Patch 1.3.294 Is Live!

400 replies to this topic

#41 xCico

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Gold Champ
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:56 AM

What an awesome patch!!!

Edited by Almighty Cico, 20 May 2014 - 10:46 AM.

#42 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

View PostStaggerCheck, on 20 May 2014 - 09:55 AM, said:

Great that the limit for more than one team has been fixed. Does that mean that 12-mans are still able to drop in the standard queue, or has that been squashed, as well?

That was squashed last patch.

#43 Apnu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationMidWest

View Postzhajin, on 20 May 2014 - 09:46 AM, said:

except srm fixes were suppose to be in the first patch of the month, but instead we got, well nothing...

oh and the last major game change was the last patch of last month. which of course failed miserably but we are still waiting on 3/3/3/3...

so Ill keep my SERIOUSLY for now and then go to [terra] in June...

Well they don't do game mechanic patches in the 2nd patch of the month, since they missed the deadline for the May 6th patch for SRMs, the next available place for them is in the June 3rd patch. Get worked up all you want about SRMs, just don't fool yourself into thinking they were ever going to be in this patch. There was zero evidence they would be in. That's my only point.

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 22 May 2014 - 07:43 PM.
Cleaning up quote

#44 DjPush

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Great! Another week of Firestarter swarms!

#45 Felbombling

• 2,978 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:57 AM

Thanks Bilbo. I had a feeling it was, but couldn't remember for sure.

#46 arghmace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 845 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:57 AM

View PostStaggerCheck, on 20 May 2014 - 09:55 AM, said:

Great that the limit for more than one team has been fixed. Does that mean that 12-mans are still able to drop in the standard queue, or has that been squashed, as well?

12 mans dropping against pugs was already fixed a week or two ago. However this one group per team folly is a recipe for disaster. Especially in higher Elo ranges players simply do not drop alone. They drop in groups. How is the MM supposed to work?

#47 Featherwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:58 AM

I can tolerate tons of baubles for MC, applaud to finally money-worth bundles for new players and appreciate Trebuchet revision, but I won't believe to your words about MM bugfix until I saw it with my eyes - an old bird is not caught with chaff ;)

P.S. Nice cammo on hero-trenchbucket, I even have felt an impulse to buy it, but... no. Give me instead information about Clan OmniMechs: variants, ClanTech design details and something extra.

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 22 May 2014 - 07:46 PM.
Unconstructive

#48 Effectz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 349 posts
  • LocationDublin

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:59 AM

Still nothing about 3/3/3/3 and srm fixes.

but hey,buy more stuff!

#49 DjPush

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:59 AM

View Postarghmace, on 20 May 2014 - 09:50 AM, said:

What happens when at any given time most of the players dropping are in a group?
That's right, players don't get games.
I don't understand this one group per team restriction. What's wrong with having 3 groups of 4 on both teams? That's balanced, right?

You are being sarcastic. Right? I cant remember ever seeing both sides have the same amount of premades.

#50 Jam the Bam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:01 AM

Seriously? Is that all?

I give up, this is getting ridiculous, no balance changes, no updates, very few bug fixes, certainly no expansion, what the hell is going on?

And for the last time: NEW MECHS ARE NOT CONTENT!

#51 Effectz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 349 posts
  • LocationDublin

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:04 AM

View PostJammerben87, on 20 May 2014 - 10:01 AM, said:

Seriously? Is that all?

I give up, this is getting ridiculous, no balance changes, no updates, very few bug fixes, certainly no expansion, what the hell is going on?

I guess that bottleneck is back.

#52 Hellen Wheels

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,326 posts
  • LocationDraconis March

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:05 AM

I think this
  • Fixed an issue in matchmaking logic which provided more than one group per team.
is a poorly worded way of saying, that the MM will no longer allow one team to be overloaded with one or multiple groups whilst the other side has none or less.

At least I think that was the intent of the fix and the statement. We shall see.

Edited by Hellen Wheels, 20 May 2014 - 10:06 AM.

#53 Livewyr

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:06 AM

I could've sworn I've seen a MM queue status suggestion somewhere in the forums.. (maybe mine?)

Thanks for the update, looking forward to the next one.

#54 Kyynele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 973 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:06 AM

View PostDjPush, on 20 May 2014 - 09:59 AM, said:

You are being sarcastic. Right? I cant remember ever seeing both sides have the same amount of premades.

Really, most of the top level games mostly consist of premades, on both sides. 2x 3-4 mans per each side is normal. If this change goes in and works, I don't see any other way for it to function but to broaden the elo ranges a lot, meaning that the premades you get in low elo PUGs in your team will be much higher caliber than you're used to. GLHF.

#55 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:07 AM

View PostJammerben87, on 20 May 2014 - 10:01 AM, said:

Seriously? Is that all?

What new mechs? All I see are rehashes of old mechs. That's all I've seen for the last two months.

Edited by ThomasMarik, 20 May 2014 - 10:08 AM.

#56 M0rpHeu5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 956 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:07 AM

Today with my laserboat of 43 alpha power i alphad arownd 10 times(the crossairs went red) and died to see that i did ~130 damage. One apha was on a standing still spider which didn't even care

In short this patch is meaningless to me.

Edited by M0rpHeu5, 20 May 2014 - 10:09 AM.

#57 arghmace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 845 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:08 AM

View PostDjPush, on 20 May 2014 - 09:59 AM, said:

Yes, teams having different amount of premades is a problem. But why cannot PGI just make the MM so that it matches a correspondent amount of premades to both sides instead of implementing hard limits that are bound to cause problems?

#58 Karl Berg

Technical Director

• 497 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:09 AM

View PostBront, on 20 May 2014 - 09:12 AM, said:

Sounds pretty minor though. No 3-3-3-3 matchmaker fix yet apparently.

3/3/3/3 *is* enabled with this patch, although we may disable the feature depending on player behaviour. We have detailed analytics built into the matchmaker for this patch that gives us realtime feedback on each wait queue for each weight class; as well as new analytics that tell us exact matchmaking queue composition. The success of this feature depends on maintaining balanced queue sizes, which is why we've provided the new queue display functionality in the frontend of the game client.

#59 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:10 AM

View PostKyynele, on 20 May 2014 - 10:06 AM, said:

Really, most of the top level games mostly consist of premades, on both sides. 2x 3-4 mans per each side is normal. If this change goes in and works, I don't see any other way for it to function but to broaden the elo ranges a lot, meaning that the premades you get in low elo PUGs in your team will be much higher caliber than you're used to. GLHF.

Know what this tells me? The LRMQQpocalyse is going to raaaaaaaaaaaage.

#60 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:11 AM

in all the packages, Cost per package is less than Hero + 30 Days PT + 3 Mech Bays (All stuff you need MC for). Very nicely done. It illustrates the stupidity of the 3D(C) pricing though, as well as how XL engines throw off the MC cost when you look at how much is saved though..

Light Pack
Ember + 30 PT + 3 MB = 6025 (Light Pack costs 4350, a 1675 MC Savings)

Medium Pack
YLW + 30 PT + 3 MB = 7150 (Medium Pack costs 6500, a 650 MC Savings)

Heavy Pack
Ilya+ 30 PT + 3 MB = 8650 (Heavy Pack costs 8220, a 430 MC Savings)

Assault Pack
Misery + 30 PT + 3 MB = 9775 (Assault Pack costs 8785, and 990 MC Savings)

End result, they all save you money if you were looking to buy all these things, though only 2 save you the equivalent cost of the Mech Bays.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users