#81 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 19 May 2014 - 06:00 AM

The one on the top left is not a Ghost Bear :)

Posted Image
That, apparently is a Ghost Bear...

Posted Image

Even that in my opinion is not a good Ghost Bear.

#82 ChallengerCC

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 73 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 06:16 AM

MAAAAD fu.ck.ing DOG ak Vulture !!!

View PostNathan K, on 16 May 2014 - 11:16 AM, said:

Hm...

Needs a bigger "nose".

Oh man that thing is ugly as hell its a i dont know burn it before it lay eggs!
My favourit mech is Mad Dog so give it to me now (MW4 Trailer version please) ! ^^

Edited by ChallengerCC, 19 May 2014 - 06:23 AM.

#83 Keeshu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 470 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:41 AM

I find the 2 names for clan mechs to be a little silly (though I like that they have two names). Now, I really really like it because now I can always call the MW4 Mad Dog the Vulture. I didn't even know that that mech was a Mad Dog when I saw it, looked so drasticly different. So I always call the Mad Dog in MW4 the Vulture. I'll continue to call every other form of Mad Dog the Mad Dog.
I mean I like the MW4 version too, but the Normal versions of the Mad Dog look so much better. I wonder if PGI will make an exception and do both MW4 version and older versions of the Mad Dog because they are both good designs. I just drasticly prefer the older versions. I doubt they'll let the Mad Dog look all the way behind itself (and keep turning). Even though I couldn't stand trying to turn in that thing because it was so rediculously slow like an Atlas which led to me not really wanting to use the mech that much (still used it though cause it looks awesome and it has missles).

As for the Mad Dog that Iqfish made. Props for taking the time to do that, looks awesome for what you had to work with. However, to be brutally honest if I was told that was the in game model for the Mad Dog, I'd cringe so badly. If you were to call it a new mech design I'd be okay with that.

#84 Uncle Totty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:44 AM

View PostCoffiNail, on 19 May 2014 - 06:00 AM, said:

The one on the top left is not a Ghost Bear :)

Posted Image
That, apparently is a Ghost Bear...

I think I may have seen one eat a tauntaun somewhere sometime ago.

#85 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:13 AM

View PostNathan K, on 19 May 2014 - 08:44 AM, said:

View PostNathan K, on 19 May 2014 - 08:44 AM, said:

In a galaxy far far away..

#86 LiGhtningFF13

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationBetween the Flannagan's Nebulea and the Pleiades Cluster

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:59 PM

... again some guys just can't get enough!

#87 LiGhtningFF13

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationBetween the Flannagan's Nebulea and the Pleiades Cluster

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:52 AM

Maybe they add an advanced "Clan" package with some unknown variants, maybe the mad dog, who knows????

#88 mithril coyote

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 135 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:44 PM

View PostTodd Lightbringer, on 14 May 2014 - 01:43 PM, said:

I'm a little bit scared of them adding the Hellbringer. If I remember correctly the armor isn't exactly the best in the world, and the armaments are pretty meh at best.

the hellbringer has around 60% of max armor.. actually comparable to many IS mechs of similar mass for the time period. it gets ridiculed for weak armor not because it doesn't have a lot, but because most clan mechs mount near max armor, and clan weaponry allows for higher overall firepower.

that said, the Hellbringer devotes about half its mass to podspace.. if anyone survives long enough to actually breach your armor given the firepower your throwing down range, you've done something horribly horribly wrong along the line..

especially considering the loadout of the prime.. ECM, active probe. 1 energy HP per arm, 3 energy in the left torso, 1 missile and 2 ballistic in the right torso, 1 AMS in the head. add to that the targeting computer.

main downside is you'd need to add half ton MG ammo amounts to the game.

View PostPsycho Farmer, on 14 May 2014 - 05:09 PM, said:

I think the problem with the Hellbringer is the A-Pods

definitely a difficulty. with no infantry Apods have little use. though perhaps they could be reengineered in MWO to do something else. a low amount of area effect damage perhaps, or maybe some sort of obscuring smokescreen, etc.

Edited by mithril coyote, 20 May 2014 - 12:51 PM.

