395 replies to this topic

#321 Zuesacoatl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 614 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:56 PM

Actually, the clans are going to be run just like the IS houses are, that way no one unit can lay claim to a clan. I have read a few places that they may allow merc like units to take "bids" from clans so that people can run their unit as they see fit and not have a program chose your targets for you.

#322 RkAngel Crow

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:14 AM

I would like to know where it is posted in the forums that the Devs have said they are thinking of having anyone that wishes to be a certain Clan to trial for it. I have not once seen any post like that. The only thing I have ever seen posted is that no one unit will be able to take any of the major names be it House, Clan (when they get into the game), or Merc. Unit. Please point me in the direction of the post you keep saying Russ or Paul have said such things I would really like to read it.

It seem a bit odd that they would treat the Clan Units differently than they would the House units. That would not go over to well with a lot of people. Not to mention any new people that would come into the game later that might want to also take a bit of a certain Clan name. They would be shooting themselves in the foot if you ask me.

#323 Giani

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:18 PM

<disclaimer>Note: The following is the sole rant of Giani and does not express the views or opinions of Spectre's Ravens</disclaimer>

Alrighty I need to throw my 2 cents in here. I think some people tend to forget that this game is first and foremost a business. Not a loving homage to all things canon with no regard to how it affects gameplay. Certain things might work fine if you're playing a tabletop game with a few buddies or even a league with few dozen hardcore gamers, but would be totally impractical in an MMO setting with thousands of players ranging from ultra hardcore lore experts to casual noobs who just want to blow stuff up with big robots.

The devs need to make the game appealing to all levels of gamers and not cater only to elitists who feel entitled to something. As such, NO ONE will be "in charge" of a major faction. There will be player units which can be affiliated with a faction like a House or at some point Clan, but none of the units will have any claim to the faction name, control over it, or control over any other unit but their own. To do otherwise would severly limit the ability of the casual gamer to carve out their own niche and enjoy all the game has to offer. It's these casual gamers who would probably end up being the majority of the player base and therefore the largest source of income for the game. Put a handful of elitist players "in charge" of thousands of casual gamers and you go bankrupt. It's a business and it will be run like one.
How many people would be playing WoW if the top PvP guild decided one day that they ran the Horde or Alliance and everyone must bow to their whims? See my point here? That is all. Thanks for your time...

source: common sense, people.

#324 Fiachdubh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts
  • LocationSkulking out along the Periphery somewhere.

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:32 PM

No player will be claiming the name of any cannon Clan, IS or merc faction. I have seen several arguments over who gets to be who (most notably that ridiculous Northwind Highlander spat) on these forums before until the Devs stated that all cannon faction names are, quite rightly, off limits so this is a complete waste of time.

As for claims that Russ said otherwise you are either operating off of incorrect information or have misunderstood something. Whatever way the Clans are implemented it will be in a way that we can all fight for our favoured Clan whether as individuals or independent units which once again makes these challanges a complete waste of time other than as practice, which would be usefull.

Edited by Fiachdubh, 01 August 2012 - 03:46 PM.

#325 Enig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 594 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:43 PM

I would love to see a PVE trial to earn your way into the ranks of being a Clan Mechwarrior, would be pretty interesting seeing as how it would cost too much in labor to send players into a PVP trial.

#326 Fiachdubh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:49 PM

Yes I would like to see PvE used for things like that. Also would like the Clans initial appearances to be PvE. Incidents similar to their introduction in MW2 Mercs would be great. I like a bit of storyline with my games.

#327 Verdic Mckenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 454 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEastern PA - USA

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:07 PM

I guess my attempt at being facetious went completely unnoticed. lol. Relax people, it's just a game. :) On the upside, it's helped me decide where to cast my lot.

#328 Enig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 594 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:09 PM

View PostVerdic Mckenna, on 01 August 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I guess my attempt at being facetious went completely unnoticed. lol. Relax people, it's just a game. :) On the upside, it's helped me decide where to cast my lot.

Haha, where's that, the people who don't have a serious stick shoved up their exhaust?

#329 Zuesacoatl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 614 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:58 PM

Verdic, did you play in W!O? That name sounds familiar.

#330 RkAngel Crow

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:11 PM

There is no stick shoved anywhere and how you came to that conclusion I have no idea, but everyone is entitled to his or her views. We know it is just a game. The fact it is just a GAME is why we have said that no one unit will be able to take control over any major factions. That and the fact that is what the Devs have said as well. The fact it is a GAME means that everyone should have the same rights to whichever faction they would like to play for. If they don't they will more than likely not play and that would hurt the game overall and I do not think that anyone of us wants to see that happen. If we have sounded frustrated it is because we are so tired of seeing the same argument time and time again on these forums. It should be common sense that since it is an mmo game and not set up like a league, that the Devs would not want to allow someone to take over a faction, it would kill the game really fast.

#331 Fiachdubh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:04 AM

View PostVerdic Mckenna, on 01 August 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I guess my attempt at being facetious went completely unnoticed. lol. Relax people, it's just a game. :D On the upside, it's helped me decide where to cast my lot.

No I enjoyed it. All anyone did was point out that cannon names are off limits, the real question is why is a Ghost Bear trying to stir up a Snow Raven thread (I saw what you did there! ^_^ ), everyone was getting along so well.

Would be suprised if CSR were added to the game anyway although there being so many of us wont hurt the cause.

#332 Enig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 594 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:13 AM

View PostFiachdubh, on 02 August 2012 - 05:04 AM, said:

No I enjoyed it. All anyone did was point out that cannon names are off limits, the real question is why is a Ghost Bear trying to stir up a Snow Raven thread (I saw what you did there! :D ), everyone was getting along so well.

Would be suprised if CSR were added to the game anyway although there being so many of us wont hurt the cause.

Woah woah, I'm not trying to stir anything up, but I'm certainly hanging out because that's generally what Ghost Bear's and Snow Raven's do!

#333 RkAngel Crow

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:28 AM

By all means hang out all you want, we do not mind the company at all.

Edited by RkAngel Crow, 02 August 2012 - 08:32 AM.

#334 Verdic Mckenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 454 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEastern PA - USA

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:08 AM

Actually Enig I just seemed to notice that this went from being an open Snow Raven board to a Spectre's Raven's recruitment thread. In which case I think things got a little too serious for a place that's all about open discussion. I chose to go with a unit that's based back from TKZ in the mid 90's. A lot of good tradition there. Feels like i'm betraying my roots a little bit changing banners, but I think it's for the best.

Safe Hunting.

#335 Fiachdubh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:19 PM

Well it would be nice to see other Snow Raven centered units hanging around in here otherwise it will turn into a Spectre's Ravens thread by default, we have our own forums for that and I'm sure we all want to see as many different Ravens as possible in here.

Need more people and units active in here so new visitors will see that there are several options for those looking for a Snow Raven related unit to join or just a place to hang out. Of course it is always nice to see others, particularly Ghost Bears, in here as well. Would love some more BBK sigs plastered around the thread to liven things up as it does kind of look like a bit overwhelmed with Spectre's Ravens sigs at the moment.

Edited by Fiachdubh, 03 August 2012 - 12:29 PM.

#336 RkAngel Crow

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:18 PM

This is and will always be an open Snow Raven board since 1) we don't own these boards and 2) I don't think any of us wish for it not to be an open board. We love all the chatter the open board brings and you meet a lot of interesting peeps that way. After reading your latest post though, I actually went back and read the whole thread over again, because even though you are entitled to your own view, and I totally respect that, I still have to respectfully disagree with you about it going to a Spectre's Raven's recruitment thread. We have never put up a recruitment post in here asking peeps to come join the Spectre's Ravens. The closest you can actually come to that is maybe when Zues posted that we ( old CSR W!O group) had decided to make Spectre's Ravens, to honor a fellow Clan member who we lost very suddenly in 2006 that meant a great deal to the W!O CSR group. He posted that anyone was welcome to join if they like since earlier someone had asked if anyone was going to start something Raven related. Other than that, the only other thing you could remotely call recruitment is when individuals would post for themselves in here that they were looking for a group that would be affiliated some how with Clan Snow Raven and the tradition of the Clan. I then would offer them a spot in SR if they so chose, but they were always able to go elsewhere if someone else offered them a spot in another Unit. In one instance we were specifically asked to be joined in here and I pointed them to our temporary website for application, I don't think you can call that recruitment. As for you thinking things got a little to serious for a place that is an open discussion, I have to disagree with you about that too. All anyone did was discuss their point of view of things (which BTW were not directed toward you) and pointed out what MWO developers had already pointed out to us many times before in different threads. To me that is called discussion, but that is just me. I am sorry you feel you need to as you say betray your roots, but again that is your choice and I wish you the best in your endeavors with your unit.
Safe Hunting

Edited by RkAngel Crow, 03 August 2012 - 02:20 PM.

#337 Zuesacoatl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 614 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:03 PM

Meh, it has been offered in here, after people have asked, to join our crew, but I never intentionally made this an SR thread, nor did I implore my people to do it either. We were enjoying the conversation until the last few pages in all honesty. I am not going to visit these forums much in the future cause the people that have begun to frequent it, but that is alright, I have my unit to talk to, and trust my guys to represent us here if ever we need it. If you do not like it, then hey, get over it. Life is hard, get a helmet if you cant get through it.

To my Ravens, as I have said in our forums, please refrain from any type of recruiting in this thread, I know people ask, but for the sake of harmony, and avoiding hurt feelings, please keep it in private at the very least,

#338 TANTE EMMA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 531 posts
  • LocationTANTE EMMAS LADEN

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:19 AM

Became a bit quiet in here... *BUMP*

#339 RkAngel Crow

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:22 PM

Quiet is sometimes a nice thing....this comes from someone who spends her day with a 3 year old and teething 9 month old all day long. :P But yes, it is way to quiet.

#340 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:19 PM

That's awesome i would love to join Snow Raven. No bloodname yet, hope to learn one. I like the sig

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users