MWO - Deathmatch only game?

14 replies to this topic

#1 Abohac

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 45 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:11 AM

Can anyone tell me if MWO is going do be a deathmatch only game or will it have a single player campaign, map of worlds, big maps to explore, quests and so on (a traditional MMO) or will it be a pvp only game with a bare console for browsing matches, more like cs, bf or similar FPS games? I don't know how but I gained the impression that the later one is going to happen (it would dissapoint me, I have to admit). Can anyone shed some insight on this?

#2 IIntrude

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationEvansville, IN

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:14 AM

It is not in the vein of World of Warcraft with quests and towns to visit etc... It is more a PvP centric game ala World of Tanks, except much more involved, detailed and with a lot more customization at ones fingertips. Check out the videos found here and read the devblogs found here for a much better look at what to expect.

Edited by iintrude, 20 June 2012 - 08:16 AM.

#3 Xantars

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 477 posts
  • LocationSome were in house Stiner Space

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:16 AM

yup it will be so much better then Wot were your in a tier 4 tank fighting a tier 7 tank that you cant hurt. In this game all mech weapons are the same a light mech and hurt and kill and assult mech if the ploit is good enough

#4 chumppi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationVaasa, Finland

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:17 AM

It's not an MMORPG if that's what you're asking. It's a lobby based First Person Mech Sim. There wont be a singleplayer campaign, there wont be big worlds which you can enter, but there will be worlds which you fighter over against other factions and that kind of thing, conquering a map, RISK style. http://mwomercs.com/...munity-warfare/ You should read this. But yeah, it's pretty much Deathmatch game like cs, bf, similar fps games but it will probably have modes like capturing certain areas and that sort. But a lot of the gameplay also comes from customizing and specializing your mech, training your mechwarrior and enabling different modules for your mech. Tbh, you should quickly glance over all the dev blogs, great stuff there.

If you didn't notice this: it's stickied on general discussion http://mwomercs.com/...-for-new-users/

Edited by chumppi, 20 June 2012 - 08:18 AM.

#5 Abohac

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 45 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:17 AM

So no galactic map, adventures and so on? Ah, this hit me hard, I just always connected the MW franchize with epicness, people, universe... :((( I wonder why this is, I can only assume it's a small budget thing and not a deliberate choice.
To the pvpmobile then.

#6 Derek Icelord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 547 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:18 AM

There will be no PvE, thus no campaign or single player mode. However, it will not be just deathmatch either. They've said that there will be games where the objective is a base or a control point and not just "shoot the enemy 'Mechs before they shoot you."

#7 Tano

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationCloser than you think..

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:19 AM

Really looking forward to the multiple game modes.

The single WoT game mode will be its downfall if they don't do something.

#8 Derek Icelord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 547 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:20 AM

View PostAbohac, on 20 June 2012 - 08:17 AM, said:

So no galactic map, adventures and so on?

There will be a galactic map. House players can fight for control over border worlds. You can't have say House Kurita sweep the board and control everything, certain worlds are locked as "core" worlds since they're important to the BT storyline. However you can alter the map borders somewhat.

#9 chumppi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationVaasa, Finland

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:21 AM

View PostAbohac, on 20 June 2012 - 08:17 AM, said:

So no galactic map, adventures and so on? Ah, this hit me hard, I just always connected the MW franchize with epicness, people, universe... :((( I wonder why this is, I can only assume it's a small budget thing and not a deliberate choice.
To the pvpmobile then.

http://mwomercs.com/...munity-warfare/

Yes there will, read all the devblogs.

#10 Vulpesveritas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts
  • LocationWinsconsin, USA

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:22 AM

Not to mention it won't be just death match, the devs have said they are going to be including other game modes, and i it is sounding like the core game mode at release is capture the base....

#11 Derek Icelord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 547 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:24 AM

To add to what chumppi said, as far as I know they did make the deliberate choice of a PvP oriented game. That is BattleTech. It's a universe embroiled in almost endless conflict. Hell, the years 3030 to 3049 are one of the very few times the known galaxy isn't at war.

#12 Gaussguy

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:25 AM

Well there is a thread in the suggestions area that is for posting game modes u would like to see in the game. If u have any suggestions for game modes u would like to see, i would suggest posting there.

#13 IIntrude

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationEvansville, IN

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:30 AM

View PostTano, on 20 June 2012 - 08:19 AM, said:

Really looking forward to the multiple game modes.

The single WoT game mode will be its downfall if they don't do something.

QFT, it gets old and stale very quickly. I am looking forward to different game modes in MWO, such as:

Meeting Engagement - a tradition team based deathmatch, last team standing wins.
Solaris - 1 v 1 or small group arena matches, maybe able to play bets on the outcome of other players matches.
Base Raid - Raid an enemy base and download important data, steal supplies, etc... before having to return to your extraction site.
Border Wars - 2 bases that are able to be captured. Destroy the enemy or capture the base to win.
Wounded Comrade - One teammate is crippled and must be protected until repairs or safety is reached.
etc.... these ideas have been repeated many time I am sure and some of them are undoubtedly in the game already or planned. The point being, a varied and interesting mix of objective based games need to be included for longevity sake.

View PostGaussguy, on 20 June 2012 - 08:25 AM, said:

Well there is a thread in the suggestions area that is for posting game modes u would like to see in the game. If u have any suggestions for game modes u would like to see, i would suggest posting there.

Ahh very nice, ty for pointing that out :P

Edited by iintrude, 20 June 2012 - 08:32 AM.

#14 Badgerpants

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:45 AM

First game mode will be PvP capture the flag/deathmatch, Role warfare video also mentioned a "dropship mode" 1 Lance (4 mech) respawn mode in one battle, not sure how that will work or when it will be ingame. hoping for soon!

#15 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:46 AM

View PostXantars, on 20 June 2012 - 08:16 AM, said:

yup it will be so much better then Wot were your in a tier 4 tank fighting a tier 7 tank that you cant hurt. In this game all mech weapons are the same a light mech and hurt and kill and assult mech if the ploit is good enough

also youll have community warfare wen they figure out how to impliment it lol

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users