until you go over a slight bump at max speed and both your legs blow off

Yeah, but... totally worth it.

#42 Dan Nashe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 606 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:02 PM

1. I can't buy anything until I know and can build it on smurfys. Until the hardpoints and variants and critical slots are released, this is impossible. Unlike I.S. mechs, just knowing equipment and hard points on a variant is no information.

2. I hesitate to invest until I'm sure clan balance hasn't ruined game.

3. Need 3 variants to play a mech. That coukd be over $45 worth of mc for one non special variant... and may be over $55. Too much.

4. Unique geometry? Confirmed? People might get a competitive advantage I can never duplicate? Could cost me as a player if too egregious.

5. I am really thinking about quitting until the summoner is available for cbills. Or at least the nova. Even if clans are balanced, dying to technology I cannot use will always feel awful. Unlike a new chassis, clan weapons are fundamentally different.

They really ought to front load the nova or summoner for cbills to june 31. Middle weight so everyone can play.

And no, I'm not just cheap. $250 into this game since 02/13 (over $15 a month). And I don't ever buy premium. I hate free to play games' pricing structures. A full wow subscription doesn't even get you half an ftp games content.

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 16 May 2014 - 05:34 PM.
Just making it easier to read

#43 Stunner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 236 posts
  • LocationNM

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:05 PM

Why is it that the mechs aren't released for Cbills for a month after MC. That seems a little long. they really really want people to pay real money for these mechs.

#44 Tynan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 277 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:05 PM

So there won't be any Clan mechs available for MC until August, and not even one of each weight class until the end of September.

They know how many preorders they have....but does this have anyone else thinking that the vast majority of the game will continue to be IS vs. IS until basically October?

#45 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:06 PM

Helluva wait for the warhawk, im only buying one mech through ala tard and this formula didnt help narrow down my options at ALL.

#46 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:06 PM

View PostStunner, on 16 May 2014 - 03:05 PM, said:

Why is it that the mechs aren't released for Cbills for a month after MC. That seems a little long. they really really want people to pay real money for these mechs.

Pre-order is pre-order. If they let mechs get purchased too soon then it undermines the value of ordering early. Of course, that comes with its own downsides. Not only do the people who pre-order the mechs get them sooner, but they get the dubious honor of discovering as of yet undetected flaws with the omni-system or the mechs themselves.

#47 Cest7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,781 posts
  • LocationMaple Ditch

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:07 PM

This is a cool schedule.

the c-bill release is way delayed though.

#48 Shikata nai

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:08 PM

How about just giving us more detailed information about Clantech and the Variants we can expect... i'm sure it would rise your selling of clanpackages.
I have this bad feeling that you know this and do not have enough solid information to release :/

#49 Dan Nashe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 606 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:10 PM

View PostTynan, on 16 May 2014 - 03:05 PM, said:

So there won't be any Clan mechs available for MC until August, and not even one of each weight class until the end of September.

They know how many preorders they have....but does this have anyone else thinking that the vast majority of the game will continue to be IS vs. IS until basically October?

Or clan v clan as everyone who didn't pre order quits for 2-4 months based on the perceived superiority of clan mechs. (Unless clan mechs are clearly Bad, you know everyone who doesn't own them will feel they are better... prepare for forum is v clan qq wars :-p).

#50 Toothless

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 861 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:16 PM

It's a month out and we know nothing about anything. : /

#51 Dan Nashe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 606 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:16 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 16 May 2014 - 03:06 PM, said:

Pre-order is pre-order. If they let mechs get purchased too soon then it undermines the value of ordering early. Of course, that comes with its own downsides. Not only do the people who pre-order the mechs get them sooner, but they get the dubious honor of discovering as of yet undetected flaws with the omni-system or the mechs themselves.

Delay, sure!
But over 8 months delay?
Surely they could release 2 a month at least, starting 30 days after they become available.
First tuesday July: 2 mc chassis
Third Tuesday July: 2 cbill
Repeat.

Normally the wait is 2-3 weeks.
If I'm a heavy pilot I'm waiting 5 months to even Try clan tech: the first new game development in years.

#52 SweetJackal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 968 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:20 PM

View PostDanNashe, on 16 May 2014 - 03:02 PM, said:

1. I can't buy anything until I know and can build it on smurfys. Until the hardpoints and variants and critical slos are released, this is impossible. Unlike I.S. mechs, just knowing equipment and hard points on a variant is no information.

2. I hesitate to invest until I'm sure clan balancehasn't ruined game.

3. Need 3 variants to play a mech. That coukd be over $45 worth of mc for one non special variant... and may be over $55. Too much.

4. Unique geometry? Confirmed? People might get a competitive advantage I can never duplicate? Could cost me as a player if too egregious.

5. I am really thinking about quitting until the summoner is available for cbills. Or at least the nova. Even if clans are balanced, dying to technology I cannot use will always feel awful. Unlike a new chassis, clan weapons are fudamentally different.

They really ought to front load the nova or summoner for cbills to june 31. Middle weight so everyone can play.

Well, the good news is that you don't need to worry about Unique Geometry. That's PGI's Buzz Word for "League Of Legends Skin." I think the word came around when the Art Team thought Skins as literal Model Skins and gave us Camos and Paints, when players use the word Skins to refer to new character models. Either way, I am 99.9% positive that the collision mesh and hitbox hasn't been changed by "Unique Geometry" up to this point.

