How many of Each were sold?

17 replies to this topic

#1 wwiiogre

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationNorth Idaho

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:07 AM

Just had a friend tell me he was customer # somewhere around 19,000. That is awesome news for PGI. I would love to see the real numbers. But if the above is true then almost 1 in 8 of us here on the forums invested in MWO and PGI. 12% is a great start.

Good Luck PGI, we are counting on you to give us the best MW/BT game ever and we put our money on it.

Chris

#2 Gorith

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:10 AM

alot I would imagine

#3 Xantars

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 477 posts
  • LocationSome were in house Stiner Space

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:10 AM

who knows and who cares

#4 Icebound

• Elite Founder
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:11 AM

I'm curious actually, it seems like a LOT of people went legendary.

#5 BanditRaptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 336 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:13 AM

I'm just glad to see some other elites around, I was starting to feel a bit outnumbered...

#6 Icebound

• Elite Founder
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:14 AM

^ Ditto.

#7 a rabid chihuahua

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 378 posts
  • Locationat top of jump arc ..and out of fuel!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:14 AM

I am the 12% ! :(

#8 Chuckie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,738 posts
  • LocationHell if I don't change my ways

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:16 AM

At 20,000 (for a round number) at $70 average (Seems a few more elite than legendary and both more than Veteran) that's a nice 1.4 Million dollar haul..

That should pay for a good number of Servers :(

#9 Mal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 995 posts

Russ mentioned in another thread (at least, I think it was Russ) that they don't have any plans at this time, to reveal how many of each were sold.

#10 Lou Cypher

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationBrowning, Missouri

View PostBeakieHelmet, on 20 June 2012 - 08:13 AM, said:

I'm just glad to see some other elites around, I was starting to feel a bit outnumbered...

It's okay the addiction will set in and you will upgrade to Legendary. Feel the twitch yet?

#11 Tano

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationCloser than you think..

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:17 AM

I'm surprised at how many went Legendary, real nice to see! :(

#12 wwiiogre

• 1,281 posts
  • LocationNorth Idaho

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:18 AM

Legendary when payday comes around. Yep, would have set aside $120 if I had known it was available, but near the end of the month so in a couple of weeks I to will be Legendary.

Chris

#13 Lintx

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:19 AM

I ended up going legendary just because I couldn't choose which founder mech I wanted!

#14 BanditRaptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 336 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:21 AM

View PostBlane, on 20 June 2012 - 08:14 AM, said:

I am the 12% ! :(

Maybe!

Gotta remember though, the forums are not a good indication of the distribution of each kind of pack. The forum is where the absolute most dedicated go to talk about stuff, while it's a solid chunk of what the eventual fanbase may be like you gotta remember only 500 or so make up most of the forum's posts, and I would not be surprised if nearly all of those 500 got elite if not legendary packs.

I'm still on the fence on whether or not I want to upgrade, only budgeted for the elite pack, and sixty bucks for just three more mechs... Ehh... but... that extra bar... and the star in the middle... and it's GOLD! And if our names will forever have that little picture on them for the life of this game, in the game itself next to our usernames, I'm gonna want the gold bars, not the orange bars...

#15 Vaktor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 271 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:28 AM

View Postwwiiogre, on 20 June 2012 - 08:07 AM, said:

Just had a friend tell me he was customer # somewhere around 19,000. That is awesome news for PGI. I would love to see the real numbers. But if the above is true then almost 1 in 8 of us here on the forums invested in MWO and PGI. 12% is a great start.

Good Luck PGI, we are counting on you to give us the best MW/BT game ever and we put our money on it.

Chris

We had a moderator ( I am pretty sure it was Russ) tell us that the confirmation transaction # that everyone has been throwing out as what number in line you were to get the founders pack is a none linear # so really there probably has not been 19000 sold... no way of knowing for sure at this point.

Edited by Vaktor, 20 June 2012 - 08:29 AM.

#16 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:34 AM

This information is irrelevant.

Needless to say; yesterday, I will speculate, was probably quite successful based on the colors I see floating around member names at the bottom of the forums. Infusions of Venture Capital like this allow further development in terms of man hours or hardware requirements.

Smile! You all helped facilitate the potential for great strides in the MWO property.

#17 Xmador

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 121 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:35 AM

I would have gone legendary if we had more mech selections. I DO want eventually to own several mechs, but not necessarily 1 of each weight class, and there are other chassis that I want more. For me, I didn't see a purpose in buying all four when I already know when a more preferred mech is available, my founders mech is going to gather dust in the mech bay.

Also, I don't really have a big ego, so while it's nice to see the elite emblem, it wasn't much of a factor.

If I knew definitively that my founders mech could be traded for a different mech chassis, then I'd be all in for four temporary mechs.

#18 a rabid chihuahua

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 378 posts
  • Locationat top of jump arc ..and out of fuel!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:36 AM

Congratulations ..We have been assimilated into the collective !

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users