#89 Forte

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:04 PM

View Postmithril coyote, on 20 May 2014 - 12:44 PM, said:

the hellbringer has around 60% of max armor.. actually comparable to many IS mechs of similar mass for the time period. it gets ridiculed for weak armor not because it doesn't have a lot, but because most clan mechs mount near max armor, and clan weaponry allows for higher overall firepower.

that said, the Hellbringer devotes about half its mass to podspace.. if anyone survives long enough to actually breach your armor given the firepower your throwing down range, you've done something horribly horribly wrong along the line..

especially considering the loadout of the prime.. ECM, active probe. 1 energy HP per arm, 3 energy in the left torso, 1 missile and 2 ballistic in the right torso, 1 AMS in the head. add to that the targeting computer.

main downside is you'd need to add half ton MG ammo amounts to the game.

definitely a difficulty. with no infantry Apods have little use. though perhaps they could be reengineered in MWO to do something else. a low amount of area effect damage perhaps, or maybe some sort of obscuring smokescreen, etc.

Not nitpicking, but if we were to make the Hellbringer in MWO, we'd have to shave off either the ECM or the BAP. Everything I've seen with the two says they don't work together on the same mech (again not tried this myself as I don't own a DDC or any lights). So that saves us 1.5 tons (Sorry BAP ECM is king). You get your full ton of MG ammo now, and a ton more armor. As for the tons saved by APODs, what PGI could do is add in a couple options instead of Anti Infantry. Examples being: Coolant Pods (slightly explosive but like equippable Coolshots 1 use per pod), Chaff pods (a few shots of chaff to really screw up those locked on LRMS), Smoke Pods (Ninja Hellbringer Batman, you know you want it), etc. I'd have to look into the lore to find more but I'm pretty sure all of those have been used before.

#90 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:06 PM

View PostForte, on 20 May 2014 - 08:04 PM, said:

Not nitpicking, but if we were to make the Hellbringer in MWO, we'd have to shave off either the ECM or the BAP. Everything I've seen with the two says they don't work together on the same mech (again not tried this myself as I don't own a DDC or any lights). So that saves us 1.5 tons (Sorry BAP ECM is king). You get your full ton of MG ammo now, and a ton more armor. As for the tons saved by APODs, what PGI could do is add in a couple options instead of Anti Infantry. Examples being: Coolant Pods (slightly explosive but like equippable Coolshots 1 use per pod), Chaff pods (a few shots of chaff to really screw up those locked on LRMS), Smoke Pods (Ninja Hellbringer Batman, you know you want it), etc. I'd have to look into the lore to find more but I'm pretty sure all of those have been used before.

BAP even with ECM still increases your sensor range. The YLW had A-Pods IIRC, or at least the Claw, and that weight was converted to armor. If armor will not work, you can convert the two 0.5 ton A-Pods into a single additional DHS. Or, if the Hellbringer has half a ton of MGun ammo, convert it into one FULL ton of MGun ammo and half a ton more armor.

Easy options exist without having to invent new equipment that logically would serve no real purpose in a mech on mech fight.

#91 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:07 PM

View PostForte, on 20 May 2014 - 08:04 PM, said:

Everything I've seen with the two says they don't work together on the same mech (again not tried this myself as I don't own a DDC or any lights).

Check the left and center torso :)

They may not work well in current gameplay mechanics, but they do go together frequently enough.

#92 Keeshu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 470 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 06:26 AM

What alt. configs do you think they will use if Mad Dog gets in the game?

Alt Config. A:
1 ER PPC, 1 LB 5-X AC, 6 SRM 6
Alt Config. B:
2 ER Large Lasers, 3 Medium Pulse, 1 LRM 20, 2 Streak SRM 6
Alt Config. C:
2 Gauss Rifles

Everything after that has at least 1 weapon system we don't have yet.

Opinion time:
Personally I'm hoping for A and C because B is assymetrical and that bothers me. :D
As for Alt. Config. A, I'd be happy seeing this, because I'd probably just swap out the ballistic arm for one of the Energy arms and slap in another ER PPC. I get to have a splatcat, and a dual PPC sniper in the same mech, and it has a decent running speed! Though it's default loadout is probably more effective than doing that, but I don't care, Dual ppcs!

