• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:15 AM

I know it is not official art, but every time I see that design I gush. Other people used the Mad Dog or Timber Wolf in MW2. I used the Hellbringer. Double ERPPC at max range ate targets in the campaign.

#42 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:20 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 15 May 2014 - 05:15 AM, said:

I know it is not official art, but every time I see that design I gush. Other people used the Mad Dog or Timber Wolf in MW2. I used the Hellbringer. Double ERPPC at max range ate targets in the campaign.

Pff. ERPPCs? Who needs them when you can have a Gargoyle with Gauss Rifles and a ton of small lasers? ;)

Well, actually in some mission you could use only lighter 'Mechs.. But i have never been a fan of the Hellbringer, while i love the Warhammer.

On the other hand, a warrior of my Clan loves it too!

#43 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:23 AM

View PostPsycho Farmer, on 14 May 2014 - 05:09 PM, said:

I think the problem with the Hellbringer is the A-Pods

View PostPariah Devalis, on 14 May 2014 - 05:12 PM, said:

Eh. A_Pods seems easy enough to solve. Use that tonnage for armor. Now the mech is slightly less crappy out of the box. ;)

Or they can actually add the A-Pods as an anti-mech "burst" weapon.

#44 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:24 AM

Pft, why waste 12 tons and ammo on a Gauss Rifle when you can purify the enemy with the azure flame of a particle cannon for the same amount of damage at half the tonnage?

But, then again, why should I expect a non-Nova Cat to understand the perfection that energy weapons embody. ;)

#45 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:25 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 15 May 2014 - 05:20 AM, said:

Pff. ERPPCs? Who needs them when you can have a Gargoyle with Gauss Rifles and a ton of small lasers? ;)

Well, actually in some mission you could use only lighter 'Mechs.. But i have never been a fan of the Hellbringer, while i love the Warhammer.

On the other hand, a warrior of my Clan loves it too!

All you need in MW2 is a Jenner IIC with 4 small pulse lasers.

#46 Featherwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:37 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 15 May 2014 - 05:24 AM, said:

But, then again, why should I expect a non-Nova Cat to understand the perfection that energy weapons embody. ;)

Warriors of many Clans can tell you about Gargoyle's Alt. Conf. D. How do you call it? The perfection of energy weapons embodiment? Meow.
It is strange for me to say it, but I keep fingers crossed for Clan Reinforcement Collection with rest 8 Omni-Mechs of the period, I want to see the redesign done by Alex Iglesias.

Edit: I bet you all have already seen the video with Tara the Warden Cat - glory to the cats! :lol:

Edited by Featherwood, 15 May 2014 - 05:43 AM.

#47 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:43 AM

View PostFeatherwood, on 15 May 2014 - 05:37 AM, said:

Warriors of many Clans can tell you about Gargoyle's Alt. Conf. D. How do you call it? The perfection of energy weapons embodiment? Meow.
It is strange for me say it, but I keep fingers crossed for Clan Reinforcement Collection with rest 8 Omni-Mechs of the period, I want to see the redesign done by Alex Iglesias.

Edit: I bet you all have already seen the video with Tara the Warden Cat - glory to the cats! ;)

Yep! I was at work when I saw that. That little cat outright tackled that dog. Had it coming!

Yeah, the only mech I would substitute from the initial 3050 lineup would be the Firemoth for the Arctic Cheetah. No MASC means it would be easier to implement, and comes with an ECM. Which we need.

#48 Name140704

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:43 AM

View PostOdanan, on 15 May 2014 - 05:23 AM, said:

Or they can actually add the A-Pods as an anti-mech "burst" weapon.

Command Console still doesn't have a purpose. I'm not holding my breath on new functionality.

#49 GunnyKintaro 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:51 AM

View PostGrimwill, on 13 May 2014 - 07:57 PM, said:

mad dog, linebacker and Kodiak
would be awesome

we can only hope!!!

#50 Edward Mattlov

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 388 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:01 AM

View PostOdanan, on 15 May 2014 - 05:13 AM, said:

Are you talking about me?
Posted Image
Spoiler

But don't worry, the Hellbringer/Loki, Mad Dog/Vulture will come soon enough. PGI will certainly release another Clan pack in a few months, with the 8 remaining "starter" omnimechs.

EDIT: more info about the next mechs here. Unfortunately, Supernova, Kodiak and Grizzly (as all other non-omni Clan mechs) probably won't make it to MWO (because of the 3 variants requirement).