My real concern is locking high count ballistic hardpoint clan mechs from the players for an excessive period of time. Locking out new tech and mechanics from the free player base makes it very easy to create a situation where people are paying to an advantage, a situation that has already happened once with the CTF-IM when the UAC/5 was brokenly over powered.

(Just a preface to explain to the confused on that last statement. It was a balance issue and plenty of mechs could mount UAC/5s. The problem was that the CTF was the best chassis to mount 3 of them, being 5 tons heavier than the Jager meant that it could mount 3 UAC/5s without compromising on Armor or Ammo. Of the CTF variants only the IM and the 4X could mount 3 UAC/5s yet the IM was the optimized build. The 4X sacrificed for a 4th ballistics hardpoint that was unable to be used when abusing the brokeness of the old UAC/5 when the IM exchanged that useless 4th hardpoint for another energy hardpoint. Overall the difference was one medium laser but that is still a full ML of more firepower. It's about the same as if the Hero Banshee would have had Jump Jets as it's original design intended, we would have had the only 95 ton poptart being locked behind a paywall. Other Assaults can poptart but that mech would have been the best choice for it.)

(Final Edit: Before people try to point out that I am just being an impatient freeloader, I personally couldn't care less about piloting a clan mech. You likely won't see me on the field in one, my concern and worries come from the health of the game and it's playerbase being harmed by segregation of Paying Players from Free Players in it's many forms.)

Edited by SuckyJack, 16 May 2014 - 03:26 PM.

#53 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:21 PM

View PostCathy, on 16 May 2014 - 02:07 PM, said:

How they did the phoenix packages, but it hardly effects me, as I shall be either playing I.S mechs killing clan traitor slavers or long gone if/when the balance is screwed up by clan weapons

But i don't know what a Movember is...

#54 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,619 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:23 PM

Makes no difference to me. Once I have the War Hawk aka Masakari, I'll have the whole set. And all I'll have do is wait for 17th June!

#55 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:24 PM

View PostDanNashe, on 16 May 2014 - 03:10 PM, said:

Or clan v clan as everyone who didn't pre order quits for 2-4 months based on the perceived superiority of clan mechs. (Unless clan mechs are clearly Bad, you know everyone who doesn't own them will feel they are better... prepare for forum is v clan qq wars :-p).

I may just abandon the forums entirely for that period.

View PostWolfways, on 16 May 2014 - 03:21 PM, said:

But i don't know what a Movember is...

Moving stuff in November.

I do not know if that is how PGI is using it - but up here in Alaska, it is very popular to move (into/out of/around the state) in November, so here at least the month has the common nickname of Movember (or it was a typo)

#56 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:24 PM

View PostSuckyJack, on 16 May 2014 - 03:20 PM, said:

My real concern is locking high count ballistic hardpoint clan mechs from the players for an excessive period of time. Locking out new tech and mechanics from the free player base makes it very easy to create a situation where people are paying to an advantage, a situation that has already happened once with the CTF-IM when the UAC/5 was brokenly over powered.

Fortunately, the only mech out of the list that can actually boat ballistics properly is the Dire Wolf, and that is in the first half of the release schedule. Mostly fixed tonnage limitations makes boating ballistics, even on the Timber Wolf, difficult. At most you can cram in two class-5s in a Timber Wolf with 5 tons of ammo, after that you better lean on missiles or energy.

#57 Monsoon

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:33 PM

Interesting how people are complaining about the 'wait' for the MadCat or Masakari, but if they had just stuck with the 1/month release schedule like they did with Phoenix/Reforcement pack, you'd have had to wait until December/January respectively. That's one and two months sooner. Though I am surprised with the delay between the first mechs for MC and then CBills release. I didn't expect so much time of have having them exclusively because of pre-order.

View PostPariah Devalis, on 16 May 2014 - 03:06 PM, said:

I'm not sure I'd say it undermined anything. Even if they released the KitFox on June 17th for MC, I'd bet the individual costs of buying the three mechs would be greater, and you wouldn't get any of the extras/incentives. I don't have a problem with the current release schdule, but if they decided to rethink it and move up the dates, I'd be fine with that as well.

And for those 'confused' by Movember...

http://ca.movember.com/

#58 Sniper09121986

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:35 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 16 May 2014 - 02:38 PM, said:

Indeed. Flea means the Firemoth is good to go! :)

Aff, but so would be, drumroll... http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Executioner

#59 Runs With Scissors

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 123 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:37 PM

I like the release schedule, I wont have to wait a year to get a Masakari, only 6 months. (not being sarcastic)

Of course if I had any information on what the heck is going on with clantech I would only be waiting a month, just saying.

#60 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:37 PM

View PostSniper09121986, on 16 May 2014 - 03:35 PM, said:

Aff, but so would be, drumroll... http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Executioner

Was thinking about that. If the hit detection issue is on mechs exceeding a certain speed, then MASC should not preclude the Executioner or the Shadow Cat from release. If it is the sudden change in speed, that might mess with hit detection a hair. Specifically if rapidly toggled on and off, but one imagines a small cooldown between mode shifts could solve that, no?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users