- - - - -

Camo Questions

9 replies to this topic

#1 Ishameal

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:13 PM

How does camo / color customization work exactly? I know cockpit decorations can only be put into a single mech.

I'm just starting now despite buying a founder pack a long time ago. I was thinking about messing with the look of my mechs, but I saw some older posts that made it sound like camos were only unlocked for a specific mech. Is that still the case and are colors at least unlocked for all mechs?

I would consider buying a few camo patterns if I could use them across mech models, I'll probably just keep the default forever if they have to be paid for on a per mech basis.

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:16 PM

You can take said decorations out and put them in other mechs.

I'll dig up the info from a really good detailed post of mine. Gimme a moment, in a match.
Inside spoiler.
Spoiler

Other paint examples. Hunchback line.

View PostKoniving, on 10 May 2014 - 09:29 PM, said:

<.<
Spoiler

Because of how frequently I get colors and patterns, I won't buy them unless they're on sale.
Sales occur just about every Friday at 1 PM Eastern (10 AM Pacific).

Edited by Koniving, 22 May 2014 - 01:53 PM.

#3 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:16 PM

Was starting to define it, then saw Koniving was viewing, and got lazy - lets see what the master has to say - and then I can possibly fill in any potential gaps :wub:

#4 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:21 PM

You have single shots, and unlockable. Unlockable seem to work on every mech of the same variant where as one shots work on one mech and one mech only but at a fraction of the cost. So if you bought something for say a FS9-H, if it was a one shot only good for him, a unlokcable would work on all your FS9 variants. As far as colors, you buy them once and use them on any number of mechs in any combination at no extra cost after the intial purchase.

Edited by DarthRevis, 22 May 2014 - 01:32 PM.

#5 SethAbercromby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:28 PM

Camo patterns are either single use or unlock. Single use refers to the pattern being only applied to that 'Mech once and if you ever change it for whatever reason, it's lost and you have to buy it again. Unlock will make that pattern available to all Variants of the Chassis and can be applied and changed as often as you like.

If you don't buy a special pattern, you can still customize your 'Mech with colors, most of which cost MC. These colors however can be applied to any 'Mech as often as you like, which is why you definitely should get colors first and patterns second.

Camo has no effect on targeting or game systems and only have an optical effect. If you camo matches the terrain, you will be less visible to the eye in specific situations but you'll still be detected and targeted as normal when you're in sensor range.

#6 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:33 PM

View PostIshameal, on 22 May 2014 - 01:13 PM, said:

I would consider buying a few camo patterns if I could use them across mech models, I'll probably just keep the default forever if they have to be paid for on a per mech basis.

So - lazy summary time

Camo:
Version 1: One use, one chassis (is there till you replace it, then gone for good)
Version 2: permanent unlock for all variants of one chassis

Paint:
Version only: Permanent unlock for all variants of all chassis.

#7 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:43 PM

Updated it. Was in combat. You know fighting a Gauss and 3 AC/2 4X and flipping through threads isn't easy. Thankfully the guy was rather conservative; allowed me to slip away to cool and dig up stuff and then jump back at him after posting.

#8 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:49 PM

View PostKoniving, on 22 May 2014 - 01:43 PM, said:

Updated it. Was in combat.

And people say I am crazy :wub:

#9 Ishameal

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:37 PM

Thanks for the answers!

I guess I'll pick up a color or two and skip the patterns.

#10 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:52 PM

Sales.... sales....

They happen often enough.
Some patterns and a couple of light heroes for half off will do me nicely.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users