at some point.
think about it.

Clan light mechs-
the adder and kit fox are in the the eyes of the community thought of as poor light mechs for the way the game is set up. I have seen numerous threads that say the stock Ryoken will outclass either of them by miles. Mech conspicuously absent= Dasher/Firemoth one of the fastest light mechs in the BT universe

Clan Medium mechs- nova and ryoken are okay
Mech conspicuously absent= Shadow Cat a jumping mech with a Gauss rifle and space for a long range laser or PPC

Clan heavy mechs-
pretty good
Mechs conspicuously absent= the Loki which can mount ECM and the Maddog the clans LRM boat(could PGI not balance clan lrms well enough so they left out the dedicated missle mech?).

Clan assault mechs- cant go wrong with the Dire wolf or Warhawk but with Victors dominating the meta the Gladiator will be a hot ticket item.

its almost like PGI/IGP held back the best light mech(Firemoth) a very popular medium mechs(Shadow Hawk) two of the Clan heavies that would change how clan forces could engage the IS forces(Vulture for long range support or Loki for ECM cloaking) and the Clan mech(Gladiator) most likely to be used in competitive play.
I would not be surprised to see the maddog out as the first clan mech for MC and the other 4 as part of a "saber pack"

You make a valid point, however, you must consider the fact that the current 'Mechs are pretty much the poster children of the Clans, as well as the fact that the Firemoth requires MASC (we do not need another Flea), and the Shadow Cat is relatively unknown and not even encountered until Luthien. The heavies, however, are all pretty much up to choice. The Summoner, in my opinion, can make a better long range support 'Mech than the Mad Dog, and if not for the Timber Wolf S, would be the only jumping heavy. The Mad Dog, by the way, is certainly not a LRM boat, as even the stock config mounts plenty of lasers. Now, the Summoner B, that is a LRM boat, quiaff?

#104 Vanguard319

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 01 June 2014 - 02:25 PM

View PostKoniving, on 14 May 2014 - 03:19 PM, said:

Lol. Just realized PGI's habbit of reusing resources would work here.

Arms of a Timber Wolf slapped on legs of a Summoner.

that's not really a PGI thing. Many of the clan omnimechs have shared parts from their introduction.

#105 GhostBear64

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 169 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia

Posted 01 June 2014 - 02:50 PM

View PostCoffiNail, on 14 May 2014 - 09:11 AM, said:

Ghost Bear cries out for our beloved mad dog!

Mad Dog are you sure , I would think a Kodiak would be the thing !

#106 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:05 PM

View PostVanguard319, on 01 June 2014 - 02:25 PM, said:

that's not really a PGI thing. Many of the clan omnimechs have shared parts from their introduction.

I'm aware, but it's been a PGI thing for Inner Sphere mechs that share absolutely no similarities (such as Firestarter and Victor heads. Quickdraw and Highlander bodies. Shadowhawk and Centurion arms. Etc. In some cases it'd make sense -- i.e. mechs made by the same 'companies' in lore would realistically share similarities. But in many cases here it's not so much because of canonical reasons.)

#107 101011

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:18 PM

View PostGhostBear64, on 01 June 2014 - 02:50 PM, said:

Mad Dog are you sure , I would think a Kodiak would be the thing !

Ah, yes, the Mad Dog is a key part of any Ghost Bear force.

#108 elitewolverine

• PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:41 PM

View PostOdanan, on 15 May 2014 - 05:13 AM, said:

Are you talking about me?
Posted Image
Spoiler

But don't worry, the Hellbringer/Loki, Mad Dog/Vulture will come soon enough. PGI will certainly release another Clan pack in a few months, with the 8 remaining "starter" omnimechs.

EDIT: more info about the next mechs here. Unfortunately, Supernova, Kodiak and Grizzly (as all other non-omni Clan mechs) probably won't make it to MWO (because of the 3 variants requirement).

Love this pic so much did a quick mockup of some 3d of the image....obviously not complete just a few in some good ole blender plenty of things need work even in the provided pic

Posted Image

#109 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:42 PM

View Postelitewolverine, on 12 June 2014 - 08:41 PM, said:

Love this pic so much did a quick mockup of some 3d of the image....obviously not complete just a few in some good ole blender plenty of things need work even in the provided pic

Posted Image

10/10 would pilot. :)

#110 Edward Mattlov

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 388 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:51 PM

View PostKoniving, on 01 June 2014 - 03:05 PM, said:

I'm aware, but it's been a PGI thing for Inner Sphere mechs that share absolutely no similarities (such as Firestarter and Victor heads. Quickdraw and Highlander bodies. Shadowhawk and Centurion arms. Etc. In some cases it'd make sense -- i.e. mechs made by the same 'companies' in lore would realistically share similarities. But in many cases here it's not so much because of canonical reasons.)

It is because it saves time since they can reuse models.

#111 Deathz Jester

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,107 posts
  • LocationOH, USA

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:07 PM

Inb4 "Clan Reinforcement Package" for $90

#112 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:16 PM

View PostCoffiNail, on 14 May 2014 - 09:11 AM, said:

Ghost Bear cries out for our beloved mad dog!

And the Kodiak!! :mellow:

Gawd, imagine a Ghost Bear 'Kodiak Package' as an extension to the clan mechs :)

Edited by White Bear 84, 12 June 2014 - 09:17 PM.

#113 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:22 PM

View PostGalaxyBluestar, on 16 May 2014 - 06:43 PM, said:

Posted Image

Oh myyy....

I remember this!! :)

#114 TibsVT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 421 posts
  • LocationIronhold (Sydney, Australia)

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:37 PM

Two of my absolute favourites. I totally agree.

#115 elitewolverine

• PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:16 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 12 June 2014 - 08:42 PM, said:

10/10 would pilot. :D

And just so i can keep this idea of loki going, another teaser of my at home no work today model...

Posted Image

#116 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:20 AM

My one suggestion is to shorten those barrels by maybe 50%. Looks crazy good though.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 13 June 2014 - 11:20 AM.

#117 theborgeffect

• Pip
  • Stone Cold
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:29 PM

I wanna see them get the Mad Dog in . However, maybe they should get the clan weapon ranges right first.

Also, there is some hope for the unseen mechs. If I remember correctly they did not lose the case based on copyright.However, they lost the case based on trademark. The good news is Trademark will be expiring soon.

I hope they will bring some second line non omni-mech clan mechs eventually. I don't think it would be a planetary with out them.

I don't understand why it takes so long to produce these mechs. Nettech 4 to 8 new mechs every 6 to 8 months in their packs. They were very well balanced. The time to develop a planetary is insanity. The first league had a balanced rules set and website with in 4 months,

Edited by theborgeffect, 06 July 2014 - 01:33 PM.

#118 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:40 PM

I would love to have the cauldron born. One of my favorites from MW3. I tried to make my TW into a cauldron born but failed miserably

#119 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:52 PM

Yeah. The TW has too big an engine to fit all the crap the Ebon Jaguar can fit. It is an incredible mech, really. That one, the Night Gyr, the Nova Cat, or other "slower" Clan mechs.

#120 Sniper09121986

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:54 AM

View PostGrimwill, on 06 July 2014 - 01:40 PM, said:

I would love to have the cauldron born. One of my favorites from MW3. I tried to make my TW into a cauldron born but failed miserably

Could have been no other way with Ebon Jaguar having 30 tons of pod space vs T-Wolf's 27.5 tons with EXACT SAME speed. Too bad we will have to wait until battle for Luthien for this one, Shadow Cat and Huntsman.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users