well i caved, just bought the timberwolf an stormcrow, the rest i can wait for,

#82 Sir Roland MXIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:18 PM

Oh hey, this explains to what degree on any given day through November of this year that MW:O is a pay2win game. Thanks! :)

#83 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:19 PM

View PostSuckyJack, on 16 May 2014 - 04:56 PM, said:

Again, there has been no word as if PGi will be sticking to Pod Space Tonnage, at all. The question isn't how many UAC/5s can be crammed in, it's more about how it looks with class 10s or class 20s.

And to put things in perspective, imagine how the game would be perceived if the Jager wasn't released as a normal mech and was instead in the place of the Thud in the Phoenix Package. A situation where one of the only mechs able to mount 2 AC/20s was locked behind a paywall for months.

Not saying that 2 AC/20s is a god-tier, best of the best build. Rather it is a build that exploits and abuses the lack of awareness of other players, same with the old Splat-Cats. What would make it unfair is if only those that paid in advance would be allowed to exploit a lack of situational awareness to such an extreme degree for months before regular players were allowed to love the cheese themselves.

Remember, I'm not talking about well rounded builds. I'm not even all that concerned about 50.5 tons of heavy ballistic pod-space dropping on the field for the Clan side as we should have our Mauler before then. My concern sits with the One-Trick-Pony builds (The Errant Light Horse Rejects *badum-tish*) that would be unique to Clanners getting locked behind paywalls for months at a time and how that will affect the game itself.

We are still talking about known numbers (weapon tonnage, ammo tonnage) and fixed amount of play with regards to customization (the key item here being locked engine sizes). That 28 tons of room I told you was not a randomly generated value. That is the total weight of the mech's endosteel, total weight of the mech's engine, total weight of the mech's fixed heat sinks, and total weight of the armor even after being reduced by half a ton. Except for the armor, these are fixed. Solid. Values.

Stock armor, you end up with 27.5 tons of space. Call it pod space, call it "room to stuff crap into." You can get a hair more if you shave armor off, but you can only do so much without impacting the survivability of the mech.

After that, just crunch the numbers. Literally, you have to argue against the math.

Remember, the original statement that was given was a desire to avoid a mech that can boat ballistics being limited to a mech that is 6 months away. To boat something, you need more than just two of a type. You can, theoretically, slap on three class 5 autocannons of either sort on a Timber Wolf, but the ammo count is low and there is zero backup firepower. Granted, it works on an Ilya or Jagermech (which, generally, pack 8-9 tons of ammunition for the similar builds). Then there is the Adder which can, in theory, carry a pair of UAC2 or LB2X, but with an incredibly tiny amount of ammunition to feed it.

However, undermining that concern is that the only mech that can comfortably carry 3+ ballistics without sacrificing a heck of a lot of anything is the Dire Wolf, and that sucker comes out in August, which puts it half way through the release schedule, not near the end. Combined, it makes me think the concern for ballistic boats being stuck behind an excessive time gate for free players is not of any real concern.

Summoner has too little free tonnage to do much with if you go ballistic heavy (22.5 tons after you solve the mech's armor issue). Warhawk can only pack, what, two ballistics when you mix and match (actual hardpoint limitations here, even with omnirules)?

On a more competitive side of things:

I fully expect the "Clan Meta" to revolve around the ERPPC, which is both light, at 6 tons, and historically extremely dangerous (at 15 damage, though this may or may not be tweaked by PGI's balance team, though I sincerely hope not given the before mentioned ballistic concerns). It is also easy to install on any of the Clan mechs.

I also expect the competitive Clan mechs to be the Kit Fox with ECM (if that variant is released), the Nova with two ERPPC, the Summoner with two ERPPC (if the Delta is released), and the Dire Wolf (take your pick, but probably Prime arms with Bravo side torsos). All four are the first half of releases.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 16 May 2014 - 05:31 PM.

#84 Toadkillerdog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 178 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:21 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 16 May 2014 - 04:08 PM, said:

To those who are wondering about other Mechs: Assuming no hiccups in testing or conflicts in release strategy, we still hope to have our usual week one Hero Mech releases and week three Mech of the Month releases each month alongside the Clan Mech releases.

To those who have mentioned concerns regarding how the Clans will affect the game: We can only find out once we get there, This schedule will hopefully help you decide whether you want to pre-order some a la carte or by collection now, or await the release of them later.

To those eager for more information about the Clan Mechs themselves: We hope to address more concerns like these in the coming weeks, along with presenting more screenshots and we even have a teaser in the works!

ah, finally what I've been waiting for. I suppose I'll find out soon if this applies to May, but I was wondering if there would be mechs coming out for cbills soon, too. Any chance we can get word on those, like IS or Clan at least? The lack of an actual mech last month had me worried I'd be waiting until august to play with any new toys.