Seyla! Excellent find!

#51 Keeshu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 470 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:12 AM

I would be surprised if Mad Dog wasn't added (and it's my favorite mech design too, and it has LRMs too). If only it had jumpjets (will never happen) and replaced the lasers with a PPC in each arm it'd be perfect for me.

Hellbringer I'm not too sure about, but I'd be slightly surprised if he's not in. I won't be complaining about it if it doesn't make it in though. I do have a slight bias for seeing the Hellbringer on the battlefield though. Like Marauder and Warhammer, it used PPCs and had a design that looked good and went well with the PPC theme, even though I almost never used those mechs. However, the biggest bias is from that moon mission where you have to defend the hellbringer from a bunch of mechs. It's pretty awesome just having the Hellbringer and myself fighting 5+ mechs at the same time throughout the mission and then coming out of it without much damage. A defense mission where the thing you are defending can hold it's own (but still requiring a lot of your help to succeed) is something rediculously rare in games. usually they are either useless or you are not needed.... Makes me wonder if that's another one of the missions where you're supposed to add lancemates, because when I was a kid, I didn't know you could add lancemates in the campaigns.

Also, nice concept for the Hellbringer. ;)

Though, currently Mad Dog and Shadowcat are the 2 mechs I'm waiting for right now (mainly Mad Dog though). Still going through all the Mechs on Sarna and judging them by design + loadouts. So many mechs that have never been in a mechwarrior game before. I don't really think I'll find a mech focused on missles (doesn't matter what type of missles), using a PPC (or two), jumpjets, and still having decent speed (I like going fast, I put max engines in almost every mech in MWO), all while having a good design that makes me go "MUST HAVE!" (which is rare in of itself). The search continues!

#52 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:27 AM

View PostOdanan, on 15 May 2014 - 05:13 AM, said:

Are you talking about me?
Posted Image
Spoiler

But don't worry, the Hellbringer/Loki, Mad Dog/Vulture will come soon enough. PGI will certainly release another Clan pack in a few months, with the 8 remaining "starter" omnimechs.

EDIT: more info about the next mechs here. Unfortunately, Supernova, Kodiak and Grizzly (as all other non-omni Clan mechs) probably won't make it to MWO (because of the 3 variants requirement).

I approve of that concept. As well as the unit decal :)

#53 ShadowWolf Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:38 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 15 May 2014 - 05:15 AM, said:

Waiting for the Hellbringer and ShadowCat as well. Favorite mechs from MW2 Mercs onwards and had a lot of fun with them.

Mad Dog was fun with dual ER PPCs as well, especially with it's 360 degree torso twist.

#54 Grimmrog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:46 AM

Well, the Linebacker looks like a fat Nova. unfortunately PGI made the Nova having a Torsotwist. And therefore the result of the Linebacker would be similar non Linebacker like. That low profle bulky Linebacker is quite nice looking. like a little dog on steroids.

I would like to see the Supernova.

#55 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:50 AM

Oh yes the Mad Dog please.
I am a huge fan of that chassis and threw together a Mad Dog for MWO of parts from mechs that are already existing in MWO

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#56 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:25 AM

Honestly, while I give him credit for the effort, I think his mashup of the Mad Dog is absolutely horrible. Instead of sleek it looks reminiscent of the Prometheus.

#57 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:31 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 16 May 2014 - 05:25 AM, said:

Honestly, while I give him credit for the effort, I think his mashup of the Mad Dog is absolutely horrible. Instead of sleek it looks reminiscent of the Prometheus.

Well he had to do it with the parts already in MWO and the Mad Dog is not exactly easy to make ..

#58 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:34 AM

Think he would have had better results had he started on a Dragon and gone from there, IMO. At least then it would have the nose proportion.

#59 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:05 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 16 May 2014 - 05:25 AM, said:

That's not nice but it's feedback.

I have no experience in making my own assets or texturing them, I only did a mashup.
I'm really happy with the result and that is how the Mad Dog should look like in my opinion.

While I accept your feedback, it's still not a nice thing to call something someone put a lot time and effort in "absolutely horrible" until you either pay me for that or can do a better thing.

#60 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:08 AM

I'm sorry if it came off as too harsh. It simply does not, to me, look anything like a mad dog. However, I hate pure criticism which is why I also added starting from a dragon would be a better starting point. It would, at the least, get you closer to the shape.

How much I personally dislike the mad dog design you did surprised me, as well, as I very much enjoyed the other mashups.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users