Views On Victor "tuning"

2 replies to this topic

Poll: How do you feel about the Victor Nerf? (8 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you feel about the Victor Nerf?

1. They were OP and should've been nerfed (1 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

2. They could've stood a nerf, but not so much. (6 votes [75.00%])

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

3. They were fine, and should have been left alone. (1 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

Vote

#1 juxstapo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,683 posts
  • Locationmy Tier is bigger than yours.

Posted 24 May 2014 - 02:19 PM

A'ight guys, no insults, PGIGP hate, "L2P losers", or suchlike. We're a mostly adult-ish demographic, despite the comfy anonymity offered by screennames and the interwebs we can still strive for a calm, concise discussion of our various opinions.

I Mastered all four Vics shortly after they were patched in and I have to grudgingly admit they were, perhaps a little too spectacular. A slight reduction in maneuverability might've been called for. However I think the boys overshot the mark.
I am absolutely certain at least a dozen of you have earned the Death Star achievement post nerf brawling in your Victors and if I had any skill at all I wouldn't be posting this whiny poll. But for my fellow plebeians and I, well I'd just as soon take a Battlemaster now. Seem to see more success in the Brawling arena that way.

Ironically where the Victors currently shine, is as jump snipers. But that isn't what I, or the fluff, wanted them for.

So, to me, nerfing them was fine, but not quite so much...

#2 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 24 May 2014 - 08:10 PM

The big issue with the nerfs is that they didn't really hit the main problem. The biggest issue was the Victor being used a premier poptarting platform...reducing its turning and twisting speeds to literally Atlas levels (not even kidding here!) does not really hurt its ability to jump up and fire an alpha strike.

Such nerfs only reduce the mech's effectiveness in close combat, which was not the issue that should have been solved. What we need is some kind of way to make poptarting require more skill/risk than it does now, so it doesn't totally eclipse most other playstyles in the game. Also, jump jets should really be more of a "choice" rather than a must-have like they are now. The agility nerfs could then be removed, because poptarting would no longer be obnoxious.

Edited by FupDup, 24 May 2014 - 08:11 PM.

#3 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 10:31 PM

Don't see a feature suggestion, but an opinion poll.

That's not what this sub-forum is here for, so closing!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users