#85 AceTimberwolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • Location春日部市、埼玉県、日本; アメリカ: Arcadia, CA

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:25 PM

So when is it time for me to come back? I did pre-order the entire mech collection so should I come back on that day or wait for balance?
I know you guys miss me considering the messages lol

#86 GalaxyBluestar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:26 PM

absolutely no surprises here. confirmed clans for c-bills only, enjoy the endless grind to master any of these mechs so P2 access is certainly on the cards here.

and is it just me who thinks it's rediculous that the company planed a release in december - 5 months still can't tell us what the products are other than art and some pre plans, no concrete material as to what you are buying, but don't worry we can confirm the release dates for the products we're unsure what they'll be yet?

i'll reiterate what would get me TO SPEND MONEY on these things.

demonstrations of weapons equipment and omni pods, remember this is just burst fire on the field this is inventry and mechlab adjustments and 1 month to go and we've seen no beta of this working let alone ready to implement in the game. totally dodgey.

weapon values, just how nerfed are these weapons? for sure it's a risk to stop sales but it could also drive sales if we knew what was coming like damage values cooldown values GH values targetting computer and what it does etc. because as of now only fan bois are risking the dough.

match maker, any demonstrations how clans will be used here? is stars still on the backburner is the 10+ ton limit still a factor? we're only just getting the last mech models revealed a month before so much has to be delievered, it's either not going to be on time or there'll be 101 bugs to sort out that buying a madcat for c-bills will be the same time this stuff actually works.

marketing 101 RELIEVE BUYERS RISKS, MAKE OFFERS, PROVE YOUR PRODUCT IS WORTH THE MONEY! the giveaway trinkets as social rewards show these have been ineffective for enticing customers, actuall content like the mech reveals did some work but really step your game up pgi, give us the faction tags, the stats, screw the phoenix model it's clearly not generating enough sales this time round.

pass that on niko, that is team pgi's goal over the month, forefill that and people will be confident to buy up.

Edited by GalaxyBluestar, 16 May 2014 - 09:26 PM.

#87 Asmosis

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:51 PM

So does this mean we're getting community warfare with the arrival of clans?

#88 Harmatia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 434 posts
  • LocationRed Deer, AB

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:30 PM

You know what would be awesome? A release schedule for Community Warfare. I know things take time, but it was last fall when "phase 1" was detailed, and the information given was essentially how guilds/clans/corps (whatever you want to call it) would work. Why does it take that long to implement a system that binds like-minded players together into a unit of solidarity? That should have been out by now.

#89 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:35 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 16 May 2014 - 05:03 PM, said:

More Heros based on Clan mechs will certainly be considered down the line. :)
Just make sure about the teeth thing. Like, be ABSOLUTELY certain. As in, submit a formal notarized letter threatening to quit if the hero mech does not have teeth painted on which are visible both in normal and thermal vision.

If need be I will cut out and mail the exact passage in the book where that is mentioned to you.

#90 StormDll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:41 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 16 May 2014 - 05:03 PM, said:

More Heros based on Clan mechs will certainly be considered down the line. :)

Say something about сlanteсh weapons and modules! T-comp, etc...

#91 Tastian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 768 posts
  • LocationLayton, UT USA

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:49 PM

I bought the Puma collection about a month ago figuring it was the 'best deal'. Any of the collections cause the mechs to be $30 a piece. The Puma collection is the first collection that introduces 5 warhorns, 5 badges and comes with the max of 90 days premium time. I can buy the rest of the mechs with cbills later. Compare this with buying mechs a la carte with no goodies

#92 Praslek2

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:52 PM

Nope.

#93 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,624 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:13 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 16 May 2014 - 04:08 PM, said:

To those who are wondering about other Mechs: Assuming no hiccups in testing or conflicts in release strategy, we still hope to have our usual week one Hero Mech releases and week three Mech of the Month releases each month alongside the Clan Mech releases.

To those who have mentioned concerns regarding how the Clans will affect the game: We can only find out once we get there, This schedule will hopefully help you decide whether you want to pre-order some a la carte or by collection now, or await the release of them later.

To those eager for more information about the Clan Mechs themselves: We hope to address more concerns like these in the coming weeks, along with presenting more screenshots and we even have a teaser in the works!

I'm with Nikolai on this. No way to tell how they [Clan `Mechs] will affect the game till that bridge is burned to crispy ash. All I can say is: take a wait and see approach and go from there. Good post by the way, Nick.

#94 Butane9000

• Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:22 PM

Releasing faster then everyone anticipated?

good.

Post riddled with typos and errors?

Humorous.

#95 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:29 PM

This way, everyone has a chance to get one before CW starts.

#96 Phobic Wraith

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 252 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:34 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 16 May 2014 - 01:48 PM, said:

Movember 2014

• Week 2
    • Timber Wolf available for
  • Week 4
    • Warhawk available for

We hope you are just as eager to see these 'Mechs on the battlefield as we are!

All I can see are 'mechs with mustaches now.

#97 Thoummim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 273 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:54 PM

And I thought the phoenix were shameless.

The worse is I don't know who to blame, PGI or the idiotics players (myself include see my overlord badge of shame) who support their unfair business model.

Edited by Thoummim, 16 May 2014 - 07:55 PM.

#98 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:28 PM

Awesome, I look forward to not playing for two months while I wait for the clan mechs to come out properly.

#99 Corbenik

• The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:51 PM

Sorry dumb question but , What do the numbers mean on the Unique content part starting from the Puma and Up (7,9,13,17)?

#100 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:53 PM

View PostCorbenik, on 16 May 2014 - 08:51 PM, said:

Sorry dumb question but , What do the numbers mean on the Unique content part starting from the Puma and Up (7,9,13,17)?

Total bonus content.
8 - Warhorns (like what the Hero Highlander has)
4 - Hanging Medalions
1 - Wallpapers
4 - Modules

Edit added numbers for highest tier (that 17)

Edited edit: I have a fairly large monitor and the details are kinda tricky to read even on it. :ph34r:

Edited by Shar Wolf, 16 May 2014 - 08:54 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users