Alt. Config. B has a nice default loadout. I do wonder if the hardpoints are different enough to use though.

C is nice because of the omnipod system. Also we already have plenty of mechs running dual gauss so it's not like anyone is going to complain it's OP.

I was basicly just taking a bigger look at the other configs for Mad Dog last night since I never looked at them before except for when I was looking for a Jumpjet variant, because my dream mech would basicly be the Mad Dog but replace the large pulses with ER PPCs, and Medium Pulses with Jumpjets.. The Primary config is so solid that I never really felt the need to look at other configs before like I do with other mechs.

#93 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 06:31 AM

I can see B being skipped altogether. Well, except for the MPlas arm. They might just sell the B arm for the Mad Dog, which is something they said they might do with variants that are not worth a new frame altogether, because the ERLLas arm is just the stock 2E arm and the missile pods fit within the stock's pool of torso bays.

#94 Keeshu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 470 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:00 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 21 May 2014 - 06:31 AM, said:

I can see B being skipped altogether. Well, except for the MPlas arm. They might just sell the B arm for the Mad Dog, which is something they said they might do with variants that are not worth a new frame altogether, because the ERLLas arm is just the stock 2E arm and the missile pods fit within the stock's pool of torso bays.

Too lazy to look it up now, but I'm pretty sure there were supposed to be some XP bonus for using all the same omnipods. Also there's supposed to be some sort of quirks to some omnipods. But we don't have confirmation so we'll just have to wait and see.
So they could still add in the Alt Config B if they want. With that said I'm still rooting for A and C. Thanks for the comment, makes me feel more confident about us getting those two instead of B. ;)

#95 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:04 AM

Yeah, they said if you run a full set configuration you get some sort of bonus. However, they also said certain variants, like Nova Alpha, make no sense to make (entirely new core chassis of) as they are reproducible on other variants. In those cases, one off omni-pods might be offered like an arm or a torso.

For example, Summoner would most likely be Prime, Bravo, and Delta. Alpha and Charlie are basically the exact same hardpoints as Prime. Bravo is a missile boat configuration with 2M on both arms, Delta offers a tarcomp option, two ballistics (one per side torso), and 2E in both arms. Those three variants would give the most flexibility in omnipod configs.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 21 May 2014 - 09:17 AM.

#96 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:24 AM

The Hellbringer and Mad Dog need to make an appearances. I'd love to see an ECM Heavy in the game.

#97 Forte

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:46 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 14 May 2014 - 11:49 AM, said:

I just recall that in the Wolf Sourcebook the Linebacker is mentioned as a replacement for the "venerable Timberwolf" needed because the T-Wolf could not match the speed of its faster Starmates. This is what it says..

This is true, I read the same thing recently. However, that was only' Wolf's philosophy as other clans continue to use it, or reiterated on the design for other goals. I'd equate it to the Cataphract vs the Catapult. Both good mechs but different focus for each. Linebacker was meant as a faster heavy and Timber Wolf was a fast, harder heating heavy. Both worthwhile, but I think the tactics of Wolf shifted so that they needed something different, not necessarily making the Linebacker better.

Also, I know it is technically an old Mech, but I want a Wolf's Dragoon Archer, I think the HBK 4SP can load up similarly, but the style of the archer is quite nice.

#98 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:52 AM

View PostForte, on 26 May 2014 - 02:46 PM, said:

Also, I know it is technically an old Mech, but I want a Wolf's Dragoon Archer, I think the HBK 4SP can load up similarly, but the style of the archer is quite nice.

Morgan Kell's Archer hero 'Mech? With unique ECM module that makes you disappear from every players' HUD? :)

#99 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 27 May 2014 - 03:56 AM

View PostChallengerCC, on 19 May 2014 - 06:16 AM, said:

Oh man that thing is ugly as hell its a i dont know burn it before it lay eggs!
My favourit mech is Mad Dog so give it to me now (MW4 Trailer version please) ! ^^

Oh, why thank you :)

Much appreciated! Especially when it's such constructive criticism.

Again, it's made of MWO parts

#100 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:38 AM

I know im slightly late to this party, but here's a real ghost bear for you